Recent Topics

Ads

War Stories With Karisanna

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Martok

Re: War Stories With Karisanna

Post#111 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:28 am

And now for something completely different:

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Martok

Post#112 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:42 pm

Yesterday was a good day in game. We flipped two zones and I had the pleasure of running in a premade group headed by one of the best Warrior Priest on the server. All of the group members were quite excellent, and not only did I have blast running with them it was fun and educational. I wanted them to know how much I appreciated the opportunity, therefore I am posting a couple of videos recorded as the night progressed.

Recently someone posted a thread here hawking the wonders of Discord. Given I am most used to pugging everything I hadn't bothered to download the program, but Tion talked me into it and these fights also represent my first foray into game chat. As an anecdote when I first logged into Discord I joined the wrong channel, finding myself with a group of Destruction players telling me to kill Noxious, one of my own party members. When I told them who I was looking for they had a message for me to deliver to Ranker, something about every other word ending in boi...

Up first Six v. Six action in Caledor Woods followed by action in the Reikland Factory. Mild Content Warning, as during the fight a few colorful metaphors are employed.

Another segment from the conflict in Caledor and a couple of Scenarios while running with Ranker Incorporated. Posted to honor both the play of the group and the individual efforts of Noxious, Continuity, Lekaru, and Golactiko. Sounds like a law firm.

Have you been hurt by some despicable Zealot or scummy Black Orc? Call the Hurt Firm now...

One other quick note. Viewers of my videos may have noticed over time the fact I rarely take the offer of a rez in any scenario. This video illustrates why.

I also recorded the Keep Defense in Caledor during which we turned back the forces of Destruction three times before going on the attack. However that video is fifty minutes long, so unless someone specifically ask I probably won't post it.

Running in this premade was great fun, and my thanks to all concerned.

Martok

Post#113 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 am

Posting this video because my sense is it represents the type of action the Developers had in mind when they instituted the new Beast Lord Lair system. Action in Kadrin Valley while attempting to take down that icon of twisted pleasure and perverted passion.

Martok

Post#114 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:00 am

I did it. I finally did it.

This represents my initial foray into video editing. As a first effort the result isn't perfect, the opening segment featuring the fight against Chopmaster I cut a bit long and the first couple of transitions too short. However the editing improves as the video progresses and the result I feel is certainly worthwhile. At least in my humble opinion. Edited using Shotcut, a program freely available online.

A number of different types of fights are represented, including five or six One v. One's and assorted large and small group actions. All but one of the segments have never been posted before, the exception being the final battle in Praag which I decided to include because it was such a great fight. The two segments recorded in the Chaos Waste featuring Combustion, Amidala, Arthur, and the pre-made we were running were recorded earlier today. That battle at the Statue objective was intense.

As full disclosure the segment recorded in Reikland at the Reikwatch Objective I edited too short. I did get killed as the forces of Destruction overran the objective and I meant to leave that in.

As always thanks for watching and I hope you enjoy the video. Respect to all my worthy opponents and gratitude to the Order community at large. As a result of this achievement future videos will follow the same format, meaning in all probability I will post less frequently but more effectively.

Music and music mixes by various artist, to include Matt Lange, Sima Deep, Deep Shepherd, NightStar and others. I suppose I may have to post a complete listing in the Youtube link.

Last edited by Martok on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martok

Post#115 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:52 am

Producing and posting this cleans out the backlog of videos I was storing because they contained moments I felt worth watching but not worth posting the entire video to see. Again a varied series of fights to include One v. Ones and fierce group melees.

For the Destruction side of the house there are segments recorded while running with the Horde. And a surprise at the end.

As always thanks for watching, and future videos will follow only after I collect enough useful material to justify making one.

Music by various artist, to include Goldfrapp, Phaxe, The Crystal Method, Sima Deep, Deep Shepherd, and more. Some music used with permission but all music remains the property of its owners and is used for entertainment purposes only.

Last edited by Martok on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Martok

Post#116 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:46 am

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The original version of this video has been deleted. The re-edited version now appears and will hopefully be available for viewing for all who wish to do so. I also edited the final portion of the original video, during which someone made a crude and ignorant comment in regard to Amidala. For the life of me I don't know how I missed that during the first edit. Regardless, as always thanks for watching.

Some context for this video is required. What is shown is a series of fights in Eataine which took place in the sequence displayed. The initial portion features some solo activity followed by an attempt by Order to take the Destruction Keep. That fails, after which Destruction rallies to attack our keep. At this point the action takes an unusual turn.

The forces of Destruction are successful in driving us from the Lord's Room and our Keep. We then rally to counter-attack. That portion of the video reflects all the earmarks of Order attacking a Destruction Keep, but in actuality we are defending our Keep by having to attack it and drive the forces of Destruction from the Lord's Room, all while they are trying to kill the Keep Lord.

Interesting fight, both different and fun.

In addition I experimented a bit with the video editing. I hope you enjoy the result.

Movie and Television clips from "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Family Guy," "The Simpsons," "Goldmember," "Aliens," "Pulp Fiction," and "The Avengers." All material remains the property of its various owners and is used under the Fair Use clause of the Copyright Act.

Music Mix by NightStar from "Progressive Trance Mix 2016" and "Progressive Trance Mix 2015," all rights reserved, and used for entertainment purposes only.

Last edited by Martok on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Amidala
Former Staff

Post#117 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:55 am

Wonderful composition!

Princess Amidala Estellanor

--Tilean Warlords--Amidala AM-Drafalgar SM
--Hammer Kult--Amidalina ZE

charlysixb

Post#118 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:25 am

Cant see last video Adventures in Eataine 8(
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

Ads
Pumatouch

Post#119 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:10 pm

Martok wrote: Movie and Television clips from "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," "Family Guy," "The Simpsons," "Goldmember," "Aliens," "Pulp Fiction," and "Braveheart." All material remains the property of its various owners and is used under the Fair Use clause of the Copyright Act.
Like lawyers care :D Your video can't be watched as it is.
Arthur - Slarti - Halgal - Binwin
Each and every Dawi under my command owes me one hundred scalps.
And I want my scalps.

Martok

Post#120 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:30 pm

Amidala wrote:Wonderful composition!
Thank you, Amidala.

For those who can't see the video, my guess is some form of regional restriction. It is still up on Youtube and I can access it from my Kindle. Idk, perhaps I am missing the legal nuance between someone posting an entire movie on Youtube only broken into segments and my use of twenty to thirty seconds of a clip. One would think those concerned would be more concerned about their entire movie posted for free viewing.