Recent Topics

Ads

Killing blow rewarded in RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Gerv
Banned

Re: Killing blow rewarded in RvR

Post#11 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 pm

It's an interesting point of view. I believe the pvp environment is about creating a supportive group environment. Within one, you minimise the impact of solo'ers and kill stealers by providing the best environment for your dps players to get the kills because you have 4 sources of damage and the dps classes can prioritise getting kbs with moral or hard hitting abilities like gilotiene (sp) and cull the weak for example.

How do you propose the game track tanking and healing stats that contribute to the death of a player so that those archtypes could be better compensated in terms of rewards?
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
kryss

Post#12 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Acidic wrote:To a degree I agree but reality is in my opinion the introduction of the killing blow mechanism into rvr goes against the stated balance model. Azarel (excuse probable spelling error) stated balance is not 1v1 or party v party however the killing blow is now moving reward directly in this direction and away from the discussion of utility etc
I find it funny, you speak about soloers getting killsteals and I actually can't count the parties and even the entire wbs that run to try and kill my 3% hp target :)

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#13 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Well at least If u are solo on the way u have much more risk to get killed than a 6 - 24 grp and the kill stealing is rly not that easy like ppl say all The time. If a grp attack Another grp and one Enemy is unter Focus the chance that a solo Player get The DB is much lower than The chance that The grp get it. If we talk about farming pugs in orvr well i think noone should get some reward for IT
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Acidic

Post#14 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:01 am

Gerv wrote:It's an interesting point of view. I believe the pvp environment is about creating a supportive group environment. Within one, you minimise the impact of solo'ers and kill stealers by providing the best environment for your dps players to get the kills because you have 4 sources of damage and the dps classes can prioritise getting kbs with moral or hard hitting abilities like gilotiene (sp) and cull the weak for example.

How do you propose the game track tanking and healing stats that contribute to the death of a player so that those archtypes could be better compensated in terms of rewards?
I would suggest that the killing blow mechanism should remain in the PVE realm and not be taken into the RVR realm as a start.
PVE is about solo and group rewards and is quite ok with this mechanic .
Once killing blows is made the only decider in conq drops it is a clear move to favor dps classes and lower ability of healers and tanks to control their destiny.
The previous model for officer medallions based on killing quests provided a means by which both healers and dps could affect their own destiny (not played tank so can not truly say how it worked for them) .
I would suggest replace the loot drop and make the medallions reward from killing quests

areanda

Post#15 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 am

This is a hard subject but on average if u would do it on killquest would work cause in a group u kill more and faster meaning u complete the quest faster. .. but then make it big kill quest like 200 players kill rewards 20 medals if its low u would have to constantly run back wich ruins the orvr or do 500 kills for 40. Might work and reduce solo rdps and more teamplay. . Thing is people will Just 1 hit persons to get the contributien then its deciding between 2 evils.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#16 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:04 am

The idea of the kill quest isnt that Bad But every Single Player that are involved with The kill get a reward so in my eyes solo Player with aoe abilitys can leech much easyier and more like they can do it now.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Acidic

Post#17 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:35 am

double post
Last edited by Acidic on Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acidic

Post#18 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:35 am

Yes there is a issue around which poison to take. The current killing blow or the old reward model of kill quests. Both have different side effects.
killing blow favors 1v1 and dps centric small groups while kill quests is a bit more generic with tapping targets and Hotting dps being "good" ways to impact results .

The kill quest mechanic gives a better linear scaling as far as results go for an individual. Tanks healers and dps have some ways to optimize their results. The killing blow mechanism only provides for dps to effect results.

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#19 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:13 am

Acidic wrote:Yes there is a issue around which poison to take. The current killing blow or the old reward model of kill quests. Both have different side effects.
killing blow favors 1v1 and dps centric small groups while kill quests is a bit more generic with tapping targets and Hotting dps being "good" ways to impact results .

The kill quest mechanic gives a better linear scaling as far as results go for an individual. Tanks healers and dps have some ways to optimize their results. The killing blow mechanism only provides for dps to effect results.

Jep but there is one situation to think about :
System now : One wb makes 200 kills and earn for it about 50 medalions
Systym quest : One wb makes 200 kills every single player get 20 medalions = 480 emblems
so you incrase the reward to about 500%

areanda

Post#20 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:50 am

Agree wit u daknall.. then make it 500 kills 20 medals doesnt matter at least they get more then now.