Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Omegus

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2021

Post#41 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:33 pm

dalen wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:10 pm
Arthem wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:00 pm So is this gonna be phased in to all abilities that used to stack if it was tactic / morale / ability? Or are you just going to ignore core mechanics and make an exception for one class? If you want to nerf sorc why aren't you just doing that instead of very sloppy balance work? It makes you seem to not understand the game you are balancing.
Chillwind is an ability. Even if that ability is modified by a tactic, it is still an ability.

Just like Powerful Draw doesn't turn Thadow sting into a tactic, even if it is modified by the powerful draw tactic.
This is still applied inconsistantly across abilities, and I'm not looking forward to the further nerf to the RP/Zealot if it's armour (and corp (edit: originally spirit in error)) debuff tactic is changed to work like this (just as the ability it is linked to got fixed this patch!). What about tactics that can be procced by abilities, such as Piece Defenses? I asked on Discord and - assuming I didn't get baited by a troll reply - was told that it was "an ability proc the tactic gives you access to".

Do the Daemonic Armour and Flak Jacket abilities still stack with armour buffs? Do stances (which are abilities) still stack with other things, such as the SW's skirmish stance's 5% crit bonus stacking with potions/procs?

It's really *really* confusing to work out what should stack with what :(. Also, there's a chance my info above is horribly out-dated now so sorry if so.

On a related note, thank you for fixing Demon Spittle!

edit: So I realise this was a while ago now, but this is Azareal confirming that tactic stacking from base tactics or ability procs went into the tactic stacking group. The justification for "Warping the Spirit" (Zealot's armour proc from a heal) not stacking was because it would be too powerful and not because it was in the wrong stacking group: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10300

edit 2: What about the Wrist Slash tactic for the SW? From what I've been able to find it initially fully stacked, but then was changed so that the buff part stacked but the debuff did not.
Last edited by Omegus on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Baaldr

Post#42 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:47 pm

BG change is a really bad change. Makes it a terrible 13pt ability.

ekalime
Developer

Post#43 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:33 pm

Grious wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:03 pm So how long until t1 players can return to the t1 zone because at this point its just hilarious seal clubbing
It needs to be fixed, the debolster is not working correctly.

Atropik

Post#44 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:22 am

Baaldr wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:47 pm BG change is a really bad change. Makes it a terrible 13pt ability.
I agree on this, FoF was always subpar to BA/CD, now its just dead. If spec versatility is desirable, this change was a step to opposite direction.
Nicelook | Obey

Atropik

Post#45 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:35 am

sogeou wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:51 pm Sorc's going to be big mad >.> 30% less damage on no more debuff stacking.
Sorcs who worth a damn thing rerolled the class or quit the game 1k years ago, no worries, they are fine.

Where did you get these 30% numbers? 30% is huge, its the difference between st BW and dps runnie. I wouldnt even bother myself slotting ress.debuff tactic if only sorc has a single +15% damage tactic like any other dps. But as it stands now - among 23 tactics sorc has or can go for, - only 5 are somewhat useful and a couple more can be slotted for PvE, all the others are dead.
Nicelook | Obey

navis

Post#46 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:41 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:59 pm Oil change is great but maybe instead of removing rewards from 100s of potential kills, is it possible to share for all defenders on the next capture/defend reward tick?
Not a bad idea.

I like the intent of the change but it may not be aware that the changes to area target effects like Rain of Fire are now much more difficult to use around the ram areas since the change that added line of sight requirement. I never liked that change myself.

Amazing patch once again!

lolwut

Post#47 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:47 am

Baaldr wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:47 pm BG change is a really bad change. Makes it a terrible 13pt ability.
Is it as bad as WAAAAAAAGH! now? I think it is, so it's a well balanced fix, that brings competition back into the mix! Ain't competition great? We all want some more.

Mordd

Post#48 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:28 am

Good patch all the way around.

Ads
LobsterRekon

Post#49 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:52 am

My personal opinion/feedback from a pug perspective about the oil change:
  • Why is oil still a consumable that costs 5g? Most pugs will probably not even buy it anymore. To be more consistent, oil should be free or have its price drastically reduced
  • I see less intensive to defend keeps, when we are severely outnumbered. One of the main motivations to defend such keeps is the potential for a high-renown oil drop.

chise

Post#50 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:47 am

Forcing oil into a tactical tool for defending keeps instead of a mindless farm button is a good change
Also, these Sham/AM changes - mindblowing how such a seemingly small fix gives me so much QOL

Great work