Recent Topics

Ads

Bug Report 21/05/2015 (Abilities)

Let's talk about... everything else
Azarael

Re: Bug Report 21/05/2015 (Abilities)

Post#301 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:20 pm

Well, they did.

I met resistance from diehard elements of the previous community even when proposing tiny changes, so I went off, radically changed the game and built a playerbase for it. Eventually mine all but displaced the original work. So much for the apocalypse occurring if a "perfect" vision is changed.

This is why I don't much care about people screaming blue murder over the idea that anything could be changed. As long as you don't screw it up, these people either realise that the changes were good or shut up entirely when they realise they're a minority. Either way is fine.

Common sense disclaimer: No, I do not want to radically change this game, nor would I get away with it if I did. I don't care about anything outside of the class balance.

Ads
gebajger

Post#302 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Ok, I just want you to know that it wasn't a flaming attempt, and I appreciate what you guys are doing here. I was simply reporting on something I considered a bug.

TF ticking half the time it used to does effect combat (short fights, 2 TFs up at the same time, overlapping)

As I said I understand your position on 100% live or not, all Im saying is once you start changing things (class abilities),
it will effect the whole game, even things that were already fine and balanced.

That's all, no offense

Previous post didn't seem to go off, so sorry if its a double.
Rioz

Azarael

Post#303 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:32 pm

None taken, the post was only partially in response to you :P

Yes, I've balanced before. That was what the previous project was about.

Thank you for your efforts in finding bugs, and I hope I haven't dissuaded you in any way from helping. :)

Ototo

Post#304 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:40 pm

I doub it. If I have one thing clear here is that u, Aza, are brutally fair and honest. If u have something to say, u do, clearly, not trying to please all, but telling the truth. U are a good person from my point of view, and I completely trust in ur common sense about everything related to balance and mechanics. U have the respect of the community that u have hardly worked in. So far every change have been for the best. Also I appreciate your contact with players and ur answers to post. I feel that this is a shared feeling along the community. Keep on it!! 8-) :)

Someone have to say this to you more often.
Spoiler:

noisestorm

Post#305 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:42 pm

Ototo wrote: Someone have to say this to you more often.
He's getting my love letters on a daily basis, dont worry!
#fullhomo

Ototo

Post#306 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:48 pm

noisestorm wrote:(...)
#fullhomo
Half of it for real here, but he dont want to marry me :D :D
Spoiler:

jonathanmurphy3

Post#307 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Yeah, I've only known you for a few months but already I can see you easily get people's respect/attention. I'm with you all the way!
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20
Leader of Lupus Deus Est (Destro) - a competitive small-scale PvP Guild

Luth

Post#308 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:18 pm

Azarael wrote:want to radically change this game
Spoiler:
:lol:

Ads
navis

Post#309 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:55 pm

Hey AZ.. I got a few notes of some issues.. not really big enough for individual bug reports so I just post here-

SW Takedown - missing animation? I can't remember what it should be I remember a knockdown animation but I'm not 100% on that

SW autoattack (bow)- too slow the flight of arrow animation. Make the autoattack more like all the other shots pls

casting [ALL] I've noticed that the room for error for movement while casting is very low, maybe too unforgiving. In some cases it seems to aggravate some lag issues such as when quickly start running and try to use a ability like Spiral Fletched Arrow or same with SH Run n shoot. What I am suggesting is that the check for movement be given a buffer or extra allowance?? something in the ballpark of 0.5 seconds?

ST detaunt's ! BW/SW and all the others should NOT require facing within the cone of fire... I am all for no auto-facing, actually but I don't think this is correct behavior of abilities.

great job guys!!