Recent Topics

Ads

Weak hits with mara

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: Weak hits with mara

Post#31 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:18 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:33 am Yep, Mara need adjsutmens. DPS am hits 1.5k and mara hits less than 1k even with %50 crit tactic.
Imagine for a second, that you are not playing solo and have resist buffs, you know, everyone uses armor potion. In a group you got your resists capped.
You should add up your AA hits as well and not look on single hits.
While you can easily become quite tanky by swapping mutations, the AM will be always super squishy.

When you can't deal with losing solo, don't play alone.
Dying is no option.

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#32 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Thankyouforlistening wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:40 pm So, OP was asking for advice and tips on how to improve his play...
You could explain mechanics, give advice on gear setups or what have you...

But you lot turn it into vector for your balance proposals and tribalism?
If your arguments were atleast any good ~ but you are just splicing the flogging of a dead horse with even more one-dimensonal pug arguments.

Give OP and others like him a chance to get answers to their questions - have some basic decency and quit pushing your narratives in threads of other people.
You can create threads yourself, and either invite others to a discussion or vent your anger among likeminded people.
Totally agree
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

wildwindblows

Post#33 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:12 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:18 pm
wildwindblows wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:33 am Yep, Mara need adjsutmens. DPS am hits 1.5k and mara hits less than 1k even with %50 crit tactic.
Imagine for a second, that you are not playing solo and have resist buffs, you know, everyone uses armor potion. In a group you got your resists capped.
You should add up your AA hits as well and not look on single hits.
While you can easily become quite tanky by swapping mutations, the AM will be always super squishy.

When you can't deal with losing solo, don't play alone.
Am has dots instead of AA and it hits harder than AA

Sulorie

Post#34 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:48 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:12 pm
Am has dots instead of AA and it hits harder than AA
They don't hit harder than AA unless your char is just bad geared and setting up dots requires gcd's, while other classes already deal damage. At least admit, that you are a solo player unable to deal with defeat.
Dying is no option.

wildwindblows

Post#35 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:23 am

Okay, Im pretty at the BIS with bloodlord set (also dual bl weapon) and am hits 1.5k with searing touch ability and it is not total its just instat. You can guess total channeling damage. Mara's damage really low when compared to other dps and even 2h tank classes.How guillotine ability hits 130 to wp with this gear. The topic is right and mara has some adjustments.

Odaop

Post#36 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:12 am

zgolec wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:11 pm
Now low maga and find urself organised/semi organised wb - np.
Now log wl and find urseld organised/semi organised wb - impossible. |

Why? Cause mara has its potential botho small scale/solo and wb wise while wl is completely useless wb wise.

As i said - i dont see problem with tweaking solo wl if they get some tools to use in wb [aoe kd, morale drain, some kind of aoe debuff] but no one seems to interested in this since Aza left project.

Same with SM which blade enchantements trigger on hit on target [completely useless on sieges or while dealing in range distance]- while BO triggers while being hit.

Go tell me moar how poor are you on destro side :P [yea i play destro too ;p]
WL has huge burst dmg, a pet, a pull, and pounce, can snake killshots with ease. You're really underselling just how good WL is. it's a class that's more than fine and is in no position to be asking for more. Literally best class in the game right now.

Sulorie

Post#37 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 am

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:23 am Okay, Im pretty at the BIS with bloodlord set (also dual bl weapon) and am hits 1.5k with searing touch ability and it is not total its just instat. You can guess total channeling damage. Mara's damage really low when compared to other dps and even 2h tank classes.How guillotine ability hits 130 to wp with this gear. The topic is right and mara has some adjustments.
Bloodlord set is not BiS for meleeDD.
When you are fully debuffed, having no resist buffs and low toughness, this damage is totally normal and justified. Any magic caster has easy game with solos without resist buffs, when they start fight at range.
I had to laugh about your 130 guillotine damage. You should pay more attention to buffs and debuffs and read combat log more closely.
In the meantime, ask other Maras, who know how to play but oh wait, those don't roam solo.
Dying is no option.

wildwindblows

Post#38 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:00 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 am
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:23 am Okay, Im pretty at the BIS with bloodlord set (also dual bl weapon) and am hits 1.5k with searing touch ability and it is not total its just instat. You can guess total channeling damage. Mara's damage really low when compared to other dps and even 2h tank classes.How guillotine ability hits 130 to wp with this gear. The topic is right and mara has some adjustments.
When you are fully debuffed, having no resist buffs and low toughness, this damage is totally normal and justified. Any magic caster has easy game with solos without resist buffs, when they start fight at range.
I had to laugh about your 130 guillotine damage. You should pay more attention to buffs and debuffs and read combat log more closely.
In the meantime, ask other Maras, who know how to play but oh wait, those don't roam solo.
Thanks for advice. I just stop playing mara. It didn't worth to invest so much time. Imagine a dps class hits lower than any dps healer or tanks. Still mara has good debuffs with low damage output. Long story short, Its not a good dps class but good debuffer.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:15 am

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:00 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:18 am
Thanks for advice. I just stop playing mara. It didn't worth to invest so much time. Imagine a dps class hits lower than any dps healer or tanks. Still mara has good debuffs with low damage output. Long story short, Its not a good dps class but good debuffer.
You just hit the wrong targets. Caster hitting low resist targets is a good target choice. Hitting armor stacking healers who can detaunt or have dmg reduction morals up in their grp is a bad target.
Dying is no option.

anarchypark

Post#40 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:23 am

well, my SW got record of 2.3k guillotine dmg. long time ago but still remembering.
so far my mara record is 1.3, long way to go.
but hey, i prefer killing slowly savoring their fear. :twisted:
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)