Recent Topics

Ads

[Review] [Slayer/Choppa]Runic Blessings/Keep it Comin'

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
footpatrol2

Re: [Slayer/Choppa]Runic Blessings/Keep it Comin' tactics

Post#11 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 pm

Give the player the option to self rez.
Duration of the option could be the full minute 60 sec's like a normal rez or shorter duration.
Remove rez sickness if the tactic triggered to provide a self rez.

Everything else like additional damage is just fluff goodness.

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#12 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:36 am

Allowing it to perform as an option like the zealot/rp buff would still be under performing, as the classes are inherently squishy.

I think providing an option you stand back up, a damage boost, defensive boost, or a balanced combination of all would give the tactic some flavor and viability worthy of slotting for oRvR.

Toldavf

Post#13 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:32 am

I think that as design goes tactics are the most important things in the game, and when they created one that actively requires you to loose in order to work was bad design on the part of the original developers.

In any of the forms previous or suggested for the future this tactic will have no place in group play.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

footpatrol2

Post#14 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:06 am

@Toldavf
This is a RvR tactic, not a 6 man tactic. I could definitely see this tactic being used in RvR if it was buffed or made more useful.

Death in this game does not mean the fight is over. Insta rez on sham/am is a amazing tactic for RvR. Insta rez requires for things to go wrong and gives you fast recovery. Your dreaming if you think you can survive in RvR without a death in your warband. Fast recovery has a lot of value.

With that said the tactic's discussed need to be tweaked to provide a little more value for a RvR setting.

roadkillrobin

Post#15 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:14 am

Problem is that its a tactic which you only got 4 slots of. A tactic that does something healers can allready do will never be slotted.

I would sugest a change to the mechanic of this tactic to work more like the Last Breath renown passive, were 0 HP doesn't means imidiate death but posponed something like 5 seconds. Then kills you nomather what.

Toldavf

Post#16 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:16 am

roadkillrobin wrote:Problem is that its a tactic which you only got 4 slots of. A tactic that does something healers can allready do will never be slotted.

I would sugest a change to the mechanic of this tactic to work more like the Last Breath renown passive, were 0 HP doesn't means imidiate death but posponed something like 5 seconds. Then kills you nomather what.
Would be fairly imbalanced with fierce might :P
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

szejoza

Post#17 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:41 am

roadkillrobin wrote:Problem is that its a tactic which you only got 4 slots of. A tactic that does something healers can allready do will never be slotted.

As I like the idea behind it I too think it could be a bit too overpowered :D 100% crit chance with Fierce Might Slotted and Inevitable Doom doing tons of aoe :D
Spoiler:

Skalier
Banned

Post#18 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:49 am

I hope this discussion will end with a specific proposal that will be accepted and not as it was with Retribution where we wrote several pages and the matter got stuck in place.

For example:
Slayer Runnic Blessings:
-50% cheance to respawn with 25% HP + 250 dmg, time to decide 30 sec.

Choppa Keept It Comin:
-25% cheance to respawn with 50% HP +250 dmg, time to decide 30 sec.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#19 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:02 am

Toldavf wrote:

Would be fairly imbalanced with fierce might :P
Lots of possible (only crits) damage for a period of 5 sec is ok. Its not increadible broken if you ask me.

Look at Revenge! for WL. Its 50% guaranteed dmg increase for 10 sec with a easy trigger yet noone uses it.

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:04 am

Everyone uses it in 6v6.