Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] Looking for THE build

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Panodil

Re: [Magus] Looking for THE build

Post#21 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 am

My spec for WB and for ST

ST
http://www.ror.builders/career/magus/s? ... ,5109,5086

WB
http://www.ror.builders/career/magus/s? ... ,5121,5086

Ofc pink pet for ST and blue most of the time for wb. Renown crit then disrupt/dodge
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads
Waaghaa

Post#22 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 am

I use only this, after much much testing I have found that this is the only one that works for me.

RoR.builders - Magus

I have tried rifting so many times... :( and it simply doesnt do it for me as it requires backup often (and a guild who knows that value of it) and I run mostly in PUG wb's or solo, I simply love, Missrabbits shout "Rift yoo!" and I wish I could do it too, but alas that is not my melody.

I sacrificed Endless Knowledge for Chaotic Attunment... The need for fresh demons as I move alot, is greater than the small amount of damage you get from 160 INT. Damage wise, from the pink soup and the dots I use, I actually do not see so much difference in damage numbers with or without it?

I use endless pandemonium, Tbh I think it is one of the most underrated spells a Magus has, I like it, alot, I have gotten tons of kills with it, I actually leveled up with endless pandemonium, just dot an entire wb and sat back, chilling whilst others killed them.
It doesnt matter if it is cleansed / removed, RR/XP/INF is gained if you have done damage, its great if you run solo.

My pink soup has an affinity for dwarf engineers, not only does it damage their turrets, its quite fun also to place it at the spot they rift to, victory then, is not so certain, the pink soup does enough damage that when the rift targets arrive, usually a bunch of angry black orks, they find themselves in a most unpleasant situation.
Spoiler:

geezereur

Post#23 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:31 am

I sacrificed Endless Knowledge for Chaotic Attunment... The need for fresh demons as I move alot, is greater than the small amount of damage you get from 160 INT. Damage wise, from the pink soup and the dots I use, I actually do not see so much difference in damage numbers with or without it?

Dont you get disrupted a lot with that low Intelligence? Im thinking of going for a more defensive specced magus, I just dont know if its worth it now with these changes to dots.

Waaghaa

Post#24 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:47 pm

geezereur wrote: Dont you get disrupted a lot with that low Intelligence? Im thinking of going for a more defensive specced magus, I just dont know if its worth it now with these changes to dots.
I have only 5210 hp, I make damn sure that I cast from far away positions, Daemonic Reach is a must.
That is why I move alot, alot...

Tbh, these changes to dots, has not affected my playstyle one bit, I have not noticed that I get interrupted more, but then again, I do not PvE with my Magus any longer.
Spoiler:

Raefar

Post#25 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Waaghaa wrote:
geezereur wrote: Dont you get disrupted a lot with that low Intelligence? Im thinking of going for a more defensive specced magus, I just dont know if its worth it now with these changes to dots.
I have only 5210 hp, I make damn sure that I cast from far away positions, Daemonic Reach is a must.

Tbh, these changes to dots, has not affected my playstyle one bit, I have not noticed that I get interrupted more, but then again, I do not PvE with my Magus any longer.
I've always found dot builds to be lacking, however I tried the build last night. It preformed better then expected however I am still working on proper timing and rotation. Any advise on this as you have played this build longer.

andersensnorre

Post#26 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:39 am

Also I can't seem to learn my pets abilities at the career trainer, and they've stopped shwoing up in pvp as well.. I miss my pink pets ability, it was most of the fun to line up his cd with mine :(

Waaghaa

Post#27 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:38 pm

Raefar wrote:
Waaghaa wrote:

I've always found dot builds to be lacking, however I tried the build last night. It preformed better then expected however I am still working on proper timing and rotation. Any advise on this as you have played this build longer.
Did you now!?

Cool, I am honored, truly, as I have been advocating for the "pink soup build" for quite sometime.
And for some unknown reason it actually works, its like making a deck out of common cards only, in magic the gathering and whupping asses.

Rotation is circumstancial I am afraid, or rather I dont use any :roll:

Some small tips though:

Always have a demon out.

Cast pendemonium as often as you can, which will be often as it has literally no CD.

Also use Glean magic often alongside with Surge of insanity (I use this mainly on AM / BW / RP / WP)

Apply the pink soup where the tanks are fighting, apply dots as you see fit (preferably on healers), endless pandemonium on turrets if people are around it - you get fewer resist (WL pets works also)

Indigo fire of change (IFoC) on tanks mainly, dont matter if they resist, as it is futile, they will go down. (if no healer is around, apply dots also)

Morales that I use:

Grasping Darkness works wonders on WH / WL / Slayers
Rollling Winds, used on a healer cluster (they tend to stand togheter sometimes) its like jackpot, as it kills the ones they are rezzing quite fast also.
Scintillating Energy (is the morale I never use actually, but I have it, just in case)
Unleash the winds Naturally, as the build offer no 4th morale, this one is great though, especially if pink soup is applied at the same spot and you need to break out of a keep entrance or in, or up the 3 floor etc, usually wreaks enough havoc to make a change.
Last edited by Waaghaa on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Waaghaa

Post#28 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:51 pm

andersensnorre wrote:Also I can't seem to learn my pets abilities at the career trainer, and they've stopped shwoing up in pvp as well.. I miss my pink pets ability, it was most of the fun to line up his cd with mine :(
No one can learn those abilities that was shown, matey, its a reminisce from the time that WAR was live.

Dont know if there has been any changes to our pets in the sense what they can do?
Atm I am levelling up my chosen so I am not on par with any changes regarding Magus, though.
Spoiler:

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#29 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:01 pm

IFOC on tanks with any more than 30% health is futile. You should only ever really use IFOC as a finisher/snipe, imo, otherwise rend winds spam will provide more burst in a heavy change spec.

Changing Magus will literally offer 0 threat against any healed tanks (or other targets, for that matter). If Mist was somewhat potent, like it was a while ago, then I could see it working - particularly with rolling winds M2, as you said.

Don't get me wrong: the spec can work against pugs/unhealed targets (which is what I think you refer to?), but should we be advocating specs that work only when the opposition has a bad assortment of classes/specs? On the other hand, this tends to be 99% of the time so...meh! Use whatever works for you.

Waaghaa

Post#30 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm

You are of course right, as I stated, most of the spells if not all is cirumstancial, if a tank is healed, dont use it, if a tank however is not - use it, now you can figure this out quite easily as healers, like us, has a range limit of their spells, so if no healer is in the near vicinity, melt it!
Spoiler: