Recent Topics

Ads

Is there a heavy DOT class?

Let's talk about... everything else
Orfieus

Is there a heavy DOT class?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:51 pm

I'm not sure what class to play, or which faction, so I'm wondering if there is a class that relies heavily on DOTs to do damage? If there is is the class any good in PvE/PvP?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Is there a heavy DOT class?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Engineer or Magus.
Dying is no option.

ToXoS

Post#3 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:54 pm

DPS AM is the best ST dotter of the game.

DanielWinner

Post#4 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:56 pm

Dot classes don't tend to be very effective in this game.
Though Engineer or Magus have dot builds same as Shaman and Archmage rely on their dots in dps builds (their channeling helps them to deliver good amount of burst, that's why they appear good in the end).
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

ToXoS

Post#5 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Like Daniel said, DoTs are easily over-healed and cleansed, however if you don't have a healer to take care of them, they can be quite effective indeed (hence why DPS AM and Shaman are so called "pug-killer").
However, in PvE they are really good.

WExWH

Post#6 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:09 pm

magus/engi
sorc/bw
wh/we
am/sham
sw/sh
ib

most of their damage is done by dot

Orpheus66

Post#7 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:33 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:56 pm Dot classes don't tend to be very effective in this game.
Though Engineer or Magus have dot builds same as Shaman and Archmage rely on their dots in dps builds (their channeling helps them to deliver good amount of burst, that's why they appear good in the end).
So if I wanted to play Order Archmage would be a good DOT class in both PvE/PvP?
If I were to play Archmage would I be forced to heal most of the time? I don't mind healing, once in a while, I just don't want to be forced to heal all the time

DanielWinner

Post#8 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Orpheus66 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:33 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:56 pm Dot classes don't tend to be very effective in this game.
So if I wanted to play Order Archmage would be a good DOT class in both PvE/PvP?
If I were to play Archmage would I be forced to heal most of the time? I don't mind healing, once in a while, I just don't want to be forced to heal all the time
No one will force you. You will just play alone most of the time and may get insulted because your team will lack healers in sc.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
Kobra
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Anyone that has faced a dot specced engineer on Dest side can attest to the fact that dots right now, are considerably overpowered. You will die. Nothing will save you. Once they stack them onto you.

Not very effective? Umm.. Ok!

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Kobra wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:27 pm Anyone that has faced a dot specced engineer on Dest side can attest to the fact that dots right now, are considerably overpowered. You will die. Nothing will save you. Once they stack them onto you.

Not very effective? Umm.. Ok!
Until you find a healer and /lol. Please don't spread misinformation.

AoE DOTS = engi
ST DOTS = dps am