Recent Topics

Ads

rSH Thoughts and Ideas

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Lakomasoi

Re: rSH Thoughts and Ideas

Post#11 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:56 am

Awesome! Glad someone is stepping up and doing something. Not sure if you were putting those ideas together already but I'll still keep this thread going, a lot of your ideas reflect some of my less thought out ideas however. I do want to see more work or tie in with the squigs but am perfectly ok with not having anything with them as well.

There are some ideas I am not sure I agree with but don't have a thought out reason why yet. Any reason you posted that today and not brought it to conversation here? Time stamp wise I see you psoted that after thsi thread so I want to make sure im not stepping on toes.

Ads
wiscel

Post#12 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:29 am

I've always been quite happy with my rdps squigherder. Only thing on my wishlist are a ranged kd, and a direct disarm (not the squig disarm which works horrible).
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

franzjaeger

Post#13 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 am

rSH needs some tweaks and buffs but I hope the core gameplay won't change. Path of Quick Shootin' with its mobility is great fun and the only reason I play this class, I don't want to be a turret even if I like that we have that choice.

Some thoughts:

- Explodin' Arrer - This is a fun skill and one of our few AoE skills, but the damage is ****. At least the AoE dot need to be scaled up OR inherently ignore resistances (haven't done calculations on this).
- Da Waaagh Iz Strong - This is not worth the tactic slot if it doesn't include Rotten Arrer.
- Behind Ya! - I like the choice between a crit finisher and a raw damage finisher (Finish 'em Off) but if they are to be on par the "target must be facing away from you" req should be removed.
- Lacking ranged KD
- Lacking disarm not based on squig which is always dead when you need it, unreliable in its attacks and in RvR often in passive mode which means an extra action for this skill.
- Squigs need to be tougher or have more resistance to AoE attacks.
- Squig Frenzy - 3m cooldown on this near useless skill? Needs a serious buff or have its CD recued to 30s or something.
- Tastes Like Chicken - Healing needs a buff but it would be nice if this ability removed an ailment as well. We sacrifice a squig for this, we should get more than healing worth one or two DoT ticks.
- Run Away! - Add a remove snare/root to this, increase CD if necessary to compensate. Note that this also requires an alive squiq so it already has a "catch".
- Splinterin' Arrers - Either make this core to the skill itself or remove the damage debuff + give some other buff like make it affect Yer Bleedin' as well.

Acidic

Post#14 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 am

Lakomasoi wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:48 pm Loving these ideas, we each have our own direction so its interesting to see what peoples feelings are, its also good to see peoples experience with other classes and where rSH could fit to match or do similar effects that are already out there.

Out of curiosity, what exactly does shatter do? Im going to look it up but also want to see it here since it was brought up.
Here is BO version
25 Action Points
5ft range
Instant cast
5s cooldown
Target must have an Enchantment

A shattering attack that removes one Enchantment from your enemy and deals 127 damage.

M0rw47h

Post#15 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:16 am

nocturnalguest wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:20 pm With all respect, Acidic...
Ranged aoe shatter to not make it over the top?! Like, seriously?!
There is already option for ranged aoe Shatter, but it does shatter a Blessing (so WP wounds buffs and WP/RP hots). I don't see a reason why rSH couldn't have same tactic, but shattering enchantments instead of Blessings.

elykz

Post#16 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:28 am

I know it is not a balance change but:

Can we have some QoL improvements on SH, like having a squig that does not disappear on zone changes and such things ?
(last time i checked, squig was considered still summoned on zone change, while not actually being there)

Sundowner

Post#17 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:41 pm

Inderectly connected to SH, can devs reasses pet's damage and usefulness. After fix (nerf) to stats used on skills and removal of toughness cap pet damage has gone down dramatically and they are now usable only for skills/tactics they bring.

marauderchoppa

Post#18 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:52 pm

I agreed that rSH isn't that bad. But with the rSW buffs, I think might not be a bad idea to mirror some of those to SH abilities.
For example the changes of SW skirmisher tree, powerful draw tactic, 100ft broadhead arrow and spiral fletched arrow, 3 stacked broadhead arrow and split arrow tactic.
But my concern is in addition to path of bouncin' being aoe tree, making path of quick shootin' another aoe tree will give SH 2 aoe trees.

Ads
Brutinho

Post#19 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Spoiler:
Disclosure:
These changes would bring the same capabilities of a SW to the SH fin different masteries. It will have a great impact on the range playstyle of the SH and would bring back to line certain aspects o it’s melee mastery.

SW has the following Masteries:
Burst (melee)
AOE (mid range)
Sustain/Support (range)

My proposal would adjust SH Masteries as follows:
Burst (mid range)
AOE (melee)
Sustain/Support (range)

Visual Aid:

Proposal/Ideas:

Big Shootin’
• Move - Shrapnel Arrer - Core
• Move– Explosive arrer to core Quick Shootin’
• Move – No so fast to 5 pt Big Shootin’.
• Move - Poison Arrer to 9pt Quick Shootin’
• Move - Extra toxic Coating to 9pt Quick Shootin’
• Move – Strength in Numbas to 7pt Big Shootin’
• Update - Not so fast: Remove build up while moving. Now reduces toughness and initiative
• Update - Increased base damage of Acid Arrow, Throat Shot, and Not So Fast! to match Plink
• Update – Finish em off! set base damage to match Plink and remove effect bonus damage on targets with 30% or lower HP.

Quick Shootin’
• Move – Rotten Arrer to 9pt Big Shootin’ (with 100ft range)
• Move – Yer Bleedin’! to core Big Shootin’ (with 100ft range)
• Move – Behind ya! To core Quick Shootin’
• Move - Shoot thru ya to 13pt Quick Shootin’
•Move – Da waaagh iz strong to core tactics
• Update - Run Away! Increases 30% speed for 10 secs while out of SA. Detaunts enemies within 30ft while on SA. 45 sec CD
• Update – Shootin’Wif da wind: Increases the range of all Quick Shootin’ abilities by 25%
• Rework - Shoot thru ya: Single target skill, match behind ya! damage. Ignores Armor. 10 sec CD
• Rework – Poison Arrer: Prepares your next 3 Path of the Quick Shootin’ abilities to deal additional 300 Elemental damage. 3 sec cast time. 30 secs CD. 1 sec internal CD
• Rework – Git em! Only usable out of SA, range set to 65ft. Damage base on ballistics. You strike your target for X, and you pet strikes it’s target for X. If you and your pet hit the same target a second attack will occur.
• Rework – Explosive arrer: Attach explosive pack to your next Attack. Will deal X elemental damage on hit and extra X elemental over 9 secs (single target). Does not trigger GCD. 10sec CD
• Removed – Splinterin’ Arrers tactic

Bouncin’
• Move – Git em! From core Bouncin’ to Core Quick Shootin’
• Update – Cut ya! Usable while on SA
• Update – Big Claw Snare lasts 5 sec. 10 sec CD
• Move – Ere Squiggy to 3pt Quick Shootin’
• Move – Sharper toofs to 3pt Bouncin’9
• Removed – Out of my Way and put back M4 15pt Path of Big Boncin’

Core abilities/Tactics
• Update – Da waaagh iz strong: Extend time for Stop runnin’ 15sec , Rotten Arrer 15sec and Explosive Arrer 15sec
• Update - Tastes like Chicken: Instant 1k heal instead of 440 HoT. 1 min CD
• Update – Farty Squig: You cause your pet to explode, leaving a smell that staggers enemies within 20ft for 4 secs. 30 sec CD
• Update – Squig Frenzy: Increases 50% of All squig damage for 10 secs. 30sec CD
• Rework – Sharper toofs: No longer increases damage from Git em!. Ard noggin’ and Cut ya! Will also damage up to 2 enemies within 20 ft of your target

• Several abilities now have a "While Frenzy" modifier below
- Big Shootin’
Finish em off – increases target’s damage taken by 10% for 5 secs
Not so fast! – Increases build up time by 25%
Rotten Arrer – undefendable
- Quick Shootin’
Git em! – Pet attacks (only) ignore armor
Shut Thru Ya! – undefendable. Always critically hits
- Bouncin’
Ard noggin’ and Cut ya! Will also damage up to 2 enemies within 20 ft of your target (while buffed and Sharper toofs tactic maximum of 5 players can be hit, 1 target +4 extra)
[BG] Amelios RR8X
[SH] Gittens RR8X | [SHM] Moquito RR 6X
[IB] Ambiorix RR 7X
[KOBS] Quarterback RR7X

franzjaeger

Post#20 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:34 pm

Brutinho wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:18 pm
Spoiler:
Disclosure:
These changes would bring the same capabilities of a SW to the SH fin different masteries. It will have a great impact on the range playstyle of the SH and would bring back to line certain aspects o it’s melee mastery.

[...]

This looks like it would gut the Quick Shootin' tree into the ground. You just took all the good stuff from QS and moved it to BS? Why try to make Squig Herder another boring 110+ ft turret?