Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman T4 advice/question

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lektroluv
Suspended

Re: Shaman T4 advice/question

Post#11 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:00 pm

catholicism198 wrote:
Lektroluv wrote:
Spoiler:
My advice for WH:

1-Stack enough Wounds untill you reach enough amount for surive initial burst after KD, and give other healers enough time of reaction.

2-Lower your posibility of suffer critical damage as much as posible, because it is one of theyr main reasons for scale the burst.

3-Buy Cleansing Winds for remove any dot, snare, or the ability which make you damage yourself on the run, once you wake up from knowdown.

4-Buy Resolute Defense for avoid beign snared once you start run from him.

5-Equip Run Away tactic for speed procs and get enough distance while range damage dealers, do theyr work.

6-Detaunt them as fast as you can betwen this steps... sometimes you will be allowed sooner or later, depending on the people surronding around you.

7-Last suggestion is optional, equip the other Gobbo racial tactic which can proca 25% autodetaunt when someone attack you, but stacking wounds and following the other suggestions, your chances of survive really go hight enough.

White lion could follow same example as the one i provide with WH, but the lion pet can outrun you... it will not Snare you or Knowdown you, if you using Resolute Defense, and the white lion if it is not in premade will not follow you into the dangerous zone.
So basically get rr500 and an extra tactic slot.

I'll second Cleansing Winds...cleansing winds is the most reliable way to remove burn away the lies and their healing debuff.
Although I'm on the fence about Resolute Defense...it should be helpful against WLs but it's virtually useless against WHs as they tend to stun you right after they pop from stealth.

That said..........both are a waste of renown points if you're also playing SCs.
Thankfully resetting renown points is free.

Maybe it is a very restrictive build, and need hight renow but is working for me, i don't wanna recover from knowdown start run out of the witch hunter mele range and beign snared by theyr more reliable range snare.
So i think resolute defense is very necesary for witch hunters too, at least for the good ones.

Ads
porkstar

Post#12 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:36 pm

Thayli wrote: If you play a couple of hours a day, you can get your Anni/Merc set in a week or so.
What times do you play? Is it truly possible to get appx 400 medals in 14-21 hours in pug WB and loosely grouping with others or do you mean running in zerg mashing premade? I play NA evenings so RvR is on life support by that time (I don't want to derail the thread but I seriously would consider taking a week off work =P)
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

porkstar

Post#13 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:01 pm

The comments are very informative. Basically get as tanky as possible with armor, tou, wou, get chance to be crit to zero, experiment with renown abilities to see what works for you, keep moving etc.

See I've been trying to be all slick with high int, crit etc. In perfect conditions, I can do killer dmg and decent heals too but if I get one life-tap disrupted or focused by 75 WL, its over.
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

Stinkyweed

Post#14 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:41 pm

porkstar wrote:The comments are very informative. Basically get as tanky as possible with armor, tou, wou, get chance to be crit to zero, experiment with renown abilities to see what works for you, keep moving etc.

See I've been trying to be all slick with high int, crit etc. In perfect conditions, I can do killer dmg and decent heals too but if I get one life-tap disrupted or focused by 75 WL, its over.
Been PUG sc'ing the last few nights against the inverted tag team wonder twin WLs and it's been painful...but it's the only way to learn I guess. Slapboy and Tunneltaker been hurtin' ma'gobbo hole.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

porkstar

Post#15 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:17 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:
porkstar wrote:The comments are very informative. Basically get as tanky as possible with armor, tou, wou, get chance to be crit to zero, experiment with renown abilities to see what works for you, keep moving etc.

Been PUG sc'ing the last few nights against the inverted tag team wonder twin WLs and it's been painful...but it's the only way to learn I guess. Slapboy and Tunneltaker been hurtin' ma'gobbo hole.
Jesus Christ! There's more than one legit WL tag team duo? I've been getting Rofl'd by a whole different set of wonder twins... Looks kinda fun tho
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

Stinkyweed

Post#16 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Same duo, i just changed their names so I am not naming people on the boards...to avoid bannable offenses.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

porkstar

Post#17 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:Same duo, i just changed their names so I am not naming people on the boards...to avoid bannable offenses.
Hence Slapboy and Tunneltaker. Ok I'm slow today. If they ever do nerf armor stacking, I think I will have to quote Malcolm Reynolds, "Come a day there won't be room for naughty men (people) like us to slip about at all."
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

Aurandilaz

Post#18 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:09 am

Another tip, if you feel like some certain enemy dps is always coming for your tiny green butt, use Enemy addon to put colour markers on them. Hopefully they stick long enough, which allows you to keep track of their movement, or better yet, keep them on Detaunt most of the time.
Back on Norn I'd have a good list of all the enemy DPS whom I knew were running in premades and who I knew would be focusing me.

As for my current renown spec on shaman:
15 healcrit
20 in disrupt (I hate you Brighties)
5 in Futile Strikes

throw extas in toughness, wounds, etc.
For more healing output I'd consider maxing healcrit as high as possible. (crits do matter)
Recent new possibility is speccing for Quick Escape, enabling you to drop RunAway and choosing some other juicy tactic.

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#19 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:52 pm

All excellent advice. Unfortunately, I already actively do most if not all of this, so I suppose I can chalk it up to being underleveled and hence undergeared.

No big deal. It's just a jarring change going from T3 where your nigh invincible to anything less than zerging, to the massacre that awaits you at the start of T4.

Speaking of T3, and a little off topic, what are the best debolster equips for T2/T3? I know T3 is locked at 28.

- what level is the Mayhem set? What bonuses does it offer?
-I saw Stalker, but unfortunately it seems the armor is lv. 30. Decimator also hits 29 for the head and body.

Just curious. Sounds like it may be fun to do on the side sometimes when T4 gets overly frustrating.

Edit: Is a full healing Mork Shaman any good? I really enjoy Da Green, but I'm finding it sometimes frustrating when my ITT gets blocked/ disrupted or hell, absorbed.

shaggyboomboom

Post#20 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:01 pm

CeeJay89 wrote:All excellent advice. Unfortunately, I already actively do most if not all of this, so I suppose I can chalk it up to being underleveled and hence undergeared.

No big deal. It's just a jarring change going from T3 where your nigh invincible to anything less than zerging, to the massacre that awaits you at the start of T4.

Speaking of T3, and a little off topic, what are the best debolster equips for T2/T3? I know T3 is locked at 28.

- what level is the Mayhem set? What bonuses does it offer?
-I saw Stalker, but unfortunately it seems the armor is lv. 30. Decimator also hits 29 for the head and body.

Just curious. Sounds like it may be fun to do on the side sometimes when T4 gets overly frustrating.

Edit: Is a full healing Mork Shaman any good? I really enjoy Da Green, but I'm finding it sometimes frustrating when my ITT gets blocked/ disrupted or hell, absorbed.
If ITT gets blocked/disrupted, try just targeting MDPS. AFAIK ITT/BE bypass absorbs.