Recent Topics

Ads

Please explain me how i am supposed to deal with this.

Let's talk about... everything else
Ourihill88

Please explain me how i am supposed to deal with this.

Post#1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:14 pm

First of all this is not a QQ post , i don't even post often but man.. seriously i had enough.. The image sais everything.. this dmg came to me in 0.5 secs (i am pretty sure he didn't even cast anything somehow but not 100% sure about that), i didn't even realised how the hell i died. Same thing is happening vs White Lions and Which hunters.. meanwhile i tickle people to death. Some classes need rebalance, i know it's not an one vs one game based game but still.. How can a magus or any other caster is supposed to deal vs a Which hunter (even Green geared) when he gets knocked down and he is bellow 50% then finally gets up on his feet and the Which hunter presses the spell immunity button.. how is a magus supposed to kill a healer with the insane disrupt chance u've put into the game not to mention disrupt on dots (that was insane in my opinion).
Anyway maybe this is a QQ post after all.. Just some food for thought to the devs , merry x-mas to everyone.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Please explain me how i am supposed to deal with this.

Post#2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:18 pm

you spec defensively if you wish to beat a wh. you have 2k armor and probably low toughness; this is essentially renown on a stick for a decent wh. go demonology stack toughness get aegis.

3k fireballs from a bw is nothing new. you know you can achieve incredibly hard hitting numbers with a magus too, right?

Telen
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Create a time machine. Go back to 2008. Get a job at the Bar in Austin where Mythic employees went to drink. Water down the drinks the night they came up with the BW mechanic. As a side benefit the game would probably still be alive as half the players wouldn't have quit in the first month over one class.

Penril

Post#4 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:30 pm

It says you disrupted Withering Heat. Therefore, Flashfire proc'd = instant Fireball. Probably undefendable as well (Burn Through).

It is what it is, though Flashfire got nerfed in a recent patch.

Renork

Post#5 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:31 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:you spec defensively if you wish to beat a wh. you have 2k armor and probably low toughness; this is essentially renown on a stick for a decent wh. go demonology stack toughness get aegis.

3k fireballs from a bw is nothing new. you know you can achieve incredibly hard hitting numbers with a magus too, right?
I mean, technically a wh should not lose against a magus after the detaunt changes.

Penril

Post#6 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:32 pm

Now, what I am curious about: does Heaven's Blade stack with Ignition? Not many complain about double Spirit debuff (ok, a LOT complain about it...) but imho a double Corp/Ele debuff is much stronger, because BWs.

Then again, OP wasn't double Corp debuffed since I just realized he mitigated 2.7k damage (and still got hit for 3k). 5.7k Fireball?

edit: my bad, Fireball isn't even Corp damage lol. It is Elemental. So he wasn't Ele debuffed (apparently) and still received 3k damage. Dayum. Zero toughness maybe?

Axerker

Post#7 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:34 pm

A general consensus is that Magus isn't really in a good place right now, and hardly playable competitively (that being said, play whatever you like and ignore what most people talk about).

Despite that fact, you got hit pretty hard. It was probably a max-gauged Bright Wizard that was bumping off crits, which is how the class is intended to be played, pretty much. They're pretty deadly when they aren't CC'd or nuked down, but they go down as fast as they put down enemies.

There isn't much you can do to stop them in terms of gear, your defenses seem okay. Your only chance is to rely on teammates to lock them up/draw attention away from you, or try to nuke them down yourself first (Magus isn't really a nuker, though).

Big Note Here: I see in your combat log you got crit 4 times in a row. Make sure you pick up the RR passive to reduce your chance to be crit. 4 times in a row is either really unlucky, or you aren't built for anti-crit, which is pretty necessary in PvP.

dansari

Post#8 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Penril wrote:It says you disrupted Withering Heat. Therefore, Flashfire proc'd = instant Fireball. Probably undefendable as well (Burn Through).

Looks like he was getting focused by two BWs as well.. did the SM have HB proccing? You showing 600 resists in WC doesn't tell the full story, but yeah 3k fireballs are high, but not unheard of.
<Salt Factory>

Ads
Penril

Post#9 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:38 pm

dansari wrote:
Penril wrote:It says you disrupted Withering Heat. Therefore, Flashfire proc'd = instant Fireball. Probably undefendable as well (Burn Through).

Looks like he was getting focused by two BWs as well.. did the SM have HB proccing? You showing 600 resists in WC doesn't tell the full story, but yeah 3k fireballs are high, but not unheard of.
I can understand 3k Fireball where you mitigate, i don't know, 1k? But it says he mitigated 2.7k, which makes me think he wasn't Ele debuffed. Zero toughness maybe? Or is that the usual mitigation number for a 3k Fireball? I admit I haven't really checked my combat log.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Was he near WC? 5.7k fireball seems like WC buff.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!