Recent Topics

Ads

Server dev question

Talk about the development of the emulator and related services.
Check out new and upcoming features to be implemented onto the server.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Jail

Re: Server dev question

Post#11 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:51 pm

10/10

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#12 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:59 pm

How true to the source(Live version) is the current RoR build, and how much is improvised?
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Azarael

Post#13 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:01 pm

Since none of us have ever seen the Age of Reckoning server code, this question has no answer.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#14 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:02 pm

sullemunk wrote:How true to the source(Live version) is the current RoR build, and how much is improvised?
You're asking how much of the RoR server code is written from scratch, and not taken from Mythic's code?

100% of it. We have never seen nor touched any code from the official Warhammer Online servers, nor would we if given the chance.
ManBearSquig wrote:hi guys, thank you for the reply I appreciate it @Genisaurus i've set it as a not null unsigned tinyint(3) but it's still throwing an error but thanks for the idea.
It's casting problem. If the datatype isn't in the DB, make sure that Common.Database.Account._GmLevel isn't an sbyte.

Which it appears to be, in the WarEmu repo.

Actually, now that I remember it, a GMLevel of -1 used to signify that a user was banned. We don't do that anymore, so you'll forgive me the mistake. So a better solution is to leave it as an sbyte in the code, and change the DB column to a signed TinyInt(3) (uncheck the "unsigned" box in MySQL Workbench).

StormX2
Game Master

Post#15 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:02 pm

I would guess its all improvised, but also impossible to know. They never had access to the original Code either.

Afterlife92

Post#16 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:19 pm

I don't want to open topic but I have one question. Is it safe for now to make new chars or should I still wait for a week or two ?
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#17 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:22 pm

i'll refrase it.
about how accurate is the packet handeling recieved from the client,
is there still alot of packets not decrypted yet?
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

ManBearSquig

Post#18 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Perfect TY Genisaurus, I've got a few days off work so i want to kick back play some ror but when the servers are down at least i can dev some addons :)

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#19 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:33 pm

sullemunk wrote:i'll refrase it.
about how accurate is the packet handeling recieved from the client,
is there still alot of packets not decrypted yet?
There are currently some packets that have not been fully decrypted. There are also some packets that we do not have logs of at all, so we can't even begin to decrypt them at this time. Not really my dept, so I couldn't put together numbers or percentages for you.

That being said, new progress is being made every week. Props to Londo, he seems to have a Rainman-like affinity for this stuff. The last breakthrough he had was with decoding Mythic's VarInts, and that will lead to some major improvements in the near future.

Londo

Post#20 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm

It used to be that most packets had to be decoded by trial and error. Most of packet decoding work I do now are with help of IDA (interactive disassembler) and Ollydbg. For some things we don't have packet logs, so I have to work backwards from client's lua calls and see what packets client is expecting (IE: Keep Claiming, Talisman Fusing, etc).