Recent Topics

Ads

tank KB cd proportional to the duration.

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
footpatrol2

Re: tank KB cd proportional to the duration.

Post#41 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:59 am

Spoiler:
You want to normalize the punt? Man, can we please keep some uniqueness.
Read the forum rules - Penril.

Ads
Tesq

Post#42 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:33 am

now a uniqueness in the KB it's very poor, also a radical solution for me would be remove the KB from both chosen and kobs and then apply the change as i said for the short KB to be usable every 5 sec

Most of ppl would had not agree with this solution and it would had been hardly justified and could had hardly reached a consensus, because "reasons" so no tactic remove. Then the only way to make things differents but also balanced it's introduces a standartisation (which btw no other tank have access to since the IB/BG punt will remain the same, bo have no st punt unless spec a tactic which anyway these skills influenced still have the same CD as before and sm have no st punt) the chosen /Kobs would be a bit more unique in that sense but because "balance" let's say they will still have acces to the tactic. the real change is more on the CD which will be equal and proportional between all tanks, and the short KB made viable.

The rebalance of the lengh and weigh can simple be done by any dev, you can still make it unique but better balanced in term of remove 1 char from the battle

Luuca

Post#43 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:50 pm

Tesq wrote:TThe main problem with tank KB and CD it's that kobs/chosen have a tactic which make irrellevant one of the best feature of IB/BG rendering these 2 tank obsolete.
With the recent changes to both morale gain and the rework of the BG SKill Trees, I think this change is becoming less and less necessary. That said, the IB punt, or lack of a viale punt when entering combat "cold" and without grudge similar to that of the BG, is still an issue of sorts.

IMO if you want to equalize the two types of punts;

KotBS and Chosen: Ready at any time
IB and BG: Ready after resource build up

If you want to balance these, then the Punt from a resource build up should be much better than one from an always available ability.

In other words, make the IB and BG punt scale with resource (Hate/Grudge) in so much as the more resources are available, the further it punts the target, the less easily the ability is to defend, and the shorter the cooldown. This, of course would "cost" resources to do, but it would make these punts more attractive to groups.

The KotBS and Chosen punts, because they are ready as needed (off cd of course), should be standardized somewhere between the base Chosen (non-tactic) punt and the base KotBS punt (if they are indeed different lengths and cds) and remove the "super punt" tacts from Kotbs and Chosen.

This would bring a unique utility to the IB and BG class, fit in with their resource mechanics, while at the same time not hitting the two best tanks in game with any less utility but a shorter, un-improvable punt.

warislove

Post#44 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:29 pm

super punts serve a purpose of removing a pressure form a target you guard, when i get punted by BG i fly across half a map same goes for IB=they work fine.

SM and BO punt is the worst for two reasons: they are AoE and give free immunity and often render super punts useless, secondly the punt length is way short, u can get dpsing back on ur target in no time.

i would rather like that BO/SM get a bit longer punts while keeping them AoE

Penril

Post#45 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:32 pm

warislove wrote:super punts serve a purpose of removing a pressure form a target you guard, when i get punted by BG i fly across half a map same goes for IB=they work fine.

SM and BO punt is the worst for two reasons: they are AoE and give free immunity and often render super punts useless, secondly the punt length is way short, u can get dpsing back on ur target in no time.

i would rather like that BO/SM get a bit longer punts while keeping them AoE
BO/SM punts are awesome. The problem is most people use them incorrectly.

If you try to use it to separate a tank from his guarded ally, you will fail and just give free immunities to everyone. However, if a melee train is focusing an ally and force him to kite, a well placed AoE punt will give him time to escape.

Karast

Post#46 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Part of the issue with super punts that was touched in the original post is that from a power perspective the super punt tactics are simply too powerful.

Not only do they drastically increase the range of the knock back, but also lower the cool down. Both hastened dismissal on chosen, and banish darkness are incredibly powerful tactics, and as such they are pretty much must slot.

For such an overwhelmingly power tactic there is no drawback to it's use.

What if in addition to looking at the CC immunity duration if another condition was added to provide more of a drawback to their use.

For example what if these tactics required a greatweapon?

warislove

Post#47 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Well i have to use tactic slot to have super punt as kotbs so that is a drawback. Greatweapon to have access to superpunt? Sorry that doesnt make much sense

Tesq

Post#48 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:05 pm

guys dont use the bg mid re-arrange as a point against this proposall, the bg still need a lot of work on it, the durability of the BG is probably the worst of all tanks even more if you consider that the aoe utility is all work better and some part require 2h.

1-the tactic of the chosen/kobs not only give something more to these classes,
2- they have a better CD (10 vs 20 sec on bg only)
3-a better punt ( ye vs IB only unless BG have not full hate which drop down so fast it's really hard).

the ib and the BG even now are nowhere near in term of utility or be able to use efficently that utility as chosen/kobs are.
Active tanks need more GCD to do what passive tanks like kobs/chosen/bo/sm done (yes bo,sm too since their stat steal allow some tactic like def channeling and still proc stat steal while and/or also their def take very little to build and they can keep focus on other stuff).
The bg is even now the worst of all tanks, worst in damage reduction, worst in GCD handle, worst in the handling of hate pool compared to the IB etc. Not gona make another BG thread here and now but if even theses changes will be approve, they will be far to put BG on par with all other tanks.
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

Ads
warislove

Post#49 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:12 pm

BG has a great punt, i dont see how he is an underdog in punt game+he doesnt have to use tactic slot for it.

7rere7

Post#50 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:24 pm

IB / Blackguard already have sorta special knockdown , I don't think they should have super punt availability to them,I think a normal single target punt is fine.
What needs fixing is the knockdown conditions, specially when kd maximized needs 100 grudges or hate.
The overtime damage kd for the IB ,(requires block) is lame when damage is insignificant using a shield.
IB/BG super punt with either one/two handed weapon , requiring block or parry .

Kotbs/Chosen :Super punt
IB/BG :normal punt with special knockdown
SM/BO : Aoe punt