Zizzelfizz

Re: Patch Notes 18/03/2021

Post#11 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:00 am

sigh, from patch to patch less desire to log in

Ads
nonfactor

Post#12 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:00 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:27 am - The damage bonus from daemons now works like the tooltips say, +4% damage per stack up to a maximum of +20%.
The tooltip says 5% damage up to 40% though.

Shanell

Post#13 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:00 am

Welp, time to put my magus on a shelf for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

TreefAM

Post#14 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 am

engharat wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 am Huge nerf for magus and engi, which no one would group in any serious city content when he was at 40% dmg bonus. I cannot believe you did!
Just look at players like Restlin or Egyptpower or Tasya who are pulling insane numbers and kills in cities.
Bad engis/magus players are not taken to city, good ones double the dmg of the second dps.

akeskin69

Post#15 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 am

Yaay more defensive power to DPS Shaman&AM?

Are you here Rioz ;)

This is your best day in RoR

ravezaar

Post#16 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am

Since u now bringing back stuff like Trivial Blows, is there hope for me to see Cleansing Winds and Resolute Defence maybe ?
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Cqengi
Suspended

Post#17 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am

Magusar wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 am add trivial blows,but dont add doomflaye/warpforged crit buffs? Really?
So I'll explain it all here once and for all, because the devs balanced according the info I gave them but not according to my suggestions on how to balance them. (maybe because they think im always out for personal class gain, why would I report this then?), now their whole perception of the classes are skewed because they look at total damage numbers in city and just label it as broken. I'll order the events according to time.

A statement to make first, napalm/mist is a majority of the total aoe output you see from these classes in city.

Napalm/Mist changed to defendable - this change happened because I revealed to lotharic that these abilities were not calculating resists properly and doing bonus unmitigated damage (which is why youd see over 1k tick crits from them), I also advised that making it defendable would not fix this (as the issue was the damage calculation) and cause unintended side effects, like allowing engi to proc pierce defenses and allow WP to proc exalted defenses off of mist defense.

After defendable napalm/mist change- In changing the properties, the devs didnt even realise the domino effect they caused, and still havent, to date. Napalm/mist is now benefitting from the 40%+ damage bonus from the class mechanic, previously it was not. And additionally they are proccing the side effects I was talking about, and those kind of things can change realm balance. > The devs are seeing the increased damage from cities and maybe extra kills in orvr and forts from engis/magus or they concluded at least that their damage output remained the same despite their attempted nerf.

Which is how we get to the now, they have incorrectly analysed the core issue with the class' aoe spec, which again I reiterate falls down to 1 ability. -NAPALM/MIST- however they are not aware that this ability is the perpetrator for their elevated performance, and have decided to nerf the entire class and every spec as a consequence. Really lazy tbh

nonfactor

Post#18 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:09 am

Cqengi wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am So I'll explain it all here once and for all, because the devs balanced according the info I gave them but not according to my suggestions on how to balance them. (maybe because they think im always out for personal class gain, why would I report this then?), now their whole perception of the classes are skewed because they look at total damage numbers in city and just label it as broken. I'll order the events according to time.

A statement to make first, napalm/mist is a majority of the total aoe output you see from these classes in city.

Napalm/Mist changed to defendable - this change happened because I revealed to lotharic that these abilities were not calculating resists properly and doing bonus unmitigated damage (which is why youd see over 1k tick crits from them), I also advised that making it defendable would not fix this (as the issue was the damage calculation) and cause unintended side effects, like allowing engi to proc pierce defenses and allow WP to proc exalted defenses off of mist defense.

After defendable napalm/mist change- In changing the properties, the devs didnt even realise the domino effect they caused, and still havent, to date. Napalm/mist is now benefitting from the 40%+ damage bonus from the class mechanic, previously it was not. And additionally they are proccing the side effects I was talking about, and those kind of things can change realm balance. > The devs are seeing the increased damage from cities and maybe extra kills in orvr and forts from engis/magus or they concluded at least that their damage output remained the same despite their attempted nerf.

Which is how we get to the now, they have incorrectly analysed the core issue with the class' aoe spec, which again I reiterate falls down to 1 ability. -NAPALM/MIST- however they are not aware that this ability is the perpetrator for their elevated performance, and have decided to nerf the entire class and every spec as a consequence. Really lazy tbh
Wow, I am speechless. So much incompetence.

Ads
zulnam

Post#19 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:16 am

Tanks for the clarification, dalen.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

wonshot

Post#20 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:17 am

Looking at the good engineer/magus' city potential was probably about time this got adressed. lets see how it unfolds.

Trivial Blows added, has me a little worried.
I already felt like TimeToKill (TTK) was feeling a little too high even after the armortalismans reduction value( maybe this change was not directed at TTK but it does involve in endgame pvp ttk)

I am not completly against Trivial Blows if the issue truely is too many careers can overstack critchance and critdamage, but was this really the case? Im genuine curious.
Some of the first careers im thinking of when we look back at Live TB was Sorc/BW. But that is a class mechanic issue, and on here these careers were handed Boost procs so this was not an issue before, and with the latest gearsets from city added 13months ago, why is this change coming "now"? :shock:

The casters have some of the lowest none crit damage, and TB will work wonders against these classes, but when was the last time there was a real complaint about BW/sorc either for aoe or singletarget. We rarely see these "omg i got oneshotted" topics, Rain of Fire stacking and other myths from players not understanding how the game works.

So is it all the fiddling with stealthers perma critting being the issue for this sudden implimentation and honestly what feels like a setback leaning more towards Live than what RoR had going for it.

I am merely trying to see where you are coming from with this patch direction, and what the goal is. First impression is that you are shooting fish with a canon, instead of adressing individual overperforming class mechanics (sorc/bw) gear (boost procs) or your own adjustments (WE?) and this seemed like a fitting blanket bandaid to you devs.

Anyways however this unfolds Distracting Bellow Tank M2 is long overdue to be moved back to M3 slot, now that morale bombing is handed months ago.
And if crits are getting tackled this heavily, maybe time to undo the proc nerf from early days of T4 because sorc/bw might be reduced to a procbot if this trend continues (too much doomsday?)
Last edited by wonshot on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO