Recent Topics

Ads

Training dummies in IC/Altdorf?

Let's talk about... everything else
ToXoS

Training dummies in IC/Altdorf?

Post#1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:14 pm

Hi!
Is it planned to add training dummies for people to work on their skills rotation and damage optimization?

Training these things on PvE is not great because the NPCs have less HP than a player and it's not possible to do it while fighting.

And champions NPCs hit too hard for a peaceful training.

Ads
Gobtar

Re: Training dummies in IC/Altdorf?

Post#2 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:17 pm

Not a bad idea, on live: destro had "Marauders" in Reikland that were often used as training dummies. Not sure if there ever were Order equivalents

Rowhin

Post#3 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Make the ones in Altdorf actual training dummies.

Make the ones in IC some poor saps who are kept alive through some twisted Chaos magic. (Or just Nurgle things).

RyanMakara

Post#4 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:36 pm

It's something I've been wanting to implement for the longest time now. Problem is, we'd have to attach a specific damage mitigation per armor type on either an unlimited HP NPC or game object, and ensure it doesn't attack you back. I'm sad to say it'd require help with implementation from a core developer, most of them are busy with RvR currently.

It's a very good suggestion, but currently has no priority.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#5 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:52 pm

RyanMakara wrote:It's something I've been wanting to implement for the longest time now. Problem is, we'd have to attach a specific damage mitigation per armor type on either an unlimited HP NPC or game object, and ensure it doesn't attack you back. I'm sad to say it'd require help with implementation from a core developer, most of them are busy with RvR currently.

It's a very good suggestion, but currently has no priority.
unlimited HP will break the game :^) they have to be capped, but could give them a 10k health reg per second.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#6 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:55 pm

Would be cool, They come in pretty handy when I was playing Neverwinter. Plus something to do while your waiting in the City for whatever it is you are waiting for ;p

I think they don't do unlim HP, but they tend to force a very high regen rate, and in the case that you overdo it, they respawn like a normal mob does, but they are in a fixed location

EDIT: What Sau said ;p