Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Suggest a grenade build

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: [Engineer] Suggest a grenade build

Post#11 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:53 pm

If you're going for a grenades-heavy build, ditch WS, focus purely on BS and crit.

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#12 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:02 pm

If u run grenade and and most dmg what you do is corporal dmg ws helps Just for Auto attack and one dot. So it dont makes sense
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Karast

Post#13 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Even for rifle WS is a junk stat. It is 100% junk. Just ignore it. If you get it from armor pieces and set bonuses fine, but it is not worth running the tactic, using tali's, or wasting renown on it.

It just doesn't give any bang for your buck at all.

As for grenade builds. A lot of people like to go rifle / grenade but you might try out something like this

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=eng ... :3646:3656:

At lower ranks drop Napalm and grab keg. You can also trade throwing arm for clever recovery in groups and play it more melee with support. Firebomb can do great damage if you rock 35% + crit, which with tracer rounds, full anni, and renown you can do easily.

The weak point of the build is AP, and being more midranged. It takes a bit to adjust to, its a very different style than rifle. Grenade turret helps a lot, and if you have an IB or knight or RP supplying you with AP it is a godsend.

The rotation is acid bomb then firebomb. Frag is optional as are the rifle dots. I toss em up when things are out of range, but I try to conserve AP. In melee I drop firction burn as much as possible. If you get acid / incend / friction burn up and then hammer with FB stuff will die. Don't forget flashbang as a spiking tool. With M2 it crits hard.

The key thing to remember though is conserve AP. Avoid rifle abilities, and stick to FB.

xanderous

Post#14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Karast wrote:Even for rifle WS is a junk stat. It is 100% junk. Just ignore it. If you get it from armor pieces and set bonuses fine, but it is not worth running the tactic, using tali's, or wasting renown on it.

As for grenade builds. A lot of people like to go rifle / grenade but you might try out something like this

At lower ranks drop Napalm and grab keg. You can also trade throwing arm for clever recovery in groups and play it more melee with support. Firebomb can do great damage if you rock 35% + crit, which with tracer rounds, full anni, and renown you can do easily.

The weak point of the build is AP, and being more midranged. It takes a bit to adjust to, its a very different style than rifle. Grenade turret helps a lot, and if you have an IB or knight or RP supplying you with AP it is a godsend.

The rotation is acid bomb then firebomb. Frag is optional as are the rifle dots. I toss em up when things are out of range, but I try to conserve AP. In melee I drop firction burn as much as possible. If you get acid / incend / friction burn up and then hammer with FB stuff will die. Don't forget flashbang as a spiking tool. With M2 it crits hard.

The key thing to remember though is conserve AP. Avoid rifle abilities, and stick to FB.
Interesting build but you missed out a few things like why do you have lightning rod and also what do you think of sticky bombs?

Also in regards to this build what set pieces, talismans and renown distribution would you recommend?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Karast

Post#15 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:05 pm

xanderous wrote:
Karast wrote:Even for rifle WS is a junk stat. It is 100% junk. Just ignore it. If you get it from armor pieces and set bonuses fine, but it is not worth running the tactic, using tali's, or wasting renown on it.

Interesting build but you missed out a few things like why do you have lightning rod and also what do you think of sticky bombs?

Also in regards to this build what set pieces, talismans and renown distribution would you recommend?
Lightning rod is simply great dps. it is a good ability and with M2 it hurts. It is great for closer fights when enemies are tightly packed.

I avoid stickybombs. The damage is very low, but can be useful as an instant. I do not like using AP on it, so I don't spec it.

For talis BS is the way to go and renown all crit then dodge disrupt is my recommendation. Crit is #1.

xanderous

Post#16 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:22 pm

Karast wrote:
xanderous wrote:

Lightning rod is simply great dps. it is a good ability and with M2 it hurts. It is great for closer fights when enemies are tightly packed.

I avoid stickybombs. The damage is very low, but can be useful as an instant. I do not like using AP on it, so I don't spec it.

For talis BS is the way to go and renown all crit then dodge disrupt is my recommendation. Crit is #1.
What are you using to buff your defences, sounds like your build is squishy close range bombardier that has its flaws by getting one shot by anyone it gets near, would not stacking at least armour talismans be more efficient or do you always typically run with someone giving you guard?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Karast

Post#17 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:01 pm

xanderous wrote:
Karast wrote:
xanderous wrote:

What are you using to buff your defences, sounds like your build is squishy close range bombardier that has its flaws by getting one shot by anyone it gets near, would not stacking at least armour talismans be more efficient or do you always typically run with someone giving you guard?
This is a group build but with good positioning and use of gun turret you can also do ST from range when you lack support.

NSKaneda

Post#18 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Well, I did some simple testing in scs today, exchanging 200WS for 200BS. My overall dps dropped down by average 75-150 dmg on sticky bomb, acid bomb, firebomb, frag granade, incendiary rounds, flare and napalm (all of those corp dmg btw). Noticed slightly more dmg on cloth targets (by ca +50-80 dmg), medium and heavy armour decreased.
Higher crit dmg value by +80-100 on cloth/light, same on medium, decreased on heavy.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Karast

Post#19 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:13 pm

NSKaneda wrote:Well, I did some simple testing in scs today, exchanging 200WS for 200BS. My overall dps dropped down by average 75-150 dmg on sticky bomb, acid bomb, firebomb, frag granade, incendiary rounds, flare and napalm (all of those corp dmg btw). Noticed slightly more dmg on cloth targets (by ca +50-80 dmg), medium and heavy armour decreased.
Higher crit dmg value by +80-100 on cloth/light, same on medium, decreased on heavy.
I have maxed out WS at 740 with full talis / renown and the increase from the extra penetration is minor at best. It does a lot for squishies like SH / Sorc / WE but does not to nothing for tanks, and you have to give up a lot of crit, bs, toughness, and dodge / disrupt to do it.

You will see more damage off of 60BS than 120WS even with physical abilities. WS is just not good for stacking, not that I am saying ignore it, but if you have BL for the set bonus, maybe the tactic, and then a buff from an IB that is enough. You just benefit so much more from going BS with talis and crit with renown. You don't have the points to do everything, and 2-3% damage is not really worth having negative toughness, and low dodge / disrupt.

NSKaneda

Post#20 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:46 pm

I went 2 anni / 2 merc / 4 BL for bonuses ;) All renown in crit + ddefender for those 4 odd ones.

I will test some more :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *