Recent Topics

Ads

Mighty Soul Removed?!

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CptGeorges

Re: Mighty Soul Removed?!

Post#31 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:01 pm

Gurf wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:59 pm Three of us (all lvl 40) got Solo by a Chosen the other day, was crazy, I was playing Slayer so expected to die but killing three was a bit much. Him hitting us for 500-800 and us hitting him for around 100 with 600 mitigated. Never saw solo Knights running around doing the same thing though.
It is almost as if they're not the same class. Interesting, right?

Ads
Alucard2010

Post#32 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:02 pm

Literally no purpose in even trying to play 2h knight now - you can't reach meaningful WS #'s to dent the armor/toughness stacking meta since none of our gear gives it - runefang had it, but was removed. You provide exponentially more use in S&B now vs 2h utility and I guess that is what the RoR team was aiming for. I know I personally am not going to log my knight unless an aura bot is needed for a city.

Gurf

Post#33 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:02 pm

CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:01 pm
Gurf wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:59 pm Three of us (all lvl 40) got Solo by a Chosen the other day, was crazy, I was playing Slayer so expected to die but killing three was a bit much. Him hitting us for 500-800 and us hitting him for around 100 with 600 mitigated. Never saw solo Knights running around doing the same thing though.
It is almost as if they're not the same class. Interesting, right?
Yep but got the same nerf

CptGeorges

Post#34 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:05 pm

Gurf wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:02 pm
Yep but got the same nerf
Yep. You nailed it. Deduction. Now give us the same runefang ability if we are OH SO THE SAME.

zulnam

Post#35 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:08 pm

What's funny is that no one here is saying "lol MS was op. Well deserved"

We have:

- People who used MS. (Pro)
- People who say MS sucked anyway and never used it (neutral)

But whatever. The change is done, the spec is dead. In it's place we now have Heaven's Fury and a stacking dot.

GG
Balance
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

CountTalabecland

Post#36 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:08 pm

I never thought that the solo DPS Chosen was a big deal. They finally had a way to niche spec into becoming Chaos Volgograd. Their level of sustain combined with (relatively) big crits is what makes a solo sustain class good.

If that was indeed the logic of the nerf, then pretty much any other sustain solo class should be nerfed. Sustain is scary to ppl who rely on burst to troll pugs/solos in the lakes. 2h tanks are still less than optimal in zerg v zerg due to vulnerability to ranged, guard damage, and lack of HTL.

I suppose one could argue that MS/winds was overperforming in 6v6, BUT as ppl have pointed out, those forum posts dont exist and SM/BO are still better assist 2h tanks from a damage perspective.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Muurloen

Post#37 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 pm

Again, I will state that IF knights and chosen are to be dealing physical damage, then the offensive sets across the board need to have WS pumped into them to be worth getting.
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

badoglio

Post#38 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:21 pm

send me 10 golds in cod after u tried this in 2h, thanks, forr nothing, was a pleasure

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3068,3073

Ads
detrap

Post#39 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:26 pm

CptGeorges wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:00 pm
detrap wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:45 pm

You can still 1 v x with a knight, I never relied on MS to do that. The game isn't about solo'ing anyway lol. They are not promoting useless dps auras, because in a non pve premade why would you run those?
Okay you are missing the whole point. I clearly have to speak in very fine detail. Scenarios and RvR are 2 different beasts. When you play a tank and you want to apply PRESSURE to say a r-dps or a healer rather then being a health pool for somebody else that can be safely ignored, you build more offensively. Now, for the swordmaster and the IB I don't need to argue anything. Both of those classes can EXCELL at pressure. I play both, I know.

Now what does the kotbs have to show for? What pressure can I do as kotbs? Well, there's auras. The only really useful one for pressure is the heal debuff. Maybe the ap drain, if the fight persists long enough. Damage? well, now what used to be useful and unique about the kotbs is while you had less damage than any tank you could get mighty soul and bypass armor. You would still not get crazy burst like say a grudge-full IB or a swordmaster, but it would make it so people CANT ignore you. People also still have RESISTANCES. Combine that with the 15% damage increase you take and even then it is considered a bit meh, but I was willing to suffer for it because at least it was something.

What you are doing now is having the knight rely solely on his auras to do any form of pressure. Now if somebody thinks that this is fun go ahead I am not going to stop you. But by removing mighty soul you removed what little oomph the class had on a single target neccesary in scenarios to be a meaningful presence. You made a class that is on a more passive, boring side even more boring. I really does feel like whoever is making the balancing decision is thinking in blanket terms and doesnt understand individual classes.
You could be missing the point too. The knights and chosens passive pressure is from auras because that's their entire mechanic.

A knight has up to 4 consecutive interrupts they can apply on one caster. Two ap drains, setback aura, heal debuff, crit debuff, wounds and two defensive state debuffs...plus you can bypass 25% armour after you apply your BB dots and M1. If you are worried about not doing enough damage in your dps gear slot focused offense maybe?

Different tank, different role.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

lyncher12

Post#40 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:38 pm
Sundowner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:27 pm

Solo chosens were killing literally everything, if you haven't noticed that, you weren't playing the game :mrgreen:
imagine making balance changes based on solo roaming instead of group play or forts/cities :roll:

Think we should nerf AM and the likes then next?
funny enough i heard of something on the horizon for shaman