Recent Topics

Ads

Order healer to play ?

Let's talk about... everything else
GreenGoblinLuthier

Order healer to play ?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi everyone, i would like to know, according to the elders, which are the most difficult healer classes to play under the aspect of leveling and RVR.
Thanks

P.S.
I'm a beginner and i would like to choose a healer in Order, i would like to pick one of those

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Order healer to play ?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:32 pm

To me, the most difficult (and most rewarding) healer to play is the "melee healer" Grace Warrior Priest/Sacrifice Disciple of Khaine. Very gear and skill dependent, but can make a huge impact in-game if played to a high level. I might be biased though! :P
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

GreenGoblinLuthier

Post#3 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Thanks for reply; what do you mean for most rewarding ?

Ashoris

Post#4 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:59 pm

best healer if played well is Rune Priest (and not easy to master) - but because its a strong class even mediocre play on him is good for the group.

hard to master and only well played good for the grp - Archmage (a bad played AM is useless)

melee Warrior Priest as a Healer or dps is hardest to master but even then not more rewarding for the Group as another Healer or DPS in fact, still inferior in nearly all setups.

so if a melee WP is talking about most rewarding, it is solely his own Play he is talking about, not the Group, the Scenario or the Warband.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

GreenGoblinLuthier

Post#5 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:02 pm

So Runepriest is the best healer, Archmage is good but requires a certain knowledge , Warrior Priest is the most difficult to play well and even so it's useless for the group if RP or AM are available.

Can i solo with warrior priest for leveling ?
Can a Warrior priest survive 1v1 ?

Telen
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:04 pm

GreenGoblinLuthier wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:02 pm So Runepriest is the best healer, Archmage is good but requires a certain knowledge , Warrior Priest is the most difficult to play well and even so it's useless for the group if RP or AM are available.

Can i solo with warrior priest for leveling ?
Can a Warrior priest survive 1v1 ?
Best healer is WP played as a healer. Then RP. AM you will be running away a lot.
You can play WP as a melee healer at high renown with good gear but DoK is better.

GreenGoblinLuthier

Post#7 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:16 pm

I would like to play an Order healer as my main character, of course it will be spec as an healer and nothing else. What do you suggest in order of priority ?

Telen
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:19 pm

If you want to have fun RP. If you want simple WP.

Ads
HappyHubris

Post#9 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:30 pm

How faceroll is WP? I'm enjoying the class so far (at 18) and it's awesome aesthetically. But if it will become mechanically tedious later, that's not good for me.

So far my WP seems badly in need of additional healing spells, as the spam heal has a HOT component that gets overwritten and the "nuke" heal has a cool down. I'm guessing that the missing component is lvl 20 AoE spell.

I rolled a RP and enjoy the added challenge of timing a slow "nuke" heal and utility of shielding, but the aesthetics seem really meh.

And who wants to play a frilly elf?

I tried rolling a melee healing WP as a separate toon and gave up after 10 levels as it was a net heal consumer in PVP. Maybe something to revisit when my WP gets maxed out and I'm looking for a challenge (by then there might even be a spec rework).

kaje

Post#10 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:58 pm

WPs have better armor, they take less damage from attacks. Once you hit 20, all healers have a group heal. They all heal for the same base value, but WPs have 1/2 the cast time on it. Most people who aren't good at healing or kiting just stand there and spam group heal. WPs are best for that.
Fenny of Combine, Elite, and Myrmidons from Volkmar

Kaje - Rune Priest

Mujrum - Zealot