Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Lord health calculation

Let's talk about... everything else
Dteekay

Keep Lord health calculation

Post#1 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:48 am

Please, help me understand.

I was under the impression that the amount of stars on the keep somehow affects Lord's HP, and the more BOs you hold in the zone the stronger he is and has more health. Now every time I am running order and we are taking a keep, (hypothetically - order keep 1 star, des keep 0 star, all BOs neutral) it takes on average 10 minutes to kill lord with 2 WBs. Playing earlier today, des was attacking an order keep (3 stars) and order held ALL FOUR OF THE BOS. It took des 4 minutes and 39 seconds to kill lord with 1.5 wbs. Now these are just 2 examples, yes, too few to make assumptions based on, but that is why I need someone to clear this up.

Ads
Natherul
Developer

Re: Keep Lord health calculation

Post#2 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 am

Lord have the same HP all the time, BOs increase the damage lord and siege does. Keep rank currently only increase the number of siege available.

There is a system that however scales the damage taken on lord based on number of players around to help against him falling in 1 minute flat but also make him possible during lower pop times.

szejoza

Post#3 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 am There is a system that however scales the damage taken on lord based on number of players around to help against him falling in 1 minute flat but also make him possible during lower pop times.
Is it really necessary tho? It adds additional calculations in thightly packed area while it could simply be based on zone pop

Just wondering what is the reasoning behind it, most often zone fight ends up in keep area, maybe 10% of the playerbase is spread throughout the whole zone, change could lower the strain on the server. Just an idea tho
Spoiler:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:26 pm

szejoza wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:02 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 am There is a system that however scales the damage taken on lord based on number of players around to help against him falling in 1 minute flat but also make him possible during lower pop times.
Is it really necessary tho? It adds additional calculations in thightly packed area while it could simply be based on zone pop

Just wondering what is the reasoning behind it, most often zone fight ends up in keep area, maybe 10% of the playerbase is spread throughout the whole zone, change could lower the strain on the server. Just an idea tho
It adds an insignificant calculation. Lag is caused by hundreds of players using hundreds of abilities in the same area requiring every one of those abilities to pack up data and send it to each client every single time something changes. Lord scaling basically asks for a count of nearby players and modifies his incoming damage value based on some math. That's three things, not several hundred. Also, Nath answered the "why" aspect of it already.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog