Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] You Got Nuffin'

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
TenTonHammer

Re: [Black Orc] You Got Nuffin'

Post#11 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Spoiler:
What if we took this moment to make it a tactic that buffed Da Big un?
Read the BDF rules, i shouldn't have to explain why this is not an option.

Ads
Collateral

Post#12 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:What if we took this moment to make it a tactic that buffed Da Big un?
Buff in what way? That would change the core idea of the tactic, if it focused on one ability instead of the group. I'm not sure if that's a good idea. The tree is designed around group play, I just don't see how da big un fits in there. The ability itself would need some big rework definitely, but not in this thread imo.

predathore

Post#13 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Spoiler:
footpatrol2 wrote:Solution a
Does not really do anything to change the current state of the tactic.
It kinda makes the heal noteworthy (since it would stack) but only if you're being attacked. If you're an snb tank they should be punished for attacking you. If you're a 2h blorc, they should attack you but as the following posts said 2h blorcs aren't tanky. This might not make them as survivable as a parry buff, but it'd surely help.
Also I like the anti-detaunt idea.
Spoiler:
Collateral wrote:Option 1 is just meh. Why increase the heal duration without increasing the amount itself?
Because the heal would be able to stack, eventually surpassing the original heal amount. I just felt like a trade-off like that would be fair if it was gonna stack anyway.
Group crit reduction sounds a bit too strong imo. Especially for how low in the tree it is. Self crit reduction would be balanced by the fact blorcs have terrible base initiative. But since da greenest tree is about group buffs, the group crit reduction might work well with the theme, the numbers would have to be tweaked though.
Spoiler:
Esperflame wrote:Personally, I find it only really useful for duels.
Spoiler:
Esperflame wrote:1) Keep the heal on it and knock it up one notch putting the aoe snare in its place and also make it reduce that groups chance to be crit by 5%.
Exactly. Isn't it a design flaw that a tactic obviously meant for group play is only useful in duels?
And I agree on the heal+additional crit chance reduction, though it kinda sounds too strong.
Spoiler:
ragafury wrote:just asking for a flat buff to an existing (niche) spec feels wrong.
Not asking for a flat buff, I'm asking for a rework to make a tactic that was meant for group play be useful for group play.
The stacking heal isn't a flat buff, it does less healing per second if you don't actually get hit often.
Spoiler:
Collateral wrote: I agree that if the heal got removed, it would definitely hurt solo play, which can be fun from time to time.

I feel like a crit reduction or parry buff would help more in solo play than 100 heal every 3 seconds.

Tesq

Post#14 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:21 pm

@collateral

even with group design in mind as collateral said is still a 5pt mastery which make it ""EASY"" accesable to other spec aswell it should be something "build closing " rather than something decisive for the build pick.

predathore

Post#15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Spoiler:
Tesq wrote:@collateral

even with group design in mind as collateral said is still a 5pt mastery which make it ""EASY"" accesable to other spec aswell it should be something "build closing " rather than something decisive for the build pick.
predathore wrote:And possibly move it higher in the masterytree, if deemed too strong

joaolol

Post#16 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:04 pm

predathore wrote: I feel like a crit reduction or parry buff would help more in solo play than 100 heal every 3 seconds
ive been running 2h BO for a while since i got a decent gear to do it but i often find myself wondering what should i use as defensive tatic, since im still a tank, but i cannot find any good awnser. theres already a tatic that gives +5% parry and +10% dmg, "guud at big choppin", but it is not a viable option since:

(1)5% is almost nothing for a tank; i need to focus on parry trinkets if i want to increase my parry, which lowers tons of my ele/spirit/corp def stats and offensive capabilities;
(2)if i choose to use "guud at big chopping" i must ignore "loudmouth" or "stab u gooder", which decreases tons of my dmg since 2h BO is still a stat steal peon and guard/challenge bot;

in conclusion: giving parry buff to "you got nuffin" would not help. parry should be increased in "guud at big choppin" since it should be a viable choice for 2h BO. what i feel that is a viable choice, as many already said, is crit reduction.

(sry about broken english)
Last edited by joaolol on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joaotrinta

Tesq

Post#17 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:08 pm

predathore wrote:
Spoiler:

predathore wrote:And possibly move it higher in the masterytree, if deemed too strong
aye but you then move down other stuff which imply talk about the balance the things you move down

-tbh no choipping me is a tactic for a lv 5 skill which is put so high it should probably be the 5 pt mastery instead (dont stack anyway)
-big brawling could potentially be moved down but not up, CC always take this hight in mastery.
-then it depend if you got nuffin get a new eff and if does which eff...

ragafury

Post#18 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:58 pm

I get the points made, but still.

the group argument is also lackluster.
as footpatrol pointed out, the tactic just got mirrored to avoid balance issues and old devs just picked the laziest route of balancing (obviously), while overall not mirroring proper.
the only thing I see in boss is that's centered towards aoe.
and also that is quite uninteresting for the argumentation cause this is not live, devs could and did already redesign parts of trees.

a flat parry buff kinda fails the groupplay argument.
and if you throw a crit reducer on top of it it needs to be moved at least to tier2 (8pts).

buffing the healing part of it feels still nonsense.
for solo play you can get the reggen stuff and it makes the tactic viable.
it's even ok as I mentioned if you run a tandem of dps/tank for roaming.
slotting it in a 6 man?
doubt anyone would do it, cause BO is there for asisst dmg and tanking, there are far better tactics for that.
besides of that:
a) it will never fix an imbalanced group
b) in a balanced group it will only cause overheal and still be unattractive as a choice

while saying this I don't have an argument to improve the tactic.
but imho the tactic is fine as I stated for 4 pts. so I don't see myself forced to give a valid argument.

so to follow the format to a certain degree:

so option a)
leave the tactic as it is (and may recheck it if more gear is released and it perhabs needs adjustment)

option b)
buff it for the sake of buffing it in the healing department(I still don't see the point cause it works in the niche)

option c)
bind the sugessted stuff to tactics which actually make sense in terms of grp play
I delivered 2 tactics which are straight not usable.
especiall if you want to go "duel" speccs, brawler t1 tactic is useless.
for group play mor hardcore is there beyond useless for a T3.
You got nuffin has use and needs to be moved if you want to adjust it imho.
it's not that broken nor is it that good but it's ok for a 4pts investment which is accesible by every spec.

I'm out.
No Balanceforumbannerinokapperino
Last edited by ragafury on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Ads
predathore

Post#19 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Tesq wrote:
predathore wrote:
Spoiler:

aye but you then move down other stuff which imply talk about the balance the things you move down

-tbh no choipping me is a tactic for a lv 5 skill which is put so high it should probably be the 5 pt mastery instead (dont stack anyway)
-big brawling could potentially be moved down but not up, CC always take this hight in mastery.
-then it depend if you got nuffin get a new eff and if does which eff...
I like the idea of it switching places with No Choppin' Me

predathore

Post#20 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 pm

ragafury wrote: buffing the healing part of it feels still nonsense.
for solo play you can get the reggen stuff and it makes the tactic viable.
it's even ok as I mentioned if you run a tandem of dps/tank for roaming.
slotting it in a 6 man?
doubt anyone would do it, cause BO is there for asisst dmg and tanking, there are far better tactics for that.
besides of that:
a) it will never fix an imbalanced group
b) in a balanced group it will only cause overheal and still be unattractive as a choice
I see your point, but in an imbalanced group without healer it could actually matter (and as I stated, if it's too strong it could switch places with No Choppin' Me for example.
And in a balanced group where there's a healer it could still potentially help out the healer (with a bit more than 100 every 3 seconds) if the enemy attacks the BLORC.
ragafury wrote:it's even ok as I mentioned if you run a tandem of dps/tank for roaming.
If it's a 2v1 encounter, maybe. If it's a 2v2 the heal won't really matter anymore.