Recent Topics

Ads

brucebaner

Let's talk about... everything else
noisestorm

Re: brucebaner

Post#21 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:11 pm

satekh wrote:However, I too, tried helping this person and asking him/her to write in spanish instead, guess my posts got overlooked.
You need some flashy kickass signature!

Ads
satekh

Post#22 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:23 pm

noisestorm wrote:
satekh wrote:However, I too, tried helping this person and asking him/her to write in spanish instead, guess my posts got overlooked.
You need some flashy kickass signature!
Haha, might be what's missing I suppose.
"I'm the Fripp, bitch!"

Frippen || Squiggie || Rank 28 - Renown 28
-

Razid1987

Post#23 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:27 pm

Xylon666Darkstar wrote:Seriously, Razid. What is the purpose or benefit of antagonizing someone whose native language is not the same as your own? Intolerance much? I would think keeping an open minded community would be in the best interest of anyone who wishes to see this server prosper for the enjoyment of all.

Thank you Aisha for pulling through for this player.
I think you misunderstand me. I wasn't trying to antagonize him or being rude. I was merely making harmless jokes. I know that there are many people who have a hard time with english, and I understand that some countries simply don't teach as much english as others. Having said that: This is the internet. We speak english here (for the most parts), this server is an english project, with an english website, and english speaking community. If you can't communicate with people, in a game that requires coordination, why are you even here?

Also, I never even mentioned the word "native". I'm from Denmark myself. English is my second language. What you are accusing me of have nothing to do with what I've written...

If you have read my other posts you would know that I'm not making fun of this person. I actually wanted to help him at first, but had no idea what he was trying to tell. What he wrote was nonsense. It wouldn't have made sense in any language. I made a simple little joke about it. If you can't handle that, I don't think you belong in the 21th century. I'm sorry, but I really don't. And since I can see you joined TODAY and know nothing about me, or how I make forum posts, I find it... confusing, as to why you are attacking me like this.

satekh

Post#24 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:39 pm

Razid1987 wrote:
Xylon666Darkstar wrote:Seriously, Razid. What is the purpose or benefit of antagonizing someone whose native language is not the same as your own? Intolerance much? I would think keeping an open minded community would be in the best interest of anyone who wishes to see this server prosper for the enjoyment of all.

I think you misunderstand me. I wasn't trying to antagonize him or being rude. I was merely making harmless jokes. I know that there are many people who have a hard time with english, and I understand that some countries simply don't teach as much english as others. Having said that: This is the internet. We speak english here (for the most parts), this server is an english project, with an english website, and english speaking community. If you can't communicate with people, in a game that requires coordination, why are you even here?

Also, I never even mentioned the word "native". I'm from Denmark myself. English is my second language. What you are accusing me of have nothing to do with what I've written...

If you have read my other posts you would know that I'm not making fun of this person. I actually wanted to help him at first, but had no idea what he was trying to tell. What he wrote was nonsense. It wouldn't have made sense in any language. I made a simple little joke about it. If you can't handle that, I don't think you belong in the 21th century. I'm sorry, but I really don't. And since I can see you joined TODAY and know nothing about me, or how I make forum posts, I find it... confusing, as to why you are attacking me like this.
So making people feel bad is ok, as long as it's on the internet? They should just "get over themselfs"? Attitudes like this is what's the biggest problem today. Belittling someone is rude, pointless and frankly just making you look like a douchebag. These are other humanbeings behind the screens. Would you like people coming home to you and to your face say ****ed up things and being general assholes? No? It's the same ****ing thing dude. Stop being a ****.
"I'm the Fripp, bitch!"

-

Razid1987

Post#25 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:38 pm

satekh wrote:
Razid1987 wrote:

So making people feel bad is ok, as long as it's on the internet? They should just "get over themselfs"? Attitudes like this is what's the biggest problem today. Belittling someone is rude, pointless and frankly just making you look like a douchebag. These are other humanbeings behind the screens. Would you like people coming home to you and to your face say ****ed up things and being general assholes? No? It's the same ****ing thing dude. Stop being a ****.
Wow, you are mad. Now you are attacking me, and you are cursing left and right. Should I get all aggresive now as well and start swearing at you? Or could we try and solve this in a civilized manner?

First of all, my intend was obviously not to make him feel bad. 2ndly, if that's all it takes, then he is way too sensitive to be around other people. You have to have some sort to tolerance to other people personalities. 3rdly, he never said he felt bad. You don't even know what you are defending. You are just assuming I made him feel bad, and now you are going apesh*t over it. I'm not belittling him, and yes I agree that that would have been rude, if it was indeed what I did.
But I'm sorry to say this, you are really overreacting. I made a harmless joke, and now you are cursing left and right? You're clearly offended, and I honestly don't understand why.

I believe humor is an important part of our lives, our culture, and our nature. If you are taking yourself so serious you can't handle a simple little harmless joke, then I don't think you belong near other humanbeings.

If you believe THAT is the biggest problem we have today, I think you need to get out more and take a proper look at the world. I can think of a lot of problems that are bigger: Global warming, nuclear war, terrorism, racism, pollution, to name a few.

If you have been offended, I'm truely sorry. Again, it was not my intend. I'm actually a really nice guy. I don't know what else to say, really. I guess we can agree to disagree ^^
Last edited by Razid1987 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

brucebaner

Post#26 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:51 pm

buenas tardes a todos , yo no estoy ofendido por Razid1987 creo que cada uno se expresa como puede y siente , como el ha dicho fue una broma sin mal intencion , y creo en su palabra , no creo que se tenga que atacar a nadie por ello . creo que todos podemos dejar esto por terminado , gracias a todos en especial a ti Aisha y disfrutemos del juego, un saludo y buenas tardes ( ya me llego el casco del magus al correo :D :D :D :D )

Razid1987

Post#27 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:57 pm

brucebaner wrote:buenas tardes a todos , yo no estoy ofendido por Razid1987 creo que cada uno se expresa como puede y siente , como el ha dicho fue una broma sin mal intencion , y creo en su palabra , no creo que se tenga que atacar a nadie por ello . creo que todos podemos dejar esto por terminado , gracias a todos en especial a ti Aisha y disfrutemos del juego, un saludo y buenas tardes ( ya me llego el casco del magus al correo :D :D :D :D )
Rough english translation:
good afternoon everyone, I am not offended by Razid1987 I think everyone has expressed what can be felt, as he has said it was a joke without evil intent, and I believe in his word, I do not think you have to attack anyone for it. I think everyone can let this end, thanks to all especially to you and enjoy the game Aisha, greetings and good afternoon (and I happen helmet magus mail: D: D: D: D)
Thank you, and I'm happy to hear I didn't offend you. It's nice to see someone here doesn't take this so serious ^^ Just funny how it had to be "the victim" ;P

WARNING! IT WAS A JOKE!!!!

satekh

Post#28 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:30 pm

That was not the point.

The point of my post was that he said " If you can't handle that, I don't think you belong in the 21th century" basically saying that if you're on the internet you can be as much of an ass you want, and that is not the case. You shouldn't be an ass on or off the internet and you should respect others. I never said you made HIM specifically feel bad, I was commenting on the absurd remark that if you're on the internet you just have to take it or you're "not good enough".
"I'm the Fripp, bitch!"

-

Ads
Razid1987

Post#29 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:50 pm

satekh wrote:That was not the point.

The point of my post was that he said " If you can't handle that, I don't think you belong in the 21th century" basically saying that if you're on the internet you can be as much of an ass you want, and that is not the case. You shouldn't be an ass on or off the internet and you should respect others. I never said you made HIM specifically feel bad, I was commenting on the absurd remark that if you're on the internet you just have to take it or you're "not good enough".
You are connecting lines that are not there, my friend. What I said was that If you can't handle a HARMLESS SIMPLE LITTLE JOKE, then you don't belong in the 21th century. A statement I stand by. I meant it. It was a JOKE. I was not being an ass. By your logic every person that lives is an ass, because apparently joking is evil (or some nonsense like that).

I agree with almost everything that you are saying, but you are putting words in my mouth. You seem to completely miss the point, that it was a harmless, one-line joke (Which I also made pretty clear with smilies, as well). You make me seem like a terrible person, which is simply not true. I was not disrespectful, I was not being an ass, and I was not saying he wasn't good enough.

What is so bizare about this whole thing is that it was only yesterday that you were joking with me about greenskin cake in another thread. It's like I've met Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Again, by your own standard, you're an ass yourself because you made a joke.

Twyxx

Post#30 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Can this thread be locked yet? It's gotten a bit out of hand and deviates from the point of the OP...