Recent Topics

Ads

chosen kotbs aura idea

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: chosen kotbs aura idea

Post#21 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:18 am

cos probably make the meccanic work in that way it's problematic, and exept from that, it will truly help both server performance/ player lag, and fix something that it should have fixed long ago, you cant have a "meccanic that get interrupted" cos there is no other meccnic that can be "interrupted", and that's becouse chosen/kobs auras are treat like skill instead like a meccanic in the first place.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#22 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:53 am

Tesq wrote: Not just that, there were and add-on called "twister configuration" that work togheter with twister, it let you istant change all auras set in twister and had 5 different configuration similar to tactis :/ (ye even during combat)
Aww "twister configuration" now I feel like a n00b again. Not sure it was around though when I twisted :)
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Barbadian

Post#23 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:00 pm

I thought the whole twisting mechanic was part of the skill behind playing the Chosen/KOTBS?

Azarael

Post#24 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:23 pm

In practice, aura switching is automated by use of the Twister addon. The mechanic doesn't require any actual thought, it just requires you to internally automate the process of hitting an aura hotkey every 4.5 seconds, or you can use Twister to bind it to a main attack key and forget about it.

RyanMakara

Post#25 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:30 pm

JeFawk wrote:
nalgol wrote:what if we change auras that you can have 3 auras perma activated ?

we wouldn't need twister anymore means less ability spam + less target finding
every chosen kotbs used twister anyway
I'll answer your question with another question:

Why are you changing the original game?
Because the original game died due to never changing a god-damned thing.

RyanMakara

Post#26 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:37 pm

The original base for auras was that the Chosen'KotBS would give a certain command to the group to bolster them to fight a certain wave against an incoming group. The Chosen/KotBS acts as an army general of sorts; he's supposed to anticipate what the best tactic to fight against the incoming group is, and then bolster his troops accordingly. It should only be logical that only ONE fighting style can be used when the command is given. The linger effect and rapid buff switching was a bit of an exploit due to improper mechanic design.

So, how about a 1 minute cooldown per Aura switch? You wouldn't have the overpowered advantage of all three stat buffs and you cannot actively switch during combat to get all three stat buffs. Instead, you could have one active fighting style based on what the command is supposed to do; buff one stat to set a certain fighting style at the start of a fight, instead of being ready for all other types of fights during it. It was an illogical construct from the start, and it's partially while Chosens/KotBSs were valued so much in groups. Simplifying the mechanic would make it more logical and less OP.

Azarael

Post#27 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Would you be increasing the strength of individual buffs at the same time as part of such a change, or do you view this as a solution to both the issues of the poor aura tank mechanic and the power of such tanks?

Tesq

Post#28 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:09 pm

RyanMakara wrote:The original base for auras was that the Chosen'KotBS would give a certain command to the group to bolster them to fight a certain wave against an incoming group. The Chosen/KotBS acts as an army general of sorts; he's supposed to anticipate what the best tactic to fight against the incoming group is, and then bolster his troops accordingly. It should only be logical that only ONE fighting style can be used when the command is given. The linger effect and rapid buff switching was a bit of an exploit due to improper mechanic design.

So, how about a 1 minute cooldown per Aura switch? You wouldn't have the overpowered advantage of all three stat buffs and you cannot actively switch during combat to get all three stat buffs. Instead, you could have one active fighting style based on what the command is supposed to do; buff one stat to set a certain fighting style at the start of a fight, instead of being ready for all other types of fights during it. It was an illogical construct from the start, and it's partially while Chosens/KotBSs were valued so much in groups. Simplifying the mechanic would make it more logical and less OP.
mm not sure how i should understand this, if you ar told us to set max 1 auras at time it's ....NO big as a Bo ass, first auras get nerfed in their value, then you always could had 3 auras active from long time ago, it was just requirement ap consume intialy, then it got remove as it was the worst meccanic in game.
Then other skill (ravage etc) got nerfed so having 3 aura at time is not an issue atm
Becouse doing that would destroy the only balance tank in game.
Problem are not on auras itself but on skill/taction can togheter with them (distated for victory and kobs things)

if you are tell us that chosen/kobs could have 3 max aura and only swap 1 every 1 min that's ok for me, i'd like to been more restrictive with aoe buff but that's fine

Ads
RyanMakara

Post#29 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Azarael wrote:Would you be increasing the strength of individual buffs at the same time as part of such a change, or do you view this as a solution to both the issues of the poor aura tank mechanic and the power of such tanks?
It'd be easier to increase the power of all auras if you can only one one at the same time, than to scale all buffs accordingly. In fact, this would mean there is more significance in making the right tactical choice in a battle; you could switch out resists at the middle of a fight to increase survivability but to lower damage by swapping it out for strengthening buffs, or vice versa for DPS damage over survivability in order to win a fight. It all depends on who opposes you and what the group may need to win.

I'd much rather fight a group that can have a tactically visible strategy, than to fight against all three at once while the tank simply uses a macro to keep all his stats boosted as an unfair advantage.

Tesq

Post#30 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:12 pm

RyanMakara wrote:
Azarael wrote:Would you be increasing the strength of individual buffs at the same time as part of such a change, or do you view this as a solution to both the issues of the poor aura tank mechanic and the power of such tanks?
It'd be easier to increase the power of all auras if you can only one one at the same time, than to scale all buffs accordingly. In fact, this would mean there is more significance in making the right tactical choice in a battle; you could switch out resists at the middle of a fight to increase survivability but to lower damage by swapping it out for strengthening buffs, or vice versa for DPS damage over survivability in order to win a fight. It all depends on who opposes you and what the group may need to win.

I'd much rather fight a group that can have a tactically visible strategy, than to fight against all three at once while the tank simply uses a macro to keep all his stats boosted as an unfair advantage.
You dont have to increase nothing all aura are alredy balanced and they are from 1.3.4, if something are bad with aura it's kobs tactic that work around 3 of them, there is nothing to touch here, they alredy got nerfed and for good also there is a reason why you can use 3 medium power aura and not 1 big at a time.
It's more easy exploti 1 big aura than 3 medium on 1 classes, alredy 3 aura provide less opness than 1 aura, unless you wanna return to times where 2h chosen crit you for 1.8k
The suggestion to make aura permanet come from nalg as a easy way to solve the problem, mine/our same suggestion came from the fact that a bugged add-on that is needed to let a meccanic work is just wrong, if i suggest to make 3 aura not switchable in fact is not to nerf aura itself but the role chosen/kobs should have on the field.
They are party buffer, and they have too much option to can perfectly match situation, make them always better than single target support tanks, this is way they should have 3 aura not switcable all 3 medium buff none of them op.
Medium support not able to perfectly match to situation. i fell comfortable with that i will chosen a balance set up and it's done.

Having more less effective auras active on 1 pg mean that other chosen are not require in party cos all those 3 aura are alredy in party, and considering aura dont stack , alredy 1 chosen it's ok for every party, 2 are not required.

let's see what will happen if we follow what you suggest and every aura become strong as itself:

think about it let's say i use 1 aura (resistence) so you will buff up that aura? truly? cos well you will still have 2x chosen with 2 aura x party( lets assume that other chosen will use strengh aura) double their effectiveness mean you will have in proportionaly the equivalent of 4 auras with out count which classes will benfith most sorc/bw and chosen itself
Lets say chosen will have capped at max both so you will have chosen/kobs and sorc/bw bombig aoe and this will become the only viable party around, just like it was in past, and it will be no out cos strengh aura + guard + parry will provide too much defense to make melee useless. Furthermore this will benefith more destru than order as kobs do not have ravage....

so you will still have 2/3 x aura in partys, 2/2 tank = chosen/kobs x party, more op things in game( with out count that all build will become copy and paste AND EVERY chosen / kobs that could think about this know it very well)
You will probably kill any other complex build exept stack strengh, parry, armor, resistence.

I'll see this become a huge buff to off tank and a nerf to def tank ---> that is what i am totaly against by nature and for sake of game