Recent Topics

Ads

[POLL] Regarding the Stagger durations

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: What is your Hope or Wish for the Stagger durations we should get?

SingleTarget and Morales = 9sec ; AoEs = 5sec
11%
SingleTarget = 9sec ; AoEs = 5sec ; both regardless of Morale or Not
24%
Morales = 9sec ; SingleTarget = 5sec; AoEs = 3sec
35%
All staggers regardless of type = 9 seconds
5%
All staggers regardless of type = 5 seconds
8%
other (with explaining below please)
16%
Total votes: 37

Tesq

Re: [POLL] Regarding the Stagger durations

Post#31 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Azarael wrote:
Tesq wrote:i don't talk about positioning , but potential issue lotd poket let stag became undefitable
If you truly want to balance this game, you may have to kill some of the items, or rework their effects. Potions come to mind, but they are by no means the only example.
It dont seems but i dont like change things unless i can avoid it. Stag can be fixed with out touch other things and still leave the pro player have some good tools. Just not soo good as before.

Ads
sotora

Post#32 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:04 pm

As I am not familiar with Warhammer names for stuff.

What is stagger? It is stun? (understood as complete CC, not able to move and not able to use skills)

Tesq

Post#33 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:15 pm

sotora wrote:As I am not familiar with Warhammer names for stuff.

What is stagger? It is stun? (understood as complete CC, not able to move and not able to use skills)
stagger is stagger-----> no action/move until you get hit or end

stun = knock down in this game ---> no move and no action even if hit

root---> no move but can act, 50% chance to remove root when hit.

Bozzax

Post#34 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:31 pm

@noise

you should have made poll like this :D

( ) increase stagger to 9s
( ) increase stagger to 6s
(X) increase stagger to 20s with 20s immunities
( ) make stagger as before cc patch

10pts abilities on 20s CD that are better then 98% of the 16pts M4s is absolutly sneaky. Adding it to the 2 strongest tanks is a Dart Vader ninja move
Last edited by Bozzax on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

tazdingo

Post#35 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:10 pm

9/5/3 all breakable

magter3001

Post#36 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:04 pm

I really wouldn't mind if we chose choice 2 or 3, both seem very reasonable imo. I chose 3 because waiting 9 seconds when fighting say a WH/WE can be excruciatingly long though having normal AoEs to only be 3 seconds does seem a little too short. I would have AoEs at 5 seconds and single target at 5 seconds while morales could be 9 seconds since they take a while to become available.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Sulorie

Post#37 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:11 pm

magter3001 wrote: I chose 3 because waiting 9 seconds when fighting say a WH/WE can be excruciatingly long though
What 9 sec stagger, when fighting WE/WH?
Dying is no option.

navis

Post#38 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:43 pm

Tesq wrote:
navis wrote:I don't really know.. I didn't really mind them too much because often other players would just break them with spam damage, unknowingly.

What I dislike is the buffs which follow and then grant around 20 seconds immunity to the CC abilities, which is very bad IMO...

Other than that have not thought too much about it... I kind of think the immunities should be shorter, though.
Sy but this make no sense, rather than you wanna be 100% time KD/KB , immunites are there for a reason, also stag was so much powerfull that was nerfed from 9 sec to 3 sec on kobs/chosen, maybe there is a reason for that? like stag all healer from a wb and kill the rest? leave away immunites .....rvr game with no immunites is just play gw2 etc...
I think it makes sense, although I did not propose figures to go along with the thoughts.. Immovable and the other one simply break the game more than anything else IMO. I realize there is a need for *something* though..

SWTOR tried to improve the design by adding resolve, and also to combat chain CC'ing they now have changed some effects to more of a slowing effect. The point is to keep the abilities but make sure none is made pointless - such as the other guy using a T3 Morale and it have no effect..

I agree with you but I also think there is room to improve overall.

Ads
Tesq

Post#39 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:06 am

immunity system work great and as luth said reward play with brain

you can litterlay

stag ---> KB---->root ppl with no immunites so tanks can dot heir cc job fine, also snare have no immunites so it's not like cc are useless.

Stag was touch cos chosen/kobs where the bane of any wb, a good stag and your wb was done for.
I agree cc should be something strategic but not an auto win.
If a cc make life too easy it need a nerf. In my opinion dok/WP moral as 9 second stagger is too good. The fact that is an undefitable stag and stag alone do not prevent enemys to be KB and then root make them no way to counter unless being alredy over immunity.
The fact that is a moral cc and so always undefitable and usable every 1min and so alredy reward the user of the skill itself, it do not need to have the same duration of ST stag.

For some of you this should does 1200 pure undefitable damage and even stag for 9 sec? and is even a dok/wp skill. And i could add then after all of this with 9 sec after you cannot move, you would probably get rooted for 10 sec by a kobs undefitable moral root. Sounds good to you 9 sec undefitable stag+ 10 sec undefitable root? not to me .....I hope ppl that suggested a thing like this change their vote.

Bozzax

Post#40 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 am

@Tesq
Yep 9s is to much even for Morales and immunities are good. The only thing I think they missed with the CC-patch was WE/WH KD that should have stayed 2s. Simply because stealth + kd can be chained. Possibly also BG 5s KD which is a bit much considering they hit Cave-win hard

Tank Stagger vs Heal Stagger
For me the biggest difference was that WPs/DOKs moving in for staggers are so easy to spot. You just moved slightly and they missed as they couldn't chase deep and gimped their healing when they did.

Chosen/KOTBs push regardless so you had less obvious warning signs. 10feet extra range and little avoidance on healers makes Chosen/KOTBs stagger effective
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7