Recent Topics

Ads

Where does a Black Ork fit in now??

Let's talk about... everything else
Duukar

Where does a Black Ork fit in now??

Post#1 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:45 am

There are several very clear slots and play styles in this game for tanks.

ORVR WB play
City Aoe group
City ST group
Small man
Ranked

Im curious where you guys think the Blork fits into these areas after the recent heavy nerfs....

ORVR WB play - Chosen are better in every area now.. A WS buff is not a reason to bring a tank...... Chosen already provide a Toughness aura....

City Aoe group - again a group WS buff isnt a reason to bring an Blork over 2 Chosen... The M3 1200 dmg aoe silence has some applications, but they are limited as it provides KD CC immunity.. WHICH IS WHY IT WAS REMOVE FROM THE BUFFED WW SMs GOT.......

City ST group - Blorks have never really had a meta slot in this group. They are OK but Chosen and BG are far more valuable with long single punts and nice buffs and debuffs..

Small man - A WS buff just doesnt justify the slot over a Chosen or a BG...

Ranked play - Blorks suffer heavily in ranked play due to the lack of a ST punt with some range...

What are your thoughts?? Why bring a Blork ever?? Fluff damage??

Ads
tazdingo

Re: Where does a Black Ork fit in now??

Post#2 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:48 am

give thc back to snb and make mor ardcore a long punt
or just do something about that toughness buff. if it was init or reduced armour pen or reduced dmg/crit dmg it would be great, but toughness is a weak stat to just scatter around. you need 700/800 to make it useful and this buff wouldn't help most of your groupmates get near that. at best you're saving a chosen aura

Nekkma

Post#3 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:54 am

tazdingo wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:48 am give thc back to snb and make mor ardcore a long punt

... and give back 50 % stab you godder!

But yeah, the need of a, at the very least decent, st punt is dire. Reconsidering the nerf to big brawlin could also be an idea to add some more utility.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Duukar

Post#4 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:39 am

Do either of you guys see a place for BOs in any type of play as they are now?

JarlBerzirk

Post#5 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:43 am

Im sitting here staring at my full sov BO like...what do i do now? Its going to be a reality that people will go "oh sorry we have 1 BO already and thats too much" and im like...do i reroll? Spend another 6 months getting to full sov? Uninstall is looking better and better. Its an actual mess.

Nekkma

Post#6 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:48 am

Everything isn't about beeing meta. I only strapped on a shield while doing cities/forts anyway and had no intention to continue doing cities with off sov and wl done. The ability to get into city wbs certainly changed but still all wbs need tanks and only a few wbs are super fussy about exact composition (tbh this change is worse for shamans/msh which relied on cd decreaser). Roaming the lakes in a small group as 2h hasn't changed. Still fun to be had.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

ufthakk
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:55 am

Nekkma wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:48 am Everything isn't about beeing meta. I only strapped on a shield while doing cities/forts anyway and had no intention to continue doing cities with off sov and wl done. The ability to get into city wbs certainly changed but still all wbs need tanks and only a few wbs are super fussy about exact composition (tbh this change is worse for shamans/msh which relied on cd decreaser). Roaming the lakes in a small group as 2h hasn't changed. Still fun to be had.
If roaming is they only thing u wanna do it's fine, but last week we also had skull thumper nerfed. me bo feelz saad!

Sundowner

Post#8 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:55 am

In a coffin, gottem

Ads
Wintersun666

Post#9 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:55 am

Loooking mean and useless

Nekkma

Post#10 » Fri May 21, 2021 9:01 am

ufthakk wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:55 am
Nekkma wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:48 am Everything isn't about beeing meta. I only strapped on a shield while doing cities/forts anyway and had no intention to continue doing cities with off sov and wl done. The ability to get into city wbs certainly changed but still all wbs need tanks and only a few wbs are super fussy about exact composition (tbh this change is worse for shamans/msh which relied on cd decreaser). Roaming the lakes in a small group as 2h hasn't changed. Still fun to be had.
If roaming is they only thing u wanna do it's fine, but last week we also had skull thumper nerfed. me bo feelz saad!
Don't get me wrong, the BO for sure needs a st punt and some new snb utility. Gameplay hasn't changed tho, beeing a waagh-bot wasn't particularly fun. I never liked the concept of cd decreasers so will be happy for some other utility. That they replaced it what that uther trash tactic tho is mindboggling.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron