Recent Topics

Ads

30k Hit

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Gaunt2005

Re: 30k Hit

Post#11 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 am

kiannas wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:12 pm I've been hit with terminate all of twice, and that was for wandering over by the forts for to long. where WERE you when you got hit?
I was actually sitting on the BO at Morr. I had just died at the keep though and respawned at WC.

Ads
Ramasee

Post#12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Natherul wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 am
lefze wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 pm
Natherul wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:02 pm terminate is an internal command that is used on a player when we want them to instantly die.

Either something went wrong and your client send a message to the server that promted the server to kill you as a response or the keep lord decided to kill you (we are looking into making his terminate stand out better) due to you either pulling him too far from keep or going top floor with him.

This is something we are working on improving.
"Going top floor with him" is kind of a weird way to put it. Going top floor at all, regardless of having aggro or no gets you terminated. Even if you haven't touched the lord. Same did apply for going anywhere in the keep area all the way to outer walls++, no idea if that was ever fixed.

Anyways, good luck on improving it, a lot of people are kinda unhappy with the current iteration as it makes no sense.
If you have aggro and is on the top floor means he will unfriend you and slap you hard. If someone keeps the aggro on seconds floor (where lord should be) he will stay as your friend.
To be honest, that may be what is intended, but that isn't the actual result. At least not a week ago. I've been terminated in a keep on all three roles and on the tank and dps I'm 100% certain I did not touch the lord. As a healer, I probably healed someone who had so that's more acceptable. I've also been rezzed outside of the lord room, ran out with warband and the keep lord still terminates. This is seemingly at random, since sometimes he does not do it under seemingly similar situations.

On the opposite side, we have purposely tanked the lord with my swordmaster who kept aggro, and some people would still get terminated simply for being on the aggro table (even though they weren't on the top of it) if they chased someone upstairs.

lefze
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Ramasee wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:29 pm
Natherul wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 am
lefze wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:03 pm

"Going top floor with him" is kind of a weird way to put it. Going top floor at all, regardless of having aggro or no gets you terminated. Even if you haven't touched the lord. Same did apply for going anywhere in the keep area all the way to outer walls++, no idea if that was ever fixed.

Anyways, good luck on improving it, a lot of people are kinda unhappy with the current iteration as it makes no sense.
If you have aggro and is on the top floor means he will unfriend you and slap you hard. If someone keeps the aggro on seconds floor (where lord should be) he will stay as your friend.
To be honest, that may be what is intended, but that isn't the actual result. At least not a week ago. I've been terminated in a keep on all three roles and on the tank and dps I'm 100% certain I did not touch the lord. As a healer, I probably healed someone who had so that's more acceptable. I've also been rezzed outside of the lord room, ran out with warband and the keep lord still terminates. This is seemingly at random, since sometimes he does not do it under seemingly similar situations.

On the opposite side, we have purposely tanked the lord with my swordmaster who kept aggro, and some people would still get terminated simply for being on the aggro table (even though they weren't on the top of it) if they chased someone upstairs.
Exactly. You for some reason get aggro even without actually being involved with the lord, and you don't get removed from the table by dying or going faaar away from the lord fight. It's kind of rare and feels completely random, but sitting at outer walls for example and suddenly seeing the lord target you and suddenly getting terminated several seconds later is just weird.
Rip Phalanx