Recent Topics

Ads

DOK & WP| Melee Heal & Melee DPS Roles

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.

Poll: Which approach do you prefer?

Specialization
58%
Hybridization
31%
None (explain in comments)
11%
Total votes: 125

ajnin420
Suspended

Re: DOK & WP| Melee Heal & Melee DPS Roles

Post#11 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm

I agree with drozz and pan. For the most part the classes are fine. If a major reworks of the class is what we are getting then /meh... some abilities need tweeking perhaps, but messing with the trees to much is simply not needed.

Many great ideas have been brought up already. Why dont we look at those.

Also dont see the point of these "polls"

Sidenote im getting pretty sick of the downplaying of the 2 classes. I see great players on both sides roaming, doing scs, 6mans and yes even warbands...

but w.e they suck right?

Ads
Xergon

Post#12 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:05 pm

Tesq wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:12 pm Specialozation but The thng is as follow, each. Mastery ahould provide a role

Caster Heal
Melee heal
Dmg

But the builds are not based on role. Build options should be as follow:

-Primary heal and secondary melee heal= backline healer with few melee heal option

-Primary melee heal and secondary heal= front line healer

-Primary melee heals and secondary dmg = low profile dmg dealer with a lot or self survability /potentialy utility (like def mara).

-Primary dmg and secondary melee heals= true damage dealer, less burst and pnly some.self survabiloty heals.

13 pt skills and 9pt tactics builds as to enable difference in builds and to enforce those builds.

Edit: ah yes last thing even if dok is better i think wp as of currently may fit more my feedback.

Specialization and pretty much agree with guy above.

Hybrid either wont perform or over perform and will be OP.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

ravenlocke

Post#13 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Please do not make any drastic changes to either DOK or WP. I have a 40/72 dok and a 40/49 WP and have played both extensively in all 3 trees - both are fine. If you feel they are underperforming/overperforming in any given area then simply tune some of the numbers. We don't need class overhauls or complete reworks...that will drive away even more of the already small population.

In general I am not a fan of these massive class overhauls that are being undertaken. Please just tune the numbers, it is honestly that simple. There is a reason the population has dropped by 60-75% in the past year.

Kright

Kurama

Post#14 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:18 pm

Classes are fine.

Just need some tweaks here and there, doesn't warrant a complete rework.
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Ramasee

Post#15 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:25 pm

There were a handful of ideas floated before we decided to make this thread. The poll matters a lot less than the comments you guys are posting here. I'll post a few of the floated ideas to show you we aren't thinking major rework when going down a specialization approach and more of a tuning of numbers if people go specialization route.

There are very initial ideas not even past step 1 of our 13 step process.

1. Sigmar's radiance now costs 60 AP.
Grace of Sigmar: Your sigmar's radiance now costs 35 AP, the base heal is increased by 25% and the healing from damage is increased by 75%.
Makes it more expensive for wrath, unless they go 11pt grace. You want mdps mobility in 15pt wrath or group healing

2. Make a tactic. Path of Wrath abilities gain 1% damage per 10 RF. Abilities that cost RF now cost 100% more.

3. Remove RF generation from all tomes. Passive: gain 8RF per second if wielding tome. (Passives are things like gain 10% parry while dual wielding)

Panodil

Post#16 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm

I like number one. Would force me to think before using transfer essence. Now with zealot ap ritual nerfed to order standard :D
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

roadkillrobin

Post#17 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:36 pm

I'd rather go with a dps reduction for the Sigmars Radiance and Transfer Essence and increase the healing capabillity so it can compliment Salvation playstyle by being a good RF regen tool that doesn't shut down your healing while using GCD to regen RF, aswell i'd like to see a dps increase in Bludgeon/Cleave Soul so they are actually worth using.

Maybe move out Divine Assault and Rend Sould from masteries completly and make em max lvl powerfull nomather what mastery you run. That would compliment the lifetap loss in Wrath/Torture for not using the AoE lifetaps as fillers aswell as making them better for Salvation/Dark Rites aswell.

roadkillrobin

Post#18 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Ramasee wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:25 pm There were a handful of ideas floated before we decided to make this thread. The poll matters a lot less than the comments you guys are posting here. I'll post a few of the floated ideas to show you we aren't thinking major rework when going down a specialization approach and more of a tuning of numbers if people go specialization route.

There are very initial ideas not even past step 1 of our 13 step process.

1. Sigmar's radiance now costs 60 AP.
Grace of Sigmar: Your sigmar's radiance now costs 35 AP, the base heal is increased by 25% and the healing from damage is increased by 75%.
Makes it more expensive for wrath, unless they go 11pt grace. You want mdps mobility in 15pt wrath or group healing

2. Make a tactic. Path of Wrath abilities gain 1% damage per 10 RF. Abilities that cost RF now cost 100% more.

3. Remove RF generation from all tomes. Passive: gain 8RF per second if wielding tome. (Passives are things like gain 10% parry while dual wielding)
Nr1 is hella punishing for Salvation/Dark Rites tho. I use those skills to regen RF all effin time.

Ads
Ramasee

Post#19 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 pm

Trust me I know they aren't fully though out. Hence why I said it's just a random idea tossed out. Just to show you that we are not thinking along the lines of full rework. Just some augmentations and opportunity costs.

Also all that stuff in pending review and proposed gets added to the initial blocks of ideas.

I think we used some from 2016 previously lol

ravenlocke

Post#20 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:56 pm

Ramasee wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 pm Trust me I know they aren't fully though out. Hence why I said it's just a random idea tossed out. Just to show you that we are not thinking along the lines of full rework. Just some augmentations and opportunity costs.

Also all that stuff in pending review and proposed gets added to the initial blocks of ideas.

I think we used some from 2016 previously lol

I sincerely hope you guys are using some sort of structured problem solving in this process. If you are honestly asking the community for input please provide additional information with what you are looking for.

Most importantly: WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM STATEMENT??

Without that I dont know how this discussion can move forward in a meaningful way.

If you are not honestly asking the community for feedback and are instead just making a show of having the community "involved" that is fine too, but I dont know why you would waste your time doing such.

Kright