Recent Topics

Ads

Regarding the item customization exploits

Let's talk about... everything else
jonathanmurphy3

Re: Regarding the item customization exploits

Post#41 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:46 pm

/sigh

You DO realise it's merely one axe that you can dual wield, right?
* A level 8 axe with **** stats
* 2H >>> dual-wield

You need to get out of your house more, have a glass of vino tinto and chill.
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20
Leader of Lupus Deus Est (Destro) - a competitive small-scale PvP Guild

Ads
Ototo

Post#42 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Much better now that i added u to ignore, jm3, much better :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:

labotimy

Post#43 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Ototo wrote:I can hardly see the difference of loosing 2 maybe 3 persons doing this. I can as opposite see the advantages of the vast ammount of people actually taking rules seriously. If its a game, cheating is cheating. Games are meant to be played by all players with the same rules, then something, either luck or skill or whatever, decides who wins. U cant encourage a part of the community to actually search for "minor" exploits, cause they will, and eventually find that 3 minor ones are a mayor one.
Obviously mad.
1: having level 8 2hander and shield equipped didn't make me win or not win anything.

2: I didn't go looking for anything. As explained in Bloodfists screenshot, my character was lost from the sc bug. When I got him back his equips were like that.

blah blah blah i cheated, blah blah blah lynch mob. get good.

Twyxx

Post#44 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:51 pm

I think this thread has gone from discussing whether or not something is an exploit to e-shouting at each other and ad hominem.
But that's just me.

jonathanmurphy3

Post#45 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:53 pm

I echo Labotimy's thoughts @ Oto: get good, m9
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20
Leader of Lupus Deus Est (Destro) - a competitive small-scale PvP Guild

Morf

Post#46 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:00 pm

I dont see why this is such a problem. Im not jonathanmurphy's biggest fan but this gives no power gain at all, if anything it makes less sense to equip 2 1h axes as a chosen. Its for visual only, infact im all for this type of customization, wp dual wielding 1h hammer's, black orcs dual wielding why not ? doesnt give them greater power
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Sinisterror

Post#47 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Hello. Me using that brutality offhand on my dok, no excuses, i wanted the 5+ str compared to bloody edge. Dmg differnce was 1 more damage on autoattack and 1 dmg from skills. Didnt really think it was that big of a deal since ive seen lots of mara mutations in ah and i thought it was more common tbh. Yes i did exploit this but dont think it was gamebreaking and have no problems switching it back to bloody edge=) peace.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

magter3001

Post#48 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Morf wrote:I dont see why this is such a problem. Im not jonathanmurphy's biggest fan but this gives no power gain at all, if anything it makes less sense to equip 2 1h axes as a chosen. Its for visual only, infact im all for this type of customization, wp dual wielding 1h hammer's, black orcs dual wielding why not ? doesnt give them greater power
If the devs changed this globally, giving WPs wielding abilities for example, I would be for it. I always wanted my WP on live to dual wield 1h hammers because of how bad-ass it looked. I'm sure jm3 only want to look cool with his axes but the current structure of the game doesn't allow Chosens or Black Orcs to dual wield unless a bug occurred.
Twyxx wrote:I think this thread has gone from discussing whether or not something is an exploit to e-shouting at each other and ad hominem.
But that's just me.
Agreed. Unfortunate since there can be a good constructive discussion about this. Everyone is just getting their feelings hurt or getting too emotional with this post, surprising that I did myself as well. :lol:
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Ads
Stinkyweed

Post#49 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:39 pm

in·teg·ri·ty
\in-ˈte-grə-tē\
noun
: the quality of being honest and fair
: the state of being complete or whole
Full Definition
1 :firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values :incorruptibility
2 :an unimpaired condition :soundness
3 :the quality or state of being complete or undivided :completeness
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

labotimy

Post#50 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Stinkyweed wrote:in·teg·ri·ty
\in-ˈte-grə-tē\
noun
: the quality of being honest and fair
: the state of being complete or whole
Full Definition
1 :firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values :incorruptibility
2 :an unimpaired condition :soundness
3 :the quality or state of being complete or undivided :completeness
Clearly you're more upset then Ototo.