Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] 40/40 Build feedback

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lancez

[Warrior Priest] 40/40 Build feedback

Post#1 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello,

I played a Grace spec WP on live and would like to try again here. I am aware of it's short comings but I still enjoy the challenge a lot.

I'm looking for some ideas on how to make the most out the spec.
I'm planning to basically spam Sigmars Radiance in between Sigmars Fist/Vison and DA healing. The goal to provide steady group healing with burst healing when needed, along with target debuffs.

The challenge as I see it is 1) staying alive, and 2) being useful which is dependent on #1.

I'm wondering which tree I should go down after I am done with grace? It almost doesn't seem worth going into either of the two trees.
I'm wondering which prayer I should run, Absolution seems best but I wonder if I run Devotion with the Tatic if that would provide decent healing to keep me afloat.

For tatics I'm leaning towards:
Divine Fury, Greave of Sigmar, Fanaticism, with the last spot for Grace of Sigmar or maybe Leading the Prayer if I run that prayer. I'm also wondering if Divine Warding procs off crit life leeches. I'll have to test it.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wp; ... :4168:4169:

Ads
Ramasee

Re: [Warrior Priest] 40/40 Build feedback

Post#2 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:31 pm

This is my preference of grace spec. I lead more towards a hybridization of lifetap heals and casted heals.

Masteries:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wp; ... 4:4165:0:0:

Renown:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 4000000000

I gear almost entirely defensively focusing on armor/resistances/toughness/wounds. I keep both a 1h+tome and a 2H weapon so I can choose my weapon based on the circumstance.

Nearly always run prayer of absolution. Only time you shouldn't is if there is no physical damage on other team (fat chance) or their is a full salvation WP in the same party as you.
Prayer of Devotion with leading the prayer only ever equaled 2-5% of my self healing on live. I do not have as good of addons to properly test that here. Biggest issue is the lack of stat scaling with this prayer.

Divine warding only procs off of direct heals. Life taps do not proc it.

Lancez

Post#3 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Thank you for the feedback.

I was tempted to pick up Pious Restoration but it seems like the healing isn't as good as one hit from Sigmars Radiance. I guess in circumstances where I can't melee something it's better than nothing but in that case I was thinking of picking up Divine Shielding since it doesn't scale from willpower I think

The consensus does seem that prayer of Absolution is best but I can't reconcile that mathematically. since it only reduces physical damage and would scale the more attackers on the target. But devotion would heal regards of damage type, although yes a smaller amount. I guess for the group Absolution is better but self healing Devotion would be better.

Do you split your stats between Will/Str? I think that was sort of the design but I think that might not turn out so well. I'm planning to go full Str on gear and defense from RR.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:58 pm

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wp; ... :;0:0:0:0:

Don't try to go full hybrid. The issue is very simply, with a 2h you HAVE to attack to gain RF. The time/GCDs it'll take to gather RF then cast a healing spell, means you're already dead most of the time. Save your RF casting for when there are no enemies, and someone is getting HoTd to death.

Sigmar's Radiance is your main attack/heal. You need the tactics to boost dam and it's base heal, the crit tactic is kinda up to you. I prefer it, but if you have an alternative go for it. But I highly suggest Leading the Prayer. Doesn't seem like much, but those heals WILL keep you alive when you should be dead.

RR go Deft defender and Reflexes. Last 10 points I'd go Futile Strikes and maybe some ini to lower your chance to be crit. Tali's I would suggest STR, but a mix of Str/armor wouldn't go amiss.

any melee WP HAS To have a gaurd. Otherwise you will disappear in a fine red mist. You need to remember that players of this game are hardwired(hopefully) to target Healers and squishies first and foremost. So you can't be the one leading the charge. You will get assist trained, and/or CCd to death. Hit the edges, go after squishies, And Remember, Pets are your Best Friends! Squiqs, horrors are easy to hit for max damage/heals on your group.

Don't bother trying to go after shamans/SH unless you have someone else to hold them. Do NOT stop on the front lines to thwack away at tanks/gaurded MDPS. You will get melted from their back-line, with no one to hit for good damage. Dump your Detaunt on them and cleanse the slow(if you can) then get past 'em. Or sit on your backline waiting for their push.

Practice dropping your AoE on secondary targets if you don't have a reliable tank, as well as swaping your actual target. Don't go into tunnel vision on that Mara/chosen that you've been 2v1 dueling with for an hour.

Oh, and expect to die horribly with very little added quite often. Unless you hvae a group that is gonna support you and the melee WP system, you're in for a rough ride.

Edit: The healdebuff can actually be very helpful being instant cast, soulfire just requires timing. You can move as you cast, so whenever you are moving from target to target/being kited/etc pop that to drop some extra DPS around the place. You could swap the Wrath abilities for Salvation(Group HoT and group Shield), but that's up to your playstyle more than anything.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ramasee

Post#5 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Dabbart gave a great build for the 100% melee grace+wrath warrior priest as well as general advice. This is what a lot of players are looking for; and might be what you want.

Leading the Prayer might have gotten more useful since the last time I tried it; it was only exceptionally good for self survival if your group has high casts per second (mostly instant casts aka mdps and tanks). Like I said, I haven't properly tested its effectiveness on RoR; so that particular advice was based on my numbers from live.

-----

As for prayer of absolution and its only physical damage reduction. Below is the list of destruction classes and the damage types they do. As you can see; that is alot of classes with primary or higher %s of physical damage. Order %-based defensive stats order roughly follows as this Armor > Armor > Spirit > Corporeal > Elemental. I can't log in since I am on vacation to get you the armor value on a rank 25 prayer of absolution (dabbart's build) and a rank 34 (my build) to give you the exact numbers.

Blackguard - Mostly Physical
Black Orc - Mostly Physical
Chosen - Spirit Damage, moderate physical

Choppa - Mostly Physical
Marauder - Physical, minor corporeal
Witch Elf - Physical/Corporeal, semi-minor spiritual

Disciple - Physical, moderate spiritual
Zealot - Mostly Corporeal
Shaman - Mostly Elemental

Squig Herder - Physical, moderate corporeal, minor elemental.
Magus - Spirit (AoE DoTs), Elemental (ST)
Sorceror - Spirit/Corporeal

-----

My build is just how I have found I like to play; it has an even higher pay attention cap than the standard grace spec to be effective. No, I do not split my stats between willpower and strength. I always go for str > will; I take strength gear and add armor and toughness talismans to it.

The healing values for TotD, HH, and PR are increased by exalted defenses and the fact that I do not use either divine fury or fanaticism. I normally start scenarios with my 2H equipped; If I find that I am dying too quickly because of lack of guard or too much focus, I switch it out for my 1h+tome so I can be at least some-what effective healing in the back until something squishy comes into our back line unguarded.

Also, if we have too many healers I can swap in all the offensive tactics. (I love the tactic system! Always have) When I do that, I end up playing similar to what Dabbart posted except I do not have the wrath abilities.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:45 pm

Ramasee, question's with your build;

1, How do you find your overall RF recoop times in 2h? If you are setting to cast/attack that means you are probably utilizing Divine Assault. How is your RF on avg?

2, the hammer/book combo to heal while awaiting backliners, how much do you miss the AoE detaunt? I guess you wont have to deal with trains as often, but still. And once you do get said squishy, are you able to keep your front-line in range of your attack-heals?

Interesting build. Far more Hybrid based, and situational depending on group. Seems like a bit of fun to bounce around with. Equipping it must be a pain:P

Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ramasee

Post#7 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:18 am

1. With 2H and actively hitting something with sigmar's radiance, you can get one DA and TotD off every 8s and be RF neutral.

I keep PR up at all times, use DA mostly on cd/when needed. I toss out Healing Hands when moving between offensive targets. I use TotD to keep my RF from being capped and thus wasting any generation. (or HHs if no one in group needs the heal).

When the group is taking a bunch of damage, you can dump your RF to heal more than radiance specially if you have exalted defenses procced.

2. I miss the AoE detaunt sometimes. But usually when I am missing it, the front line of my team is already been crushed and we are back-pedaling.

Sigmar's radiance is the same heal range as TotD. So you have about the same problems with range, and usually at that point you are mostly attacking the squishy to get them off of one of your own squishies.

Yes keeping both sets of weapons up-to-date is a pain lol.

Landaren

Post#8 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:44 am

discipline slotted

I laughed a little

Ads
Voe

Post#9 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:11 am

Armor pots do not stack with prayer of absolution, amiright?

Dabbart

Post#10 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:55 am

Voe wrote:Armor pots do not stack with prayer of absolution, amiright?
Correct.
Spoiler:
Ramasee wrote:1. With 2H and actively hitting something with sigmar's radiance, you can get one DA and TotD off every 8s and be RF neutral.

I keep PR up at all times, use DA mostly on cd/when needed. I toss out Healing Hands when moving between offensive targets. I use TotD to keep my RF from being capped and thus wasting any generation. (or HHs if no one in group needs the heal).

When the group is taking a bunch of damage, you can dump your RF to heal more than radiance specially if you have exalted defenses procced.

2. I miss the AoE detaunt sometimes. But usually when I am missing it, the front line of my team is already been crushed and we are back-pedaling.

Sigmar's radiance is the same heal range as TotD. So you have about the same problems with range, and usually at that point you are mostly attacking the squishy to get them off of one of your own squishies.

Yes keeping both sets of weapons up-to-date is a pain lol.
1. I have never found this to be the case. Trying to cast and attack, my RF is always fookered. PR+HH+ToTD=130RF, or 4+ hits of SR or 9 enemies hit via smite. Each cast of your group heal takes 1.5 attacks of DR. And you have to stop moving/not be interrupted/otherwise CCd.

Simply keeping PR up 100% is difficult. 40rf every 10 is brutal if you are getting parried/blocked/absorbed/disarmed/etc. And DA will empty your RF in a hurry, which you will need it too.

I tried 2 different hybrid builds, neither of them could come close to creating enough RF to keep up. And to make matters worse, if you are trying to cast mid battle, then by and large you end up with 0 RF to use to heal as you are moving between targets...

As for healing more than Radiance, on a Squiq you can reliably heal for over 700 health each tick. When the DR ticks repeatedly it can out-heal nearly anyone. Keeping it ticking is the difficult part.

2.Incorrect actually. DR has a 100ft radius of where the enemy you are attacking is. Grp heal has a radius of where you choose to stand. One you have control over, the other you don't. I can run to keep up with my grp to drop my heals, DR you gotta hope everyone is in range of the swing:P