Population is starting to drop.

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
Detangler
Posts: 121

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#81 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:39 pm

Why did I not like pve dungeons? I played DAoC for 5 years starting long before Shrouded Isles came out. Tried WoW for like 7 months but pvp was just not near as fun. Played AoR back in the day right before and after TotVL came out. Did dungeon runs for these 3 games, but theres nothing really appealing to me in running these dungeons multiple times and hoping for a drop - and yeah I know there are quests designed to eliminate bad RNG in RoR so you still get your gear no matter what.

It's just personal preference to me. All dungeons boil down to either simple tank n spank or knowing whatever mechanics the devs made for the encounter to make the fight more "interesting." Either you have minimum gear requirements and follow whatever gimmicks the encounter requires and clear the dungeon or one person screws up and wipes the group (usually me, hehe).

Theres no magic wand for me to make PvE dungeons more fun. It's just not my thing. I'd rather run around solo on my witch elf avoiding the zerg and hunting and getting zero kills for an hour than run a dungeon.

That and in never know when a sleepy kid may wander down the hallway and i have to bail. In orvr I just die - in a dungeon I just got my group killed.
Detangler - 40 DoK armor talisman farmer
Deetangler - 40/6x Chosen tankbot
Deeetangler - 40/6x Zealot healbot

Ads
Dabbart
Posts: 1949

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#82 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:52 pm

Spoiler:
Detangler wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:39 pm
Why did I not like pve dungeons? I played DAoC for 5 years starting long before Shrouded Isles came out. Tried WoW for like 7 months but pvp was just not near as fun. Played AoR back in the day right before and after TotVL came out. Did dungeon runs for these 3 games, but theres nothing really appealing to me in running these dungeons multiple times and hoping for a drop - and yeah I know there are quests designed to eliminate bad RNG in RoR so you still get your gear no matter what.

It's just personal preference to me. All dungeons boil down to either simple tank n spank or knowing whatever mechanics the devs made for the encounter to make the fight more "interesting." Either you have minimum gear requirements and follow whatever gimmicks the encounter requires and clear the dungeon or one person screws up and wipes the group (usually me, hehe).

Theres no magic wand for me to make PvE dungeons more fun. It's just not my thing. I'd rather run around solo on my witch elf avoiding the zerg and hunting and getting zero kills for an hour than run a dungeon.

That and in never know when a sleepy kid may wander down the hallway and i have to bail. In orvr I just die - in a dungeon I just got my group killed.
Appreciate the answers. I am aware that it fundamentally boils down to the same answer(You found it a snooze), but that adds a lot of substance and context.

BeautfulToad
Posts: 320

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#83 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:59 am

Manatikik wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:58 pm
Detangler wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 pm
I've attempted gun bad and BS all of 1 time each. Ever. Never done the sewers. PvE is a snooze fest. Most times I play (only 2-3 times a week max usually) only have 1/2 hour to 2 hours max to play cause of RL getting in the way. Zealot and Chosen both in full Vanq, subjugator weapons, f probably 80ish invader tokens each. I am the definition of casual. I don't feel undergeared in the slightest. I still have fun duking it out with Order each night I play.
Not to sound rude but the 'definition of a casual' feeling geared out is not at all the same thing as being actually geared out.
What is he missing though that is desperately needed for him not to be geared as a Zealot/Chosen in full invader and with gear from bag drops?
Olszewski wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 pm
There are still other things mentioned here for reasons why server has low population and continues to drop.
I would like to see the player numbers throughout time, as it seemed like there was always issues in certain TZs getting people together, and in EU prime time there is always massive RvR. I think the shift to multiple zones opening up changed things significantly since everyone is no longer concentrated in one zone, and this is not always a good thing.

Most EU nights you see 150v150 RvR fights, and in NA prime, it goes from about 70v70 to lower, and there was always issues getting warbands together outside of EU times. Biggest issue in NA was the lack of pugs whenever I played in that TZ.

Gargis
Posts: 5

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#84 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:33 am

I have read all the posts with keen interest, and some I agree with, others may be relevant but just not to me. I will tell you why I left and have no interest in returning any time soon, unless some serious balance issues are addressed.

I did not play this game for the PVE or gear grind for character advancement. However its what is necessary now if you want to compete, generally speaking in small man rvr which is all but dead and SC are indirectly affected. Hence, low RR ppl are harshly farmed by high RR max geared players which is why your sc pop is dead and will stay dead.

I played this game for good fights which are rare with gear escalation and imbalances. I give you 2 thumbs up for trying though. That said, TTK is a joke and open wb fights are over and decided in mere seconds. Its a pipe dream ever to expect to get M4. Sad, but thanks for trying.

I play a s/b tank and would have never left for classic WOW but I just can't stand the balance anymore. Compared to live, s/b tanks here are weak. Mitigation is weak, defense is weak. When you have to use HTL and M4 just so you can survive a keep door push something is horribly wrong. Being just a HTL bot and not being able to use anything else is just sad and I have no interest in doing that.

As a s/b tank I don't expect to do much damage, but not to have good defense is where I draw the line and I'm out. Anecdotally, fought many casters one on one and when I reviewed the combat log, blocked and disrupted less that 15% of the time, I knew then I would be heading elsewhere.

Good luck with your game, hope you do well. However, as mundane as WOW is there is a reason why 2 million are paying monthly fees and ROR is struggling.

Good luck.

User avatar
Olszewski
Posts: 267

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#85 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:47 am

BeautfulToad wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:59 am
Manatikik wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:58 pm
Detangler wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 pm
I've attempted gun bad and BS all of 1 time each. Ever. Never done the sewers. PvE is a snooze fest. Most times I play (only 2-3 times a week max usually) only have 1/2 hour to 2 hours max to play cause of RL getting in the way. Zealot and Chosen both in full Vanq, subjugator weapons, f probably 80ish invader tokens each. I am the definition of casual. I don't feel undergeared in the slightest. I still have fun duking it out with Order each night I play.
Not to sound rude but the 'definition of a casual' feeling geared out is not at all the same thing as being actually geared out.
What is he missing though that is desperately needed for him not to be geared as a Zealot/Chosen in full invader and with gear from bag drops?
Olszewski wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:19 pm
There are still other things mentioned here for reasons why server has low population and continues to drop.
I would like to see the player numbers throughout time, as it seemed like there was always issues in certain TZs getting people together, and in EU prime time there is always massive RvR. I think the shift to multiple zones opening up changed things significantly since everyone is no longer concentrated in one zone, and this is not always a good thing.

Most EU nights you see 150v150 RvR fights, and in NA prime, it goes from about 70v70 to lower, and there was always issues getting warbands together outside of EU times. Biggest issue in NA was the lack of pugs whenever I played in that TZ.
Throughout time the numbers have continued to drop here. When did u start playing? Most of the population is in one zone now due to wanting forts. If u see is another zone being taking while main zone is being hit, its a few groups ninja taking that zone for prepping fort. When fort is up pop in multiple zones is very little lol and almost everything is dead till fort is over. Just hope when you are doing PVE u are not on a boss fight when fort flips lol.
Image

Alfa1986
Posts: 230

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#86 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:31 am

Grunbag wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:10 pm
I recall also getting the PvE gear set was a pain because you were not guaranteed to have full set after 4 runs neither guaranteed to drop for the class present .
Maybe current way is not the best , maybe we will adjust it with time , but actually it’s faster to get full pve set than it was on live .
i recall on Life, the wards system existed completely for another then here. there, to equip the bloodlord set did not need to collect full redeyes and full sentinel. I could choose what set i need and dont wast your time for what dont need. and wards were created to access different levels of RVR content (keep, fort, cities), if I do not confuse anything to reduce damage from Lords, in other words, to gain access to a higher level of RVR content, and pve was just one of the way how to do it. I don’t remember at all that on life I would go to gunbad at least once, it just wasn’t necessary because up-level RVR / SC sets were much easier to get. the only one PVE set that was better than its sc/rvr analog was the set from the lost valley and it really took a very long time.
Detangler wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:39 pm
Why did I not like pve dungeons? I played DAoC for 5 years starting long before Shrouded Isles came out. Tried WoW for like 7 months but pvp was just not near as fun. Played AoR back in the day right before and after TotVL came out. Did dungeon runs for these 3 games, but theres nothing really appealing to me in running these dungeons multiple times and hoping for a drop - and yeah I know there are quests designed to eliminate bad RNG in RoR so you still get your gear no matter what.

It's just personal preference to me. All dungeons boil down to either simple tank n spank or knowing whatever mechanics the devs made for the encounter to make the fight more "interesting." Either you have minimum gear requirements and follow whatever gimmicks the encounter requires and clear the dungeon or one person screws up and wipes the group (usually me, hehe).

Theres no magic wand for me to make PvE dungeons more fun. It's just not my thing. I'd rather run around solo on my witch elf avoiding the zerg and hunting and getting zero kills for an hour than run a dungeon.

That and in never know when a sleepy kid may wander down the hallway and i have to bail. In orvr I just die - in a dungeon I just got my group killed.
I don’t agree with that all the dungeons are annoing and boring. there were interesting fights on life in joint destro / order dungeons from land of the dead. when you could killing a boss within 15 minutes, and at the moment any enemy's group could enter and wipe you at any time, this fact tickled my nerves.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

mogt
Legacy RR80
Posts: 357

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#87 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:57 am

Grunbag wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:10 pm
I recall also getting the PvE gear set was a pain because you were not guaranteed to have full set after 4 runs neither guaranteed to drop for the class present .
Maybe current way is not the best , maybe we will adjust it with time , but actually it’s faster to get full pve set than it was on live .

in my opinion all is fine. it is a very good way. with a good group the dungeons are not hard. if you have players that they dont know, how play their chars. they die in the dungeons. thats normal. and the pve sets are similar to sc or rvr set. its all fine.

i saw so many random tanks in gunbad they are lvl 40 and rr 50 and they wear complete devastotor set without talis or dont know what guard skill is. this players issue are the main problem for the dungeons and not the dungeon itself.

User avatar
Parallell86
Posts: 63

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#88 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:34 am

Nobody asked for the forts and city siege. People want a stabile server and much RvR, not more PVE content.

Live servers had all of that you want to implement, they couldnt keep their servers up. People left because of the imense laggs in RvR. I was fine with conqueror and genesis.

Fact is, if you just threw invader medallions into the kill drops. Make them drop from RR 60 or 65+ and bump the prices of the sets. Then it wouldnt matter what zone they fought in or for how long, the players gather around for RvR.

Ads
User avatar
Robzkull
Posts: 6

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#89 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:44 am

Just few cents from new player that chose destro. Been playing for 2-3 weeks now.

Game is frustrating and discourges from playing.

Beeing farmed by ppl with 8x rr and geared to teeth is not fun.

Gearing is hard and without it you cant compete in pvp based game.

I got frustrated cuz my Maru was useless in WB and getting carried by zerg is boring especialy when you afk most of the time doing keep as mdps then you die to some random aoe or dots.

I was too scared and undergeared to roam solo cuz of enemy zerg and high rr ppl (mainly solo roaming WL/WH/dot spaming AM).

Doing SC (if they pop) when you have no tanks and no healers and opponent has 2 tanks and 5 healers means "GG lets go afk".

Few suggestions:

GEAR: some ways to SOLO farm gear (pve and pvp) that will allow freshly players to compete (mby not win but not get stomped and soul crushed) or just make it easier to get decent gear for new players without putting months to not get 2-3 shoted by enemy.

SC: either both teams have equal amount of healers or make no healers queue.

KEEPs: something to do for mdps would be nice on both sides def and attack. Mby some side objective suited more for melee that would: increase speed of destroying doors/oil/lowering lords hp/giving better lootrolls for every1.

And the last thing is BALANCE. I feel that order classes are bit stronger and more ppl play order for that reason. That makes it easier for order to farm gear and get even stronger. People always say grass is always greener so ive moved to order. We will see.

But i feel like Engi, dps Am, BW, WL should be tooned down or their destro mirrors raised to their level.

Love the game and will continue to play but soonTM changes are needed. Keep up good work.

courtsdad1
Posts: 18

Re: Population is starting to drop.

Post#90 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:57 am

Olszewski wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:45 pm
BeautfulToad wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:44 pm
Olszewski wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:38 pm
The last x2 event had the lowest numbers for the "server event"
The first weekend of that event had over 1.1k people in euro prime time, the server capacity is only 1.5k.
Only for a few hours on day 1. Definitely not like the other x2 events.
100% false. The last x2 event had very high numbers all weekend ( 900-1000+ every time I checked.

To those claiming this game is a grind fest, well you either have limited experience or just want to complain. I guess it could be that you can't find happiness unless you are max level with only the best gear but that would be a personality flaw.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Niblolkik, Sulorie and 15 guests