Recent Topics

Ads

AOE and Witchbrew

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wdova

Re: AOE and Witchbrew

Post#11 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:01 am

Trying to AOE with WE is bad idea. Except OyK which has 10s cooldown, You have morale 2 web of shadows and tactic for slice, which is not even worth to think about. WE/WH in general are not AOE capable classes... sadly.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Krima

Post#12 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Wdova wrote:Trying to AOE with WE is bad idea. Except OyK which has 10s cooldown, You have morale 2 web of shadows and tactic for slice, which is not even worth to think about. WE/WH in general are not AOE capable classes... sadly.
Old Witchbrew, it was fun :shock:

x13 Witchbrew Suffering 35 No range Debuff Instant 10s
"You consume a noxious liquid distilled from blood which fills you with power, causing your next several attacks (up to 6 attacks at 5 Blood Lust) to each deal an additional X Spirit damage to all enemies within 20 feet of your target. Costs 20% fewer Action Points per Blood Lust spent, requires Blood Lust."
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Wdova

Post#13 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:43 am

Krima wrote:
Wdova wrote:Trying to AOE with WE is bad idea. Except OyK which has 10s cooldown, You have morale 2 web of shadows and tactic for slice, which is not even worth to think about. WE/WH in general are not AOE capable classes... sadly.
Old Witchbrew, it was fun :shock:

x13 Witchbrew Suffering 35 No range Debuff Instant 10s
"You consume a noxious liquid distilled from blood which fills you with power, causing your next several attacks (up to 6 attacks at 5 Blood Lust) to each deal an additional X Spirit damage to all enemies within 20 feet of your target. Costs 20% fewer Action Points per Blood Lust spent, requires Blood Lust."
The point why OyK doesnt proc witchbrew is that Witchbrew has 1 or 1,5s ICD so if You strike someone with OYK when witchbrew is up, it will hit only your primary target. WoW I didnt knew witchbrew was AOE based long time ago. I only knew the dmg was higher, dmg type was physical and it could crit.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Panzerkasper

Post#14 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:57 am

Wdova wrote:The point why OyK doesnt proc witchbrew is that Witchbrew has 1 or 1,5s ICD so if You strike someone with OYK when witchbrew is up, it will hit only your primary target. WoW I didnt knew witchbrew was AOE based long time ago. I only knew the dmg was higher, dmg type was physical and it could crit.
The ICD is 1s in RoR, it was 1.5s on live. I linked the souce on the first page of this thread.

At some point early on live it didnt even have an icd. WB used to be insanely good, but nowadays its just mediocre at best. It is more designed for longer fights, wich is nothing a WE particularly excels at.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

drmordread
Suspended

Post#15 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:34 pm

The WE in RoR is already unbalanced on the OP side enough, the main reason I have not played mine ever since I got full t4 RvR gear set up. You give me AoE from WB and I may have to delete the poor thing.

There was a reason why the AoE ability was nerfed. The WE already has the inherent +15 crit tactic, add that to an attack that is AoE and high damage and it was killer.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Atropik

Post#16 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:55 pm

this guy is amazing xd
Nicelook | Obey

Krima

Post#17 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:03 pm

drmordread wrote:The WE in RoR is already unbalanced on the OP side enough, the main reason I have not played mine ever since I got full t4 RvR gear set up. You give me AoE from WB and I may have to delete the poor thing.

There was a reason why the AoE ability was nerfed. The WE already has the inherent +15 crit tactic, add that to an attack that is AoE and high damage and it was killer.
I think the ICD on WB is important, that how it was on live..it had some ICD on it, I think it was a little faster like 0.6s or 0.7s not 1s for sure.. I have videos of it unloading in 3-4 secs. Witchbrew dmg could hit for 400s - 500dmg.

Taking a look back...I remember very well WE being a fun class to play and some of the cool stuff got completely destroyed by whining on forums at that time.. when they balanced stuff, live war would just remove and rework the skill instead of balance.

Find below a taste of what we had ...and actualy made alot of sense:

x11 suffering: Healer's Bane All of your Path Of Suffering attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce the victim's healing abilities by 50% for 10 seconds.

x3 Suffering Kiss of Doom Increases the chances for all of your Kisses to trigger by 25%

x7 Carnage Broad Severing Sever Limb will now sweep out in an arc in front of you, striking enemies within 20 feet.

x3 Carnage Sharpened EdgeAll of your Frenzies will now reduce the victim's armor by 75% for 3 seconds.

x11 Treachery Masterful Treachery After hitting an enemy with Treacherous Assault, Vehement Blades, or Enfeebling Strike, you will deal 20% more damage for 10 seconds.

x7 Treachery Baneful Touch Any time you attack an enemy from the sides or rear, there is a 25% chance that the victim will lose 40 Action Points

All the above tactics actualy made sense, instead of balancing it they change into crap... Like baneful touch now "when you atack from sides or rear you gain 15 ap points" really? WEs dont need more AP, we fine with kiss of betrayal. Whoever wrote down the original skills and tactics of WE did a really good job on it.
Last edited by Krima on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krima - WE RR 87

userkiller

Post#18 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:51 pm

Pre 1.2 WE, kisses could proc endlessly on itself, damage form openers had str contribution and could crit, and armor debuff on pierce armor. WE was so much fun to play those days.
Revvo - WL

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#19 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:06 pm

drmordread wrote:The WE already has the inherent +15 crit tactic
Yeah but its inherent downside is that you not allowed to use your finishers which is kinda really detrimental to the class

Krima

Post#20 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:17 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
drmordread wrote:The WE already has the inherent +15 crit tactic
Yeah but its inherent downside is that you not allowed to use your finishers which is kinda really detrimental to the class
Its not even that good once u get good gear.. Im on 22% crit + kiss of agony that reduces enemy initiative its enough crit for me.
Krima - WE RR 87