Recent Topics

Ads

RvR bags and alts

Let's talk about... everything else
Orontes

RvR bags and alts

Post#1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:42 pm

I saw an in-game discussion and wanted to confirm. If one has a toon they play, and then switch to another character that is on the same side (say, both are destruction toons): does the switching effectively eliminate the bag calculation progress the first played toon was making toward getting gold bags? Thanks

Ads
Xergon

Re: RvR bags and alts

Post#2 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:02 pm

If you enter into RvR lake with 2nd/other toon previous character lose contribution and chance to roll for bag.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Gangan

Post#3 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 pm

You keep the contribution if you enter a different "tier". So if you played char A in t2-t4 you can log on char B and play in t1 (of course working in both directions.) Doesn't matter if char A and B are part of the same realm.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Hargrim
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:36 pm

It's done per zone, so if there is Praag open and Avelorn open you can quit char from Praag and log anther and go to Avelorn without losing accumulated contribution on character 1.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:48 pm

Same as any other case currently, you change character in the same zone, contribution is removed from previous chatacter.

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:30 pm

Essentially its 1 bag per account per zone.

I see the logic as otherwise edge lords could just roll all their characters through the zone and profit.

But, the current system does prevent me from logging my healer when Order needs it. Could the system perhaps be changed to work in the opposite way? So that my first character gets the roll and when I log the 2nd, normally healer, they just don’t get contribution?

I usually just can’t convince myself to blow my Slayers contribution in order to go log my healer because the wb comp changed. I would rather do my time to get contribution for the Slayer and then go roll the class order needs. Keep in mind this is my pug mentality in that I usually only have an hour or so to play per day and will only be in one zone. I usually play the most gear dependent class first because my pug self struggles to even get enough rolls for conq.

I know this is my own choice and I could just log the healer first to check grp comp but I imagine most Order (who go dps heavy) do it the way I do where they play the toon they want to play and then change to tank or healer when the comp is bad?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:25 pm

I'm quite sure the whine and cheese will just go the other way - "Why am I forced to play on first character I logged when I want to contribute and get rewards on my healer alt!"