Recent Topics

Ads

Defensive tanks

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: What are the two hardest to kill tanks in the game in your oppinion with multiple people on them.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:32 am

KotBS
19%
Iron Breaker
28%
Sword Master
2%
Black Ork
24%
Black Guard
15%
Chosen
12%
Total votes: 247

Aethilmar

Re: Defensive tanks

Post#31 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:01 pm

skylinx wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:01 pm Class balance for real

SM <> Borc

Channel block
Waaaaaaagghhhhh
Morale pump

Am I missing anything?
Probably not. But lets not forget that SM are "DPS" tanks and that excuses why they are not as tanky.

Oh, wait, BO in DPS configuration actually has good (and probably better than SM) burst against non-tank targets with better survivability.

Yeah ... balance indeed.

Ads
detrap

Post#32 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:29 pm

Kornaker wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:51 pm
detrap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:45 am
Mordd wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:28 am

Short lived semi long reuse. Not the same as having real defenses.

in timered abilities the KotBS is better than the chosen while thats up.
knights can still have up to 60% block with self heal and softcap toughness after debuffs and softcap resis. then you throw in their m1 being turned into a 7200 absorb with vigilance for 10 seconds. But I would still say the BG and BO top the charts because of their 50% channeled block, having 90-100% block on those two classes is definitely better.
Kotbs don't have to manage Rampage, you Can spam the channeled block if you want but a buffed Slayer will hit you. Kotbs and IB have damage reduction, they are in a good spot for tanking. The other thing is just about position not about block.
Slayers lose 50% of their damage with rampage or die instantly in choke points when full red. Rampage is easily shatterable by a BO or BG with no cd on their shatter ability.

Black orcs have resistances buffed when being hit not having to hit something like the SM. Easy and constant armour and resis buffs.

Guard damage doesn't require any positional requirements also, so the BO and BG shine with guard damage avoidance.

Yes you may get hit by a slayer using rampage but you block a lot of the other damage coming your way. Softcap your toughness and have 3/4 futile strikes and your healers will have any easier time keeping you alive. Order tanks don't have that luxury of defensive channel spam apart from maybe a 2h defensive sm
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#33 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:20 am

detrap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:29 pm
detrap wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:45 am

knights can still have up to 60% block with self heal and softcap toughness after debuffs and softcap resis. then you throw in their m1 being turned into a 7200 absorb with vigilance for 10 seconds. But I would still say the BG and BO top the charts because of their 50% channeled block, having 90-100% block on those two classes is definitely better.
Kotbs don't have to manage Rampage, you Can spam the channeled block if you want but a buffed Slayer will hit you. Kotbs and IB have damage reduction, they are in a good spot for tanking. The other thing is just about position not about block.
Slayers lose 50% of their damage with rampage or die instantly in choke points when full red.
Breaking news !! Rampage now is a debuff => to nerf choppas lets give them rampage too and see how his dps drops 50%....since every destro class is OP i thnk we can afford a nerf for choppas. Lets do it!

The order-forum-mantras are fcking hilarious...

detrap

Post#34 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:22 am

emiliorv wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:20 am
Slayers lose 50% of their damage with rampage or die instantly in choke points when full red.
Breaking news !! Rampage now is a debuff => to nerf choppas lets give them rampage too and see how his dps drops 50%....since every destro class is OP i thnk we can afford a nerf for choppas. Lets do it!

I'm just describing that there are generally counters to abilities that stop them from being overpowered, what good is a slayer when a BO with nothing else to do but press a few buttons with PlanB add-on can easily shatter the buffs and a chosen easily severing all of the oath friend blessings?

You mean these destro-rampageisop-mantras is hilarious?

I've played a BG and BO, the block channel is the best defensive snb ability in the game. I really enjoy having 90% - 100% block. Yes you take rampage damage but most of the other damage is avoided from non slayer classes and guard damage. Bonus points for BO's and Chosens because they can get to M4 every 1-2 minutes

Mordd

Post#35 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:01 am

Easy to see more Destro are one the thread from the spread. With Bo second and BG so low, since BG is almost identical to an IB but can have better offense.

Koryu199X

Post#36 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:22 am

Actually Choppas have a single target rampage, check it out, maybe slayers rampage should be nerfed to that.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#37 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:47 am

detrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:22 am

Yes you take rampage damage but most of the other damage is avoided from non slayer classes and guard damage
I wonder if you have faced a stack of slayers (lets say 4) in a organized setup, im glad that mostly order doesnt play organized and also slayers are ones of the least played mdps...if i have have to fight against them frecuently will be a pain in the ass.

Bowldancer

Post#38 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:51 am

When I am bored I will calculate the percentage of your posts complaining about the same thing.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

Ads
detrap

Post#39 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:47 am

Yes you take rampage damage but most of the other damage is avoided from non slayer classes and guard damage
I wonder if you have faced a stack of slayers (lets say 4) in a organized setup, im glad that mostly order doesnt play organized and also slayers are ones of the least played mdps...if i have have to fight against them frecuently will be a pain in the ass.
Just strip those rampage enchantments with waagh and chop fasta buffs and have a shaman and dok aoe cleanse the ID, yes its powerful having 4 good slayers in a warband but its only one of a few order's hard counters against destro tanks.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#40 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:07 pm

detrap wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm
emiliorv wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:47 am

Just strip those rampage enchantments with waagh and chop fasta buffs and have a shaman and dok aoe cleanse the ID, yes its powerful having 4 good slayers in a warband but its only one of a few order's hard counters against destro tanks.
dok and shaman have a GRP cleanse (the shaman one is only 50ft range) there is no "aoe cleanse" in game. (so you need 1dok+1shaman for each grp)

Since stacking slayers is "only one of few order's hard counters against destro tanks" its ok to say that "destro tanks self-pump advantage is only one of few destro hard counters against order slayers".

Right now both counter each other...so whats the problem??