Recent Topics

Ads

BlackOrc 1h/shield dps oriented

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TunderGhul

BlackOrc 1h/shield dps oriented

Post#1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Hello I had a swordmaster full defensive tank back on live and my idea was to have a dps oriented tank here on Ror. I'm mainly solo player or in group like scenarios or public warbands.

1) Is it possible (and a good idea) to have a dps oriented 1h/shield tank here on RoR? (be able to switch sometimes 2h as-well would be nice)
2) Is BlackOrc a nice choice for this purpose?

I am mostrly attracted from the following tanky classes: BlackOrc, Ironbreaker, Chosen.

thanks!!

Ads
ragafury

Re: BlackOrc 1h/shield dps oriented

Post#2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:07 pm

TunderGhul wrote:... my idea was to have a dps oriented tank here on Ror...
1) Is it possible (and a good idea) to have a dps oriented 1h/shield tank here on RoR?
2) Is BlackOrc a nice choice for this purpose?
1) yes.

2) pretty much the best choice if you want to go dps with snb

Edit:
can read this thread for further information: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=10700&hilit=talk+about
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Black orc is the dps you turn to when you want to you want to play an mdps but get tired of getting **** on by all the low effort rdps players

TunderGhul

Post#4 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:44 pm

ragafury wrote:
1) yes.

2) pretty much the best choice if you want to go dps with snb

Edit:
can read this thread for further information: viewtopic.php?f=71&t=10700&hilit=talk+about
Thanks, yes i was looking at that thread but it is very long so i wanted a quickest answer :p why do you think BO is the best choice?
TenTonHammer wrote:Black orc is the dps you turn to when you want to you want to play an mdps but get tired of getting **** on by all the low effort rdps players
What you mean? Does BO has some utility to survive the rdps spam rater than other tanks?

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:51 pm

No, he means that black orcs do more damage than other tanks but are more survivable that mdps, which suck to play as outside of an organized group environment and maaaybe 1v1 solo roaming as welf/hat lord. And since black orc can do good damage while holding a shield, they are more survivable that 2h tanks (except SM) because they can block the damage thrown out by easymode players (rdps).
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

TenTonHammer

Post#6 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:52 pm

TunderGhul wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:Black orc is the dps you turn to when you want to you want to play an mdps but get tired of getting **** on by all the low effort rdps players
What you mean? Does BO has some utility to survive the rdps spam rater than other tanks?

max deft defender + hold the line helps a bit

among other things :)

ragafury

Post#7 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:58 pm

TunderGhul wrote:why do you think BO is the best choice?
1. tactics that support a dps style (Gork Smash!, Stab You godder!, Can Youz hear me now!)
2. dmg morales (demolishing strike, deafeaning bellow)
3. 2 speccs that have a good dps output (THC ST cookie cutter (left tree) and Waaagh! Spam for AOE (boss tree))
4. scales allright with Str
5. can steal 120 Str and 120 WS for dmg output
6. spammable armor debuff, spammable ws buff
7. skull thumper for assist dmg / break other tanks / tanky targets
8. KD with good tooltip dmg
9. Silence with good tooltip dmg

list goes on.

while doing all this stuff: pretty damn tanky.
still keep in mind that you want a buddy that can apply healdebuff, otherwise your dmg is fluffy vs healers or targets that get supported by a healer (speaking of ST / smallscale).

EDIT:
I don't want to sound like an asshole but srsly. check out the other thread I linked.
we are not inventing something new here! all the information is right there. read it up. at least the last few posts which are discussing cookie cutter speccs if I recall it right,...
Last edited by ragafury on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Collateral

Post#8 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:01 pm

Yea, just read the thread and you will find your answer, I think only a couple pages back. On destro, bo is the only tank worth going dps. While you can go 2h for total retard mode (insanely high damage if specced only for that) , I wouldn't recommend it if you will solo roam.

Ads