Recent Topics

Ads

[SH] questions

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GeneralOrrick

Re: [SH] questions

Post#11 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:48 am

Ye be playin a zoggin squiggy herd gob?! Ta be a goodz squiggy herd gob! Ye bezt lizten to da bozz! Datz HOW!
I'm Warbozz Blakkskar! Mey waaagh is da strongezt of da orkz! Ye bezt be thiking abots 'oining my waaagh ya filthy zoggin runt!

Ads
zulnam

Post#12 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:44 pm

Not wanting to hijack the thread but I was thinking maybe we can make this the generic SH helper thread for newbie questions.

Every SH build or discussion I've seen so far seems to favour Quick Shootin'. I was curious why Big Shootin' isn't a viable solution for RvR (or at least not as popular).

I went Big hoping that in T4 I could sit behind everybody else and fire 1-sec Plink shots also using the tactic that has a chance to return 30 AP on crit.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ugle

Post#13 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Instead of +30 on crit you might use +75 on dodge since everyone and their mother stacks dodge ;)
inactive

porkstar

Post#14 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:49 pm

ToXoS wrote:
Reinie wrote:amazing advice, thanks!

what is CW2 - 3?

and as it seems you know your way around a SH
i've seen countless combinations of merc and anni gear with even some epic items,
What should i aim for gearwise? i am currenrly rocking ruin because of my low renown rank
weapons i am going for annihilation bow and ebon flame spear untill i get sc ones
Are there specific items i can look for?

thanks a lot =)
CW = Cleansing Wind, at the RR trainer
It should be called NW - Noobing Winds. =P
Stinky's advice is pretty solid although with only +4 morale gain on gear, you should be able to use M2 on cooldown instead of using a morale tactic.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

porkstar

Post#15 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:28 pm

zulnam wrote:Not wanting to hijack the thread but I was thinking maybe we can make this the generic SH helper thread for newbie questions.

Every SH build or discussion I've seen so far seems to favour Quick Shootin'. I was curious why Big Shootin' isn't a viable solution for RvR (or at least not as popular).

I went Big hoping that in T4 I could sit behind everybody else and fire 1-sec Plink shots also using the tactic that has a chance to return 30 AP on crit.
In my experience Big Shootin' doesn't really fit very well into the SH theme of high mobility until RR50 and even then its questionable. To make Big Shootin' work you need Aimin' Quickly and Clever Shootin' or I Feelz Your Pain (two redundant tactics in the same tree is right there a clue that the tree is flawed). Shootin' wif da Wind is also key so you can get your debuffs applied at an effective range. That's three tactics. You are left with one tactic which will likely be Masterful Aim or Pick on Yer Own Size. At RR40 you are limited to either Rotten Arrer or Runaway abilities. At RR50 you can have both of those abilities but you will be lacking Pick on Yer Own Size which is a very nice boost to WS and BS. If you go further into the Big Shootin Tree you lose Run Away and Rotten Arrer for some very questionable abilities (Finish Em Off is a pretty killer ability though)

IMO giving up some mobility, WS, BS, and Rotten Arrer (one of the most OP abilities in game IMO) to be able to unload plinks just never felt good to me and I have tried the build. Around RR50 it starts to get a bit more palatable.

Have you thought about a SH duo? Quick Shootin and Big Shootin team?
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

zulnam

Post#16 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:06 am

porkstar wrote: Have you thought about a SH duo? Quick Shootin and Big Shootin team?
Not really. Would the two complete each-other?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I understand the disadvantages of the build now, even though i haven't felt them yet (T3, RR 26). At this point, my Plink / Lots o' Arrers spam seems to be doing a fine job, especially on assist.

I'll respec to quick shootin and try it out before i reach T4.

porkstar

Post#17 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:27 pm

zulnam wrote:
porkstar wrote: Have you thought about a SH duo? Quick Shootin and Big Shootin team?
Not really. Would the two complete each-other?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I understand the disadvantages of the build now, even though i haven't felt them yet (T3, RR 26). At this point, my Plink / Lots o' Arrers spam seems to be doing a fine job, especially on assist.

I'll respec to quick shootin and try it out before i reach T4.
The QS SH could be more mobile and take on the shorter range debuff role. The BS could apply armor debuff and spam plink then hopefully Finish em Off. Although a QS SH assisting a sorc is actually much better if you have other group support. That 100% uptime on heal debuff is amazing. I agree that Plink and Lots o' Arrers worked great through T3. It kind of surprised me how much more effort SH requires in T4.
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

zulnam

Post#18 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:44 pm

porkstar wrote:
zulnam wrote: quote for notification
One last question: The Da Waaagh Iz Strong tactic, that raises DoT timers. I've seen some people take it, though for the life of me can't see why. Does it simply increases the timer and split the damage per tick or does each new tick comes with it's own damage? I understand the former so I can't see why it would be useful.

Ads
Ugle

Post#19 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:51 pm

On live it added dmg as well. Can't say for ROR, but there is lots of other better tactics anyways :)
inactive

Stinkyweed

Post#20 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 pm

Keep sieges are when full BS build is fun on RoR, otherwise it's too stationary...and order <3 stationary herders.
AimQuick is great for burst potential, but AP regen/usage here makes it almost unplayable without the 35% reduction in AP cost tactic (needed for full BS build).

I will slot DaWaagh is Strong at times for solo roaming for long snare; DaWaagh is Strong, ShootWifWind, RunAway, WazzatBehindYou....but not often.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo