Recent Topics

Ads

In the future, will we still be allowed to have one destro one order?

Let's talk about... everything else
Tturpa

Re: In the future, will we still be allowed to have one destro one order?

Post#31 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:54 am

A complete lockout for either faction would have worked if it was implemented from the start of Ror but not anymore at this point of game, it would only harm you atm, even a week long lockout seem abit harsh to me. Instead i see a 12h or 24h lockout would work much better.

And no, no one cares about anyone who need to check their ah on other faction, atleast i don't.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#32 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:30 am

wargrimnir wrote:We haven't come to an internal consensus on what the lockout will be specifically, but the dev working on it was leaning on a week lockout for the realm.
I don't think a week lockout is a sustaineble sollution. I actually think its more damaging then anything. Understanding the reason to why people Xrealming is key here. Im no expert in human behaviour but there are two main reason why people Xrealm. 1: Players who wants easy rewards 2: Players who gets bored when their side is dominating heavily and perfer fighting over Zerging. One of these types of Xrealmers(2) is actually equalizing the RVR and does something that makes the game a better experience for both realms while the other type of Xrealmer is just trying to leech (1) rewards. The chance that both these types of Xrealmers will just stop playing if they can't change realm is really really high. So my proposal is: If a player changes realm they will log in with a debuff that makes bag and loot rolls automaticly roll 1 and renown gain reduced to 1% for the first hour. 2 and 2% for the second hour etz. 100 hours later the debuff is cleared. This way Xrealmer 2 can uitilize AAO to reduce the renown debuff without stealing loot they didn't inherently work for but its also an incentive to stick to your mains while the Xrealmer 1 is just punished.

Buran

Post#33 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:34 pm

i think the main problem is that people cann't and do not want to lose. They want to win all the time, and trying to make them give up is a failure. But the only way to give them more for the loss. if you can't beat them, join them, otherwise ignore them.

Organised War Bands are more stable in fighting. I think this is the right way to encourage them to fight.

Rebuke

Post#34 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Forcing realmlocks is not the answer, forcing people to play in coordinated warbands/groups is.

Poka Yoke; simply make it so that people that are not in warbands/groups with decent* composition gain zero rewards renown inf and exp in oRvR.

*Any group with 3 or more people in it needs at least 1 tank 1 damage dealer and 1 healer.

dur3al

Post#35 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:23 pm

Londo wrote:Both Aza and I are strong believers in complete faction lock with no timers. Switching to other side would only be allowed if characters are deleted (Same as live first 2.5 years). Things are in motion to make this happen sometime in the future.

I know this will not be popular decision. Before we can add more depth to orvr campaign (forts and cities) we have to restore realm pride and make it a true rvr game. Realm progression should be just as important as character progression.
This is really. Really. Really stupid.

1) What will happen with people who invested time and effort to characters in both sides? Just get them deleted and a big middle finger? You'll surely lose population, me included.

2) How will this help balance the oRvR? Literally every single live Mythic server was unbalanced in oRvR with one faction dominating the other for huge periods of time. It had nothing to do with x-realming, it is because this game only has 2 factions - hence newer games such as GW2 implemented a 3 faction system in which creates an unbalance between the factions making it possible to always tip the balance - unless one of the factions was as strong as the other 2 combined.

3) Forts and cities and whatever else you can trow at us is not depth - its just things to do to get your loot (which is character progression only). Please remind me the only reason people did city sieges, most of the time trying to find empty instances (since they were stupidly unbalanced fights anyway) was to farm sovereign gear, again - character progression. And once people had their sovereign they would most likely skip city sieges altogether since they did not need anything in there. Karak-Norn was exactly that with the already geared rr100 guild/groups, they would actually take the city siege time to take a break and wait for zones to unlock again in order to roam and find fights.

4) What is Realm progression? Please care to explain to me because I've never seen it in this game with any of the implemented oRvR systems the game had (except maybe with the old VP system). As I explained in this thread: Changelog 02/11/16. There is absolutely no reason for communicating in the zone (no coordination, no realm pride) if the oRvR system ends in a funnel at the keep. You must have several parallel objectives for locking a zone, but with lock timers on BOs you can just go for one to another in a huge zerg ball - dismantling any sort of effort done by the opposing side.
Realm progression would be a sort-of stacking buff the more zones or keeps you capture the more <insert something> you stack - and this is even more bad because it basically promotes zerging even further, making the dominating side even more dominating.

5) Not going into details here but the recent balance changes are furthering pushing the game to be more and more ranged focused, latest changes with engi/magus also pushed this when all they needed was to be able to dps on the move like all other rdps out there (should've just made them gain stacks much faster so they could kite and dps like any other rdps out there) but instead, currently they're living cannons now, who hit you from silly distances - all but strengthening range dps, especially in oRvR. You don't need to be a genius to know which side will have the higher population and domination in this meta when you consider how much stronger one side is over the other with and against ranged comps.
And it seems all the oRvR "content" is: Keeps/Forts/City I don't need to explain that this will also focus fights where ranged is more beneficial than everything else.

Simple solution for x-realming for easy loot/rewards is described by Svarz in this thread, or just simple add a locker for 3h or so.
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

Jaycub

Post#36 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:33 pm

About realm pride, I don't see it ever being restored. Every single person I play with or know on this server with the exception of a guild or two and roleplayers who are zealously dedicated to one side care only for themselves, their guild, and possibly their alliance.

Locking realms, won't change this. I personally will still only care for my guild and myself performance and pride wise.

If realm pride is to be restored, it has to be done through other methods of which I can't say because I can't personally wrap my head around how I would care about a particular realm like say an american loves a particular football team or how you would root for you college team.

If perma realm lockouts are being implemented mostly or solely to foster realm pride I think you should reconsider.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Gnarlimus

Post#37 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:03 pm

Love the idea londo. i agree with roadkills post too. the two kinds of xrealmers is a fine analogy.

I have seen this in action MANY times, when we have taken out our warband, everyone just comes to phalanx for free rewards. because order at the time just straight up refused to organise, pug warband or two would come out against us get rekt then log destro. BIG shout outs to the legion of boom back then for not being pussies and playing against us <3. this is why we ended up making phalanx 2 and screwing around on order for awhile, boredom. because we were sick of putting in effort for our enemies to just give up, and join us.

thats not a war guys, that just makes you selfish plebs(all the guys who are silent on the server im looking at you plebs!). and the more of them that leave the better! bring on a week lockout!

descent/structure

Jaycub

Post#38 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:14 pm

The rewards for zerging are awful tho, and the reason why guilds like LoB fight on the underdog side is because they can farm the warbands/pugs with AAO and make an absolute killing RR wise.

Rewards for taking keeps are awful, and rewards for zone flips are as well if you aren't getting good contribution (if you arent in a good 6 man, solo class, or organized WB you are SoL).

I don't understand this meme where people think players are joining the zerg side, I just don't see what they get out of it. I have a feeling people just give up and do scenarios or log off, not switch to get a pitiful rr tick and 1 in 200 chance at a bag.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Gnarlimus

Post#39 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:19 pm

jay they join the zerg side believe me, i see your logic, the rewards are terrible. but they STILL do it. winning > loosing in the eyes of a fool. like you said aao can make you way more gains than the xrealm.

doesnt matter to me, LoB held their own, thats what counts!
they were the only order standing against us, the rest of you were in our ranks,

descent/structure

dur3al

Post#40 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:23 pm

And then we've posts like this:
Natherul wrote:What I am looking for is an individual that has a very high skill level in regards to mechanics, acronyms used and that does not exclusively play one faction (this as I want to have unbiased opinions brought forth to me).
Londo wrote:Both Aza and I are strong believers in complete faction lock with no timers. Switching to other side would only be allowed if characters are deleted (Same as live first 2.5 years).
For Devs/GMs looking for experienced players who play both factions while at the same time planning to lock factions changing.

I'm really wondering how the balance forums will look like when people are locked into their realm, there will only be people calling for buffs on the side they play in - without any actual constructive feedback.

Logic != Logic
Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz