Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] How to survive? Slows, Knockbacks and White Lions.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Questions

[Shaman] How to survive? Slows, Knockbacks and White Lions.

Post#1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:18 am

How do I counter White Lions? They charge. The lions permaslow? I've recently got into Midtier and now they seem to interrupt every cast.

My problem is when when 2 or 3 enemies appear in the backline to attack me. The renown Resolute Defense doesn't help when I try to run. I am still always slowed by something. Only the morale 2 cleanse works. It's not always up. Why are there so many ways to slow me down but I don't get a slow, root or stun? Only those 20 second cooldowns from Mastery. The only way I survive when I am chased by more than 1 enemies is when another healer heals me.

I do not remember so many slows and so many knockbacks. There is always this Iron Breaker running into the backline and knocking some squishy into the Order zerg. Is there no way to counter knockbacks other than positioning? Like in SWTOR the wizard Jedis had an ability to pull friedly targets towards themselves.

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: [Shaman] How to survive? Slows, Knockbacks and White Lions.

Post#2 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:29 am

Well later you will have The options! Via Runaway aoe slow Knock back etc
Well If a Tank solo got you in the back line and Kb you into The zerg you missed youre Positioning
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

anarchypark

Post#3 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:01 am

Flee + AP potion
Don't worry. When you 40, you have detaunts, detaunt tactic, run speed tactic, run speed rr skill(quick escape?), RD and flee+potion.
you can run like crazy gobo if you want :) with price.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:59 am

anarchypark wrote: detaunt tactic, run speed tactic

you cant commit all that in your tactic slots, only one

there are other things you need slot and run

shaggyboomboom

Post#5 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:02 am

TenTonHammer wrote:

Or you can have several tactic sets, one for rvr roam, one for scens, one for 6v6 etc.

dansari

Post#6 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:35 am

Gotta hit RD before you're slowed, it's proactive - does nothing if you pop it reactively. You'll get used to it the more you play. It's actually pretty hard for my mid tier WL to solo competent healers (could be because I'm bad). I'd imagine most are running Hunter tree which means you get access to pounce and the armor debuff but not the knockdown. If a WL jumps on you, AP drain the player, detaunt, and start kiting. If you can survive the first 6-8 seconds, you'll win. WL have high burst but it comes at a price of AP. In mid tier their damage isn't high enough to kill you quickly. And basically if you keep the ap drain on them forever, they can never deal enough damage to kill you through your heals. The pet damage is ok but because they don't have the points for guardian tree it's not beefy damage.

I believe I have only ever killed healers 1v1 in mid tier who didn't detaunt me (and those were zealots.. don't think I've ever beaten a shaman or dok 1v1 unless I was super lucky).
<Salt Factory>

arnagob

Post#7 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:42 am

TenTonHammer wrote:

Not really, they are the base tactics :mrgreen:
Arnie Fatarnie Kassdku
Arnagob Brizkran Cocorico

footpatrol2

Post#8 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:49 am

Run away at the first sign of trouble especially if your solo/pug sc. Positioning is super important for a shaman. Detaunting and detaunting early is super important also. You can keep your single target detaunt up 100%.

You can cleanse 90% of the slows in the game. You can't cleanse SM snares so... but the rest you can so cleanse yourself when you are snared.

Constantly Ap drain the WL. If the WL is in the SC he is hunting for you. When I played a WL that's what I was doing. WL's burst is tied to his AP. If he starts off with less ap then his burst is less. Find him and AP drain, know where he is at all times, I promise he is looking for you, so look for him. Think about keeping a single target detaunt on him before he even targets you. That depends on how much focus your getting.

Set up a close range fighting tactic swap for gates of ekrund, Riekland factory.
Detaunt tactic is good for this.
Set up a open field fighting tactic swap
Run Away tactic is good for this.
Set up a keep fighting tactic swap
Restorative burst/stationary tactic's is good for this. Don't need run away in keeps really.
Set up specialty in a known group tactic swaps where you can depend on other players.
Like morale pumps or ere we go again.

Ads
Telperien

Post#9 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Any chance for gobo to get alive from WL encounter is to avoid burst dmg at 1st few secs of combat. With time, you will have more tools to do it:
snare cleanse, Runaway tactic, Quick Escape, AoE snare, Kback.
Before that if you are unluckly caught in melee range use 1st detaunt, Ap drain, hot, absorb and pray running:), pounce is 10s CD, charge 30s CD with cancelation on skill use, snare are both 10s CD. And remember, by moving in unpredictable direction its actually easy outmanouver melee class. And remember, practice, practice and ... practice.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:31 pm

arnagob wrote:
Not really, they are the base tactics :mrgreen:
i wasnt talking about mastry point investment tactics

you have limited tac slots and my point is that you cant run or really should not run both auto detuant and speed boost tactics as there are other things you need to slot