Ads

Patch Notes 25/3/2017

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
flatfoot1987

Re: Patch Notes 25/3/2017

Post#51 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:11 am

Spoiler:
Maybe the devs won't agree on the part that there's a bunch of people in t2-3 who won't willingly engage in any kind of orvr for different reasons. If there's about a 100 people online in midtier that doesn't mean they have a desire to go out, organize a proper warband and capture zones. Typical pug orvr requires some consistent leaders to do the management part.

My guess is that farming mobs with scenarios inbetween is currently more time-worthy to get xp and not completely drop renown rank. I'm almost sure that the most popular mindset is to get out of t2-3 as soon as possible simply because no will to participate and this is a place to start. Bashing on alternatives isn't the way to fix things.

P.S. Here's a conspiracy theory: the devs know t2-3 is a sad place but they keep saying otherwise because they want people to focus on their mains for some reason :shock:
Surely you don't think spouting conspiracy theory is very respectful of staff. Just because I'm engaged in the conversation doesn't mean I won't drop further warnings for taking things too far.

- wargrimnir
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Ads
altharion1
Banned

Post#52 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:13 am

wargrimnir wrote:
altharion1 wrote:Seriously, you couldn't even get people to pvp outside of nordland in t1

You won't change people's attitudes towards t2/3 either.
So I should get triggered by you pointing at things that haven't worked? If you don't want to be part of the project, take it upon yourself and leave. We're pretty engaged in getting things done. You don't like it? Good. This probably isn't the place for you. There's plenty of MMO's out there where you can grind and powerlevel to your hearts content.
Youre so close minded on this subject that you're not even reading what everyone is writing. No one is asking for more powerleveling or grinding to get through t2/3.

We're asking for more drastic changes to t2/3 XP gain in orvr/scenarios. There are so many issues raised by a lot of people that make this element of the game not fun. Choosing to ignore your users feedback is extremely arrogant and contrary to almost all successful business management strategies.

You're not doing this to make a profit like standard game developers, thus you don't have the usual constraints of modern games. Your main focus is retaining current players and recruiting new players. For this to happen your game needs to be FUN. We're telling you there is a major aspect of the game that is not fun, but could be easily rectified with a few simple tweaks.
WL Althii
SM Althirion
DoK Milkmilk
BO Sizematters

Youtube Vids

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#53 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:37 pm

altharion1 wrote: No one is asking for more powerleveling or grinding to get through t2/3.
We're asking for more drastic changes to t2/3 XP gain in orvr/scenarios.
Simply powerleveling under a different context, via rvr/scens instead of grinding mobs.

...you don't have the usual constraints of modern games.
Your main focus is retaining current players and recruiting new players.
That is certainly not our main focus, not-sorry to burst your bubble. Perhaps you need to take a little walk down the "Reading the Damn Rules" section of the forum before you continue this argument.

What you accept about this project before you start playing.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17214

Guide: How an alpha server works.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

kweedko

Post#54 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:16 pm

wargrimnir wrote: That is certainly not our main focus, not-sorry to burst your bubble.
Typical ROR, first you complain that people ignored RVR and pvp in t2-t3, then we ask make to give us good rewards for this in xp to make it good way to progession through these ties, cause thats the main problem of them being dead, then you said it's wrong and grindy and not your main focus.

None of "like better influence rewards, more RvR quests, incentive to debolster, or a better condensation of the population in the lower tiers." will slove this, no one gonna go rvr pvp in dead teirs cause it's a worst way to lvling, and have no fun to gain a few progesion for a lots of time and efforts.

Only peoples who like to dominate underleveld undergeared playes like a slow progession. Slow progression is 200* years concept, wake up it's 2017 out there, we have not alot of free time as we had when we were students. Progression in ROR is far slower than it was in WAR, and you keep slowering it, that's what we don't like.

RyanMakara

Post#55 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

kweedko wrote:
wargrimnir wrote: That is certainly not our main focus, not-sorry to burst your bubble.
Typical ROR, first you complain that people ignored RVR and pvp in t2-t3, then we ask make to give us good rewards for this in xp to make it good way to progession through these ties, cause thats the main problem of them being dead, then you said it's wrong and grindy and not your main focus.

None of "like better influence rewards, more RvR quests, incentive to debolster, or a better condensation of the population in the lower tiers." will slove this, no one gonna go rvr pvp in dead teirs cause it's a worst way to lvling, and have no fun to gain a few progesion for a lots of time and efforts.

Only peoples who like to dominate underleveld undergeared playes like a slow progession. Slow progression is 200* years concept, wake up it's 2017 out there, we have not alot of free time as we had when we were students. Progression in ROR is far slower than it was in WAR, and you keep slowering it, that's what we don't like.
Right, as giving players more XP over renown is totally not going to **** them over once they get to T4. At least you're no longer asking for instant levels, instead demanding better XP rates because it would be a counter to 'slow progression'. The reason the tier is dead is because there's not enough people willing to fight each other for killquests and general lake activity, instead seeking to get to level 32 to join the rest of the high-leveled, well-geared players. If you cannot even see the merit in the suggestions I've put forth to give people a reason to fight in T2/T3 oRvR, and want to only hammer on 'quick progression' because it's 2017 and people cannot be arsed to put time and effort into a character, you are definitely missing the point of proper, all-around game design here. We will not make people skip the lower tiers just because it would make the tier 'less dead' - you'd actually bleed it dry quicker.

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#56 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Honestly.. The tier 2-3 activity is something you never will be able to solve in my opinion. People wish to play in the end game zones (T4) and that is just what it is. More and more people are avoiding the lower tiers, or some simply quit because they cant see the bigger picture in spending huge amount of hours there, getting absolutely nothing useful. I know that renown and experience is useful aka needed, but we all come to a point where the grind gets too much.

And before someone says: Just form a group, and you will get fast exp/renown/gear. For some people this is just not possible. Even if they form a group, some would fail enormous. We all got our ways of playing.

I wish there could be good activity in every Tier in this game, but with the current player base of like what, 800 players? I dont see it happening.

Nonetheless, thanks for the time you guys are putting into this game.

Asherdoom

Post#57 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:22 pm

you cannot compensate a low population. devs can't do nothing vs a server with 500 barely ppl is not their fault.
Plus many ppl want to play only t4 and in lower tiers they leave some alts that one day they will get on in just to pass time when t4 action is passive.

Dresden
Banned

Post#58 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:32 pm

I like the idea of me writing an "action plans for levelling methods" topic.

I like the idea of it being designed for levelling chars into specific tiers.

I like the idea of a gratuitous 4th pin for being so giving and so awesome.

I wonder if any of the staff like that? ooh! i wonder if they'll applaud me again!?

edit: Nope, someone please steal this idea, thank you.
Last edited by Dresden on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
kweedko

Post#59 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 am

RyanMakara wrote: Right, as giving players more XP over renown is totally not going to **** them over once they get to T4. At least you're no longer asking for instant levels, instead demanding better XP rates because it would be a counter to 'slow progression'. The reason the tier is dead is because there's not enough people willing to fight each other for killquests and general lake activity, instead seeking to get to level 32 to join the rest of the high-leveled, well-geared players. If you cannot even see the merit in the suggestions I've put forth to give people a reason to fight in T2/T3 oRvR, and want to only hammer on 'quick progression' because it's 2017 and people cannot be arsed to put time and effort into a character, you are definitely missing the point of proper, all-around game design here. We will not make people skip the lower tiers just because it would make the tier 'less dead' - you'd actually bleed it dry quicker.
First, i never asked for insta lvls.

Second, RR is overrated(You get in anyway in t4).

Third, noone give a frog about "killquests" if it gives you no good rewards in xp and gold.

Fourth, combine t1 and t2 instead of t2 and t3, and prolong t1-t2 combo to let's say to 1-25lvls(and make xp rr gains in t2 zones better than in t1 to stimulate people go to t2 instead farming lvl 1 chars with 20+), and t3 to 26-39lvls - all who struggle in t4 being 32vs40(top geared facrollers) lvl will go to t3 and fill the population of dead tier. And please don't forget about SC.

Fifth, speed up overall progression rates in all aspect of the game.(and bring back renown and xp for heals, the stupid decision forsed healers to goin group and give them nothing for doing their main role healing everybody around not only groupmembers, that was thier progression path, removing it you slowed their progression)

Sixth, stop forcing people to group up, they do it evetually you no need to froce it, with this you killing the mood for solo playes.
Last edited by kweedko on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Druin
Former Staff

Post#60 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:44 pm

Ok.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.