Recent Topics

Ads

Terrible Embrace OP

Let's talk about... everything else
Maroe337

Terrible Embrace OP

Post#1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:01 am

What makes this ability powerful is that it's usable as soon as the target enters its range.
And, behaving completely unlike Fetch, the lines appear while casting.
The lines are the sign that the ability is starting to focus.
The target is pulled in after the sign is confirmed, so once the ability is cast, the target is very likely to be killed.
As well, once the lines appear, even if the target manages to get out of the 65 ft range, it's almost impossible to escape.
Even if the target runs into a postern after the lines appear, they'll be pulled back out from behind the door.
It's clearly more powerful than Fetch, and it needs to be fixed.
Either making WL's Fetch the exact same skill, or removing both would solve the problem.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Terrible Embrace OP

Post#2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:29 am

LoS issues/wallbug mechanics (pertain to many, many skills) are not indicative of a failing with the skill itself.

WL have Fetch, which is currently not performing well (due to buggy pet) but it will be fixed soon.

Zaxxond

Post#3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:17 am

It's a strong ability. Even better now that it's based off of strength (Please correct me if I'm wrong)

Destro needs stronger melee abilities and buffs to be able to compete with Order RDPS.

Danord
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:39 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:29 am LoS issues/wallbug mechanics (pertain to many, many skills) are not indicative of a failing with the skill itself.

WL have Fetch, which is currently not performing well (due to buggy pet) but it will be fixed soon.
Wat wat i was sure it was my Connection :shock: :o.
I doubt anything can be done besides moving ability away from pet, with the current orvr lag.

Dammy095

Post#5 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:05 am

i got used to disrupt an ability most of time because it was broken, now its fixed and im actually getting pulled, pls nerf

Sandskid

Post#6 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:11 am

Lets nerf all destro abilities, leaving only autoattack (we really should make aa speed slower, to be sure, that destro players won't accidentaly kill anyone)

RuffRyder

Post#7 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:42 am

Dammy095 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:05 am i got used to disrupt an ability most of time because it was broken, now its fixed and im actually getting pulled, pls nerf
Exactly that.
As an 99% Order player lately I felt like I have never been pulled until the ability now seems viable.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

delcon

Post#8 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:31 am

WL have Fetch, which is currently not performing well (due to buggy pet) but it will be fixed soon

has the wl fetch ever worked well , ?
looking forward to the fix all the same and is that going to be the same time WL's are Wb viable ?

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#9 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:59 am

Thats why mara need pounce, so he doesnt have to anoy order with pulls so often. Now theres no choice but use that op pull.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

nebelwerfer

Post#10 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:13 am

When I played my mara I always loved the pull, never felt llike it was underperforming or should be buffed beyond what it already has been so I was quite surprised to see an additional buff like this.

In my mind it was a well designed ability bcause it was reliable when used on low disrupt enemies like most dps classes and 2h tanks, and not so much vs high disrupt targets like healers and people behind HTL.

It didn't mean you couldn't pull a healer every once in a while, and it never stopped me from trying.