Recent Topics

Ads

What Prevents players from debolstering?

Let's talk about... everything else
Osred

What Prevents players from debolstering?

Post#1 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Starting this thread to open a discussion of what prevents people from being motivated to debolster. Its common to hear Devs trying to think of ideas to get people to debolster.

Personally I don't feel like debolstering because its conditions are too harsh to meet. You end up gimping yourself to a greater degree worse than players still in T3. If I could just pick a set of devastator gear and weapons and hop into T3 I would, but unfortunately thats not the case. You are essentially punished for wanting to participate in T3 when youre above the level bracket.

I felt this when leveling my White Lion, you put all that effort in getting the gear in T3 only to be unable to use it anymore in T3. Whats the point? If you can use certain gear in T3 you should be able to use it when you debolster.

Those are my reasons. I'd like to see what other peoples reasons are.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: What Prevents players from debolstering?

Post#2 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:44 pm

We don't want players to storm into T3 having the best gear for the tier. Consider the majority of players who are already leveling through do NOT have full Dev, they should not be subjected to a disproportionate amount of players that are fully stacked in it. Thus, yes, if you debolster to T3, you will be at a slight disadvantage, but it's nothing that should make you give up or get trounced by normal leveling players.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

freshour
Banned

Post#3 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Also the 50/50/50 quests aren't working if you debolster. Trying to get the word out on that one so any possible fix can at least be put into work if it is not intended for them to not work with debolster.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:07 pm

Osred wrote:Starting this thread to open a discussion of what prevents people from being motivated to debolster. Its common to hear Devs trying to think of ideas to get people to debolster.

Personally I don't feel like debolstering because its conditions are too harsh to meet. You end up gimping yourself to a greater degree worse than players still in T3. If I could just pick a set of devastator gear and weapons and hop into T3 I would, but unfortunately thats not the case. You are essentially punished for wanting to participate in T3 when youre above the level bracket.

I felt this when leveling my White Lion, you put all that effort in getting the gear in T3 only to be unable to use it anymore in T3. Whats the point? If you can use certain gear in T3 you should be able to use it when you debolster.

There are plenty options to gear up and no, you don't need full deva set neither do you have to rely on vendor items.
Dying is no option.

Dresden
Banned

Post#5 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:36 pm

Osred wrote:Starting this thread to open a discussion of what prevents people from being motivated to debolster. Its common to hear Devs trying to think of ideas to get people to debolster.

Noted, perhaps i could add something to Debolster Info - Tier1,Tier2/3,Tier4, about gearing in a debolstered state.

Read this please: #65
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#6 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:29 am

Debolstering can be a fun change of pace, and the creation of the new Seal currency has given players an incentive- however the drop rate for debolstered players is fiendishly low and most players would rather spend their time they have to play the game working towards goals with a quicker and more important payoff ie. RR and Conq/SC gear.

dansari

Post#7 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:17 am

With the fix incoming and the decreased amount needed for the seals, I can't imagine it will be very difficult to obtain. That's different from why a player doesn't want to debolster though. I imagine the reasons are mainly around how much gold it takes to respec and the gear you'd want to obtain before heading into mid tier.
<Salt Factory>

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#8 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:55 am

Respeccing can cost you only 5g if you choose a t3 spec that uses 13 mastery points you already use in your main build. With the reduction of the cost of the sweet new gear and the addition of the quests for ask ranks, the only thing stopping people still is their interest in how they'll spend their time. I've had a lot of fun in t3 since the introduction of seals, although I could live without the hate tells from order players..

Ads
spikespiegel84

Post#9 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:03 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:although I could live without the hate tells from order players..
Why would they hate free renown :D?

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#10 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:22 am

Well when you kill them 10 times in a row they typically don't get much renown, and try to blame the number 40 on your head for the fact they don't know what detaunt is.