Recent Topics

Ads

Patch at 01:00 BST 21 September 2016

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Akalukz

Re: Patch at 01:00 BST 21 September 2016

Post#31 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:02 pm

Morf wrote:
Akalukz wrote:Didn't they change it to the buff only being in area of Keep? therfore 6 man / solo / duo etc AWAY from the keep are not affected?
Spoiler:
Azarael wrote:I will be issuing a patch with the following changes:

[Rationing]

- If a realm is outnumbered, the ration system will only affect them if they are within the radius of a friendly keep.

Additionally, I think penril has a very good idea to help lessen the impact of crossrealming.
I was affected by a 9% damage increase earlier on my lowbie wp while roaming, cant remember what the aao or bo situation was but it certainly hits you away from keeps.

Maybe you were on the "zerg" side, it's a bummer, but a fact of life, personally i would like the buff to ONLY be in effect at BO and Keep for either side.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Euan
Suspended

Post#32 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:50 pm

I still don't get X realming as a problem. It's infinitely better to play as the side with AAO. If you want to give even more incentive, award increase chance of more medals with AAO.
Is this a shitpost? Let me know through personal message.

warkaiser

Post#33 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:48 am

Euan wrote:I still don't get X realming as a problem. It's infinitely better to play as the side with AAO. If you want to give even more incentive, award increase chance of more medals with AAO.
You're right it is better, but only if you're actually a decent player. For those who are complete trash and can't kill anything, AAO isn't going to help them (0 x 400% still = 0) so they're better off just being a part of the zerg and leeching what rewards you can off them. This is what happens when everyone gets participation trophies nowadays... not willing to take risk vs reward, always the easy route.

georgehabadasher

Post#34 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:03 am

warkaiser wrote:
Euan wrote:I still don't get X realming as a problem. It's infinitely better to play as the side with AAO. If you want to give even more incentive, award increase chance of more medals with AAO.
You're right it is better, but only if you're actually a decent player. For those who are complete trash and can't kill anything, AAO isn't going to help them (0 x 400% still = 0) so they're better off just being a part of the zerg and leeching what rewards you can off them. This is what happens when everyone gets participation trophies nowadays... not willing to take risk vs reward, always the easy route.
The only reason decent players can get kills with aao is because of those easy route leechers. If everyone was a 'decent' player then you'd only fight premades all the time and wouldn't get anything with aao either.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#35 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:12 am

The idea of the patch is a step in the right direction. Before, the moment anyone saw the enemy faction burning a single BO, the strategy was to run straight for their keep and wait for a defense, as an even numbered fight could be stopped at the front door, and an uneven fight would still be defendable within the inner keep. Now, if you're going to be lazy and not even venture into the lake, you'll be punished for your lack of ability to coordinate any fighting besides sitting at your postern and peeking in and out. It's a siege. You sit, surrounded by enemies, and you're going to start dwindling away. I'd like to also see respawns within the keep no longer be applicable when the outer doors go down instead of requiring a guard to be killed, and the removal of the healer within the keep as well.

But like any other gamechange patch, give it at least a week for people to try it out before jumping to snap conclusions.

Infinity

Post#36 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:53 pm

I've had far more fun since this new system was rolled out, in addition to the BO timer changes and AAO/DR interaction being fixed. There's more movement on the map, encouraging warbands to meet in the open and fight over objectives. People were stuck in old habits initially, but now the playerbase has caught on I've been in several warbands even as a guildless T4 PuG which have been very well lead, trying to second-guess the enemy while other forces attack keeps or hold objectives.

The game feels much more lively and rewarding even for numerically inferior groups who can make heroic last stands in the more defensible or out-of-the-way BOs and hold out until the flag caps. Not to mention the more inclusive reward system that encourages people to move around instead of waiting on ticks all the time. Overall I'm very happy with the new changes which feel like a move towards rewarding smarter and well co-ordinated play on the Realm-wide level.

Dresden
Banned

Post#37 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Zones are not being taken, i haven't been out of the middle zones since the patch.

Oh god... i don't even care anymore... i need a break from RoR or something...
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q