Recent Topics

Ads

Play-As-Monster 2.0

Let's talk about... everything else
Tesq

Re: Play-As-Monster 2.0

Post#11 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Azarael wrote:My thought would more have been about implementing Skaven as decent classes and having them as a kind of third faction.

I'm interested to hear about the potential for adding or modifying abilities, too. I don't relish the idea of having new functionality with old tooltips, should we rework anything in future.
That's a lot of work aza, i would pause any idea of it.

-they would need their own faction starting area
-you should find a way to revolve the rvr siege from 2 to 3 faction.
-also they have very few skill so you probably had to creat from zero 30+ skill and 30+ tactics, with out count, the mirroring system and the meccanic.

It would be indeed better make them as a destruction 4rd faction and add vampire count from zero to order allies.
Last edited by Tesq on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Halhammer

Post#12 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:32 pm

My thought would more have been about implementing Skaven as decent classes and having them as a kind of third faction.
This
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

Vigfuss

Post#13 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:42 pm

What if it was used as a form of AAO. If a realm is badly outnumbered they could spawn one powerful player controlled monster at the keep once every 30 mins or so. Only one allowed at a time.

But there are probably other better ways to fix one sided sieges.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

PartizanRUS

Post#14 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:03 pm

After reading this thread. No.

Monster play should be reserved for admins and gms only for events etc, no need to ruin the whole game, again.
Burn heretics and mutants, purge the unclean. ingame - Partizan . Hammer of Sigmar guild [RUS]
Image https://i.imgur.com/Un7WASp.jpg Image Image

Dana
Former Staff

Post#15 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:22 pm

PartizanRUS wrote:After reading this thread. No.

Monster play should be reserved for admins and gms only for events etc, no need to ruin the whole game, again.
My opinion too.
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#16 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:13 am

Why not have 6 factions and finish the rest of the classes in WAR? Shadowbane was very interesting to play on the roleplay servers which restricted your class/race selection to different realm classifications. I've always held onto this particular fantasy as something at least possible in WAR.

This is something that's been sitting on my gDrive for a couple years now. If new classes were able to be added to the game, it would round out each faction with an archetype and mechanic as well as introducing new ones. (not to mention putting Slayers and Choppas in their correct place as light armor melee DPS). These are all pulled conceptually from WHFB.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pNHrK ... 12LeR2uC8k

Important bits if you're wary about the link
(MA= Medium Armor) (LA= Light armor) (RDPS= Ranged DPS)
Empire - Captain (MA DPS), Hunter+pet (Physical RDPS), Jade Wizard (Cloth Healer)
High Elf - Noble (LA DPS), Loremaster (Caster RDPS), Hero (MA Healer)
Dwarf - Hammerer (MA DPS), Grudgebearer (Caster RDPS), Smith of Valaya (MA Healer)
Chaos - Demonette (LA DPS), Berserker (Physical RDPS), Bloodletter (MA Healer)
Dark Elf - Beastmaster+pet (MA DPS), Shade (Physical RDPS), Hag (Cloth Healer)
Greenskin - Big 'Un (MA DPS), Mushroomist (Caster RDPS), Orc Shaman (MA Healer)
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

lilsabin

Post#17 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:04 am

give warrior (tank) type character a charge , if it is even possible :)

Lindisfarne

Post#18 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:04 am

This would be awesome for a world boss fight and GM controlled events. But keep these things out of RvR xD
free typi
Lindisfarne Massacre--Northernrage--Pagans Mind--Dio

Ads
Luth

Post#19 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:38 am

As i posted somewhere else:
For the next easter, it would be nice to see a dev controlling a giantic chicken, that has superiour stats and funny/powerful CC effects. Chicken should drop special loot when it's dead.
:lol:

Londo

Post#20 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:04 pm

I think once in a while event, with world boss controlled by ror staff is most likely in near future. Takes almost no time to implement, its just character with higher level wounds and 3d model replaced with NPC. Can even drop multiple loots when defeated.