Reshade

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
paradox242

Reshade

Post#1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:35 am

I have been using Reshade for over a year now, and with this most recent patch it stopped working for myself and others I know that use it. I have forgotten how bad the game looks without it. Anyone else have the same experience or know what was changed and how it might be worked around?

Ads
SmackdownNinja

Re: Reshade

Post#2 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:29 am

Mine did the same, all you have to do is reinstall it and it will work again.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

paradox242

Post#3 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:51 pm

Interesting, I did the same (uninstalled and reinstalled with latest version, 4.9) and nothing changed. Still not loading.

Viperstongue

Post#4 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:16 pm

Whenever I want to update Reshade (or GShade), I only grab the 32bit dll from the installation package and put it renamed in ROR folder (and refresh ini file if needed). Never doing a full install.

Never had any issue, except that from time to time you need to grab an updated shader, and that most reshade builds from the official site prevent depth buffer access with online games (you'll need to find a fork, or compile it yourself without this check if you want to use such shaders).

You'll eventually have to look at the reshade.log file in RoR folder to see if there is any warning/error in there.

SmackdownNinja

Post#5 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:12 pm

paradox242 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:51 pm Interesting, I did the same (uninstalled and reinstalled with latest version, 4.9) and nothing changed. Still not loading.
Yes mine did that as well but I found the fix. First go to reshade folder inside the RoR folder, grab the shaders and texture files that have all the shaders you picked out. Put those files somewhere else for now. Now make sure you uninstall reshade from RoR. Once that is done go this link and download sildurs enhanced graphics 2.3 and follow the directions on putting it inside the RoR folder. viewtopic.php?t=13

Once you have that done go into RoR folder and click on reshade. Delete both the reshade, textures, and the sildur shader ini. files in the reshade folder and replace them your own shaders and textures that you I told you move in the first part. Launch the game and hit the home button to open reshade in game. Once you are there go into the settings tab in reshade and select your reshade folders paths for the effect search path and texture search path. Now your shader options will pop up in the home tab and you are finally done lol. I really hoped this helped man and have a good one!
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82