Recent Topics

Ads

[Mara] Deadly Clutch

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
roadkillrobin

Re: Deadly Clutch

Post#71 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:30 pm

1st As far as I remember Mara always had these debuffs. Even when they were cinsidered the worst class in the game. The changes that brought em on top had to do with Mutations stances and Brutallity abillities.

2nd. Overlapping debuffs doesn't make another class obsolete. Overlapping debuffs from different sources actually increases the liklyhood that a target have a specific debuff on them due to cleansing. Overlapping buffs on the other hand is a completly different story.

The problem with Mara is clearly the abilliy to put out burst damage while same time have acess to the weakning debuff. The easy and boring fix for this would be some kinda Stance lock.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#72 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Stance lock would wreck mara. Also would make it very unfun to play, since proper stance dancing is one of the things that separates good mara from bad mara. Even if it isn't that hard, it's easy to tell which maras do it at the right time and which dont. Not sure any mmo needs the already somewhat low skill ceiling lowered further.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Penril

Post#73 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:36 pm

We are not discussing Stance lock. Stay on topic (check the issues raised in the thread) or don't post at all.

Vandoles

Post#74 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:38 pm

Sorry, discussion went in a different direction than I intended (a rework on deadly clutch being considered together with a slight change of brutality). I'll save it for the future, if this goes through and maras need some minor buff. Apologies for the derailing. All I have to say on the subject of a deadly clutch nerf, specifically, is it seems to me maras would be very limited in their choices if it did get a nerf.

Penril

Post#75 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:22 pm

Time to lock.