Recent Topics

Ads

no more crying, lets play.

Let's talk about... everything else
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: no more crying, lets play.

Post#41 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 pm

Biggest issue is the devs are being held ball and chain by this community, and their ideas mingle with suggestions the community throws at them. It needs to be one or the other, not both.

There are wide reaching balance implications with every bit of content added to the game - but that shouldn't be a concern until it actually is actualized. And historically, devs here can react better than they can proactively make changes.

I personally think the dev team should stop focusing on how content they add affects balance until something egregious comes along that cannot be ignored.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#42 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:22 pm

Secrets wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:08 pm Biggest issue is the devs are being held ball and chain by this community, and their ideas mingle with suggestions the community throws at them. It needs to be one or the other, not both.

There are wide reaching balance implications with every bit of content added to the game - but that shouldn't be a concern until it actually is actualized. And historically, devs here can react better than they can proactively make changes.

I personally think the dev team should stop focusing on how content they add affects balance until something egregious comes along that cannot be ignored.

I definitely agree with this!

Absolute balance is something that will never be achieved, no matter how much time is spent trying to achieve it. What should be focused on is fun. Toss in a bunch of new races and classes. Add crazy quest lines that lead nowhere, or reward stuff that would be purely for bragging rights. Add another faction, or two, or three!

If something completely messes up the balance then fix it or roll it back, but crazy unexpected stuff happening in MMO's is half the fun!

Convince them of this Secrets, I'd love to see what types of things you all can come up with if you're unencumbered by the idea of balance at all costs.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Parallell86

Post#43 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:54 pm

I just dont see how things are gonna be balanced when you have simple skills like a ST dot on SW/SH. Gained on same level, core ability. SW dot ended up being x3 stackable, has about 100 feet range and no cd. SH dot has 65 feet range, 5 sec cooldown and none stackable.

Things like these are just obvious to tilt the powerbalance. WEs and WHs are supposed to be equals with different aspects. WH clearly got superior defense. Now with an armor debuff they hardly need to use torment anymore because they do enough damage with Razor strike. Not to mention their overall damage output got increased plenty with that debuff.

penagos22

Post#44 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:03 pm

#wipeallchanges #mythiclike

zulnam

Post#45 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:17 pm

penagos22 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:03 pm #wipeallchanges #mythiclike
Yeah. Screw it, lets do this.

I vote for this. So that's 2 people agreeing 100% opinion on the forums; which has to make it at least top 5 most popular suggestions.

PS:
I think this is a problem. Forums are a very bad form of communication. They boil down essentially to angry letters.
We are all just medieval monarchs communicating via letters. And we all know how well those got along.

OP:
I'm sorry man. I know, you really tried. I feel bad. Hope you have a good day!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Parallell86

Post#46 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:23 pm

None of this matters. None of this matters to them. One side is always gonna be outpowered. And the OP-class-seekers will follow that realm. You know what I mean, the "Excuse me Im new here, what class should I play?"

In my opinion, mirror both sides to be identical. Theres balance. Let skills and coordination make the difference. Dwarf fan boys are still gonna play dwarfs. Greenskin fans are still gonna play greenskin and so on.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#47 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:18 am

penagos22 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:26 pm
Parallell86 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:20 pm
penagos22 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:14 pm

No, what I am trying to say is that asking for buffs and nerfs is what has us in this situation, when I mention that I was also an underdog it is because I understand what happens with the destruction.
And yet every other order player denies it.
That's why I suggest that we go back to how I left the mythic game in terms of balance because when you no longer have the possibility of coming to the forums to cry, people will have to play. But for now, and if the changes never come or come, it is best to work with what you have. Do not take it personally, for me it is better to face a strong destruction.

Clearly you never EVER played Live....Mythic nerfed Destruction into the ground within the first 3 months and kept doing it, because they all played Order and players either changed to Order for Easymode and Easywins and Easygearing or they left, causing the game to DIE.

As stated, it's really easy to say "come play and don't complain" when you're not just the strongest Classes hands down, but you have the numbers as a result of every single player KNOWING if you want easy gear, easy progression, easy everything, go Order. And you never have to even fight another player, but if you do, you'll win ALWAYS. You just want us to log in so you can farm us. Clearly. Otherwise, you'd roll Destruction and play with US if that wasn't true.

Warhammer RoR will not sit stagnant in it's current state. I refuse to believe The Team is just fine with how things are. We just have to realize....they do this of their own free time and their goal is for EVERYONE to have fun and enjoy their time in-game. Yes, we have to figure out what has to happen.....one is obviously balancing the classes...bringing Destruction classes up to Orders power.....but none of us should truly believe that The Team wants us unhappy and wants to see us not have fun and even worse, not play at all.
But don't pretend you don't have it ridiculously easy right now.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#48 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:27 am

I'd be on board with this, to be honest.
I feel very strongly about this, to the point where I'd rejoin the dev team to see that happen.

RoR has gone far off-base with balance. Live was something familiar that everyone could really agree on. It would also fit in well with existing systems.

Ads
penagos22

Post#49 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 am

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:18 am
Parallell86 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:20 pm

And yet every other order player denies it.
That's why I suggest that we go back to how I left the mythic game in terms of balance because when you no longer have the possibility of coming to the forums to cry, people will have to play. But for now, and if the changes never come or come, it is best to work with what you have. Do not take it personally, for me it is better to face a strong destruction.

Clearly you never EVER played Live....Mythic nerfed Destruction into the ground within the first 3 months and kept doing it, because they all played Order and players either changed to Order for Easymode and Easywins and Easygearing or they left, causing the game to DIE.

As stated, it's really easy to say "come play and don't complain" when you're not just the strongest Classes hands down, but you have the numbers as a result of every single player KNOWING if you want easy gear, easy progression, easy everything, go Order. And you never have to even fight another player, but if you do, you'll win ALWAYS. You just want us to log in so you can farm us. Clearly. Otherwise, you'd roll Destruction and play with US if that wasn't true.

Warhammer RoR will not sit stagnant in it's current state. I refuse to believe The Team is just fine with how things are. We just have to realize....they do this of their own free time and their goal is for EVERYONE to have fun and enjoy their time in-game. Yes, we have to figure out what has to happen.....one is obviously balancing the classes...bringing Destruction classes up to Orders power.....but none of us should truly believe that The Team wants us unhappy and wants to see us not have fun and even worse, not play at all.
bro, I'm literally suggesting to go back to a version where my class is possibly the worst in the whole game and leave the thing balance , but at least when we find ourselves in that situation, people like us will stop looking at what the other has and start thinking about how to play our class, how to win in rvr, how to win in 6v6, etc.
What you say in your text was said by the order 1 year and a half ago. That's why I tell you it is better to leave the balance issue as mythic left it

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#50 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:10 am

penagos22 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 am
GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:18 am

bro, I'm literally suggesting to go back to a version where my class is possibly the worst in the whole game and leave the thing balance , but at least when we find ourselves in that situation, people like us will stop looking at what the other has and start thinking about how to play our class, how to win in rvr, how to win in 6v6, etc.
.... :shock:

Warrior Priest, of all classes, have NEVER been "the worst" in a PUG, never mind in the entire game. Ever. Much less when Mythic had control. If RoR was to go back to Mythic days, it would end the project and I love it far too much to sit back and let that happen. I can't lose Warhammer AGAIN. Warhammer RoR means SO much to me.....you have no idea....

Look, I'm trying to see your side and understand where you are coming from, but when you say crazy things like this, it's impossible to see ANY light. You have to acknowledge there's a gross imbalance. I mean, I want to help RoR. I want to see this game prosper, to grow to amazing heights. I want to be able to play this game for the rest of my life. I would be extremely happy if that was possible.

Why do YOU think the population is SO lop-sided? People want it easy.
penagos22 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:30 am
What you say in your text was said by the order 1 year and a half ago. That's why I tell you it is better to leave the balance issue as mythic left it
And Order got exactly what they wanted. Destruction got nerfed, they got buffed and here we are.

So here.....if everything is balanced, and Order never complained, they just adapted and played, then let's see that nobility......roll Destruction and ONLY Destruction for ONE (1) YEAR EXCLUSIVELY.

Call it an Official Challenge to you and every Order that believes the balance is fine and not a problem.....then we can come back to this thread and see how you feel then. Until then, there's nothing you can say to disprove the power and population imbalance that is extremely clear.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996