Recent Topics

Ads

My experience trying to play this god awful game

Let's talk about... everything else
Tabelrel

Re: My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#21 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:28 am

Like others have said, you will be out of T1 soon and if you are getting stomped in sc's just switch to a bit of rvr or pve. After playing over a period of time you will realise that dominance tends to change fairly regularly and while Order are on the up at the moment at some point that will revert to Destro.

I would stick at it, as in my opinion what this small private server has is a sense of community, where you get to know and recognise players friend and foe alike. and that counts for something you can't quantify in sc,campaign or city wins.
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010

Ads
ufthakk
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:31 am

"And don't be quick to dismiss EA. Without them, WAR would've crushed Mythic before it was even beta'd. They enabled all of us to have fun. Some more, some less. I, for one, don't really care for the game, but it was a very nice aesthetic experience, a lovely adventure / journey. And I thank you for it."

ty EA!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... ronic_Arts

ravezaar

Post#23 » Thu May 20, 2021 8:41 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 am
ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:14 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:57 pm

Not saying it was a thing in a sense of it having a notable impact but you could have both sides on one server.
If u bought 2 accounts yea, only then so that was not wide spread
I don't know how long you played live but they merged servers and you played both sided with a lockout timer.
I played all years, was on K-Norn all the time, never saw or heard about that but sure i take your word for it. None in the Guilds i played with did so
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

arorwne
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:25 am

ufthakk wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:31 am "And don't be quick to dismiss EA. Without them, WAR would've crushed Mythic before it was even beta'd. They enabled all of us to have fun. Some more, some less. I, for one, don't really care for the game, but it was a very nice aesthetic experience, a lovely adventure / journey. And I thank you for it."

ty EA!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism ... ronic_Arts
I am not saying they are angels(far from it), but mind the facts. Without EA, there would be no WAR. And without WAR, there would be no discovery of Warhammer Fantasy(for me) and no SWTOR...so...

...indeed, many thanks EA!

Sulorie

Post#25 » Thu May 20, 2021 9:42 am

ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:41 am
Sulorie wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 am
ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:14 am

If u bought 2 accounts yea, only then so that was not wide spread
I don't know how long you played live but they merged servers and you played both sided with a lockout timer.
I played all years, was on K-Norn all the time, never saw or heard about that but sure i take your word for it. None in the Guilds i played with did so
When they merged servers and you had different realms on both, they were forced to add the option to play both sides on one server on one account. They implemented 8h lockout timer.
The timer started a few minutes after logging in and ran in the background and after it was over, you could swap realms. When you time it right, you was able to swap realms right before city.
Dying is no option.

Evilest

Post#26 » Thu May 20, 2021 10:32 am

arorwne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 am EA are the good guys here
Hell no.

EA forced the early release of the game, and then despite denials put the game in maintenance mode (imo because it become clear it would not be "the wow killer") and shifted the budget to fix the game to SWTOR instead, while at the same time putting at the helm people who clearly were out of their depth like CG.

(And the proceeded to release SWTOR with the broken as feck Ilum as end game.. )

arorwne
Suspended

Post#27 » Thu May 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Evilest wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:32 am
arorwne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 am EA are the good guys here
Hell no.

EA forced the early release of the game, and then despite denials put the game in maintenance mode (imo because it become clear it would not be "the wow killer") and shifted the budget to fix the game to SWTOR instead, while at the same time putting at the helm people who clearly were out of their depth like CG.

(And the proceeded to release SWTOR with the broken as feck Ilum as end game.. )
EA did the only sensible thing. They saw that Mythic was doing fk all and just sinking money with next to no RoI(in any form), so they just went "release. now. **********". Perfectly sensible.

And putting CG at the helm...again, sensible(given her track record), but they should've really investigated things further. They'd quickly find out that Carrie is a HORRIBLE manager(like below F Tier, more like T Tier).

I won't talk about SWTOR, that's another Odyssey. But, in short, yes, they mismanaged it too.

What I'm trying to make you realize is that without EA and their money, there is a bloody good chance(at least 70%) that WAR would've sunk Mythic(just like it did that studio which had the previous WHFB MMO license) and we wouldn't have ANY of this.

Boozebeard

Post#28 » Fri May 21, 2021 12:16 am

So OP didn't exactly word things in a constructive way but similarly the new player experience shouldn't be dismissed as frivolously as it seems to be by the long term player base.

A lot of people coming back to this game are probably 30 odd now and have **** to do and just being told that I should grind to 16 or find a pre made group in order to even get a good idea if I really want to play this game long term is a big turn off.

I really think some attempts to balance the bottom end of the game would go a long way to gaining more new players. Cause right now there really is some stuff that sucks. Last 2 days I've tried playing T1 SCs I've just been running into order pre mades that literally go 30-0 every match. Completely ruins the game.

Ads
arorwne
Suspended

Post#29 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:11 am

Boozebeard wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:16 am So OP didn't exactly word things in a constructive way but similarly the new player experience shouldn't be dismissed as frivolously as it seems to be by the long term player base.

A lot of people coming back to this game are probably 30 odd now and have **** to do and just being told that I should grind to 16 or find a pre made group in order to even get a good idea if I really want to play this game long term is a big turn off.

I really think some attempts to balance the bottom end of the game would go a long way to gaining more new players. Cause right now there really is some stuff that sucks. Last 2 days I've tried playing T1 SCs I've just been running into order pre mades that literally go 30-0 every match. Completely ruins the game.
I keep saying this and it is a VERY EASY fix:

2x xp / inf / rr item.

If we can have slower xp, why not have faster as well. Not only does it help with symmetry, but look, a lot of people playing this have jobs and families. Even I do, but I keep pushing for this because inadequacy of classes before R24 bothers me. Tbh, feels pointless to even play before that, you are playing a nerf version of your class.

Powell

Post#30 » Fri May 21, 2021 6:54 am

Boozebeard wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:16 am So OP didn't exactly word things in a constructive way but similarly the new player experience shouldn't be dismissed as frivolously as it seems to be by the long term player base.

I agree, new player experience is pretty dismal. There is a reason that, 2 years later, the server has retained essentially 0 overall players from the lazy peon population burst. Seems we are back to peak 1200 numbers, 1600 if we are lucky. This is a pretty stark fall off from the 3200 population that required Max to expand server capacity. And since then the server cap expansion hasn't seen much use.....

The data is all there, and the best part of the game and where it comes into form is usually around vanq/invader gear. Imo.

At the end of the day the numbers don't lie. And a lot of the issues this server faces is directly linked to population issues (looking at you sc ranked brackets).