Recent Topics

Ads

Nerf WE

Let's talk about... everything else
Detangler

Re: Nerf WE

Post#141 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:54 pm

Thanks for necroing this thread and making me think I somehow missed 14 pages of drama.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
joroth

Post#142 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:52 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:54 pm Thanks for necroing this thread and making me think I somehow missed 14 pages of drama.
Same :(
Eviljordy 80 dok
Thiccjordy 73 Witch Elf
Twitch.tv/eviljordy

SuperStar

Post#143 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:04 am

Nerf the WB, it cannot countered this is the game breaking. Don't let them ignore toughness and we will see the "good" player regen welfs suffer.

reynor007

Post#144 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:42 am

SuperStar wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:04 am Nerf the WB, it cannot countered this is the game breaking. Don't let them ignore toughness and we will see the "good" player regen welfs suffer.
it already got the nerf it needed, WB is no longer OP, it's just a nice ability
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Fenris78

Post#145 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:37 am

The only annoying thing about Witchbrew is that it could be procced with dagger throw, wich is an unblockable skill (like all similar throw skills in the game).
Ignoring Toughness is a base mechanic of pretty much every proc in the game, so I see no reason to nerf it further.
WH got a 450 Spirit proc, wich is ignoring toughness too, but he cannot proc it on every attack, wich is the main difference.

And Sacrifices Rewarded should be a mastery tactic wich scales with trees, not a core tactic giving flat base absorb of level of a tank can get (Swordmaster, 650 absorb, with 8 mastery points !!).
Either put this tactic on a tree, or lower the shield value to 325 or 400, wich should match the WH one ; accounting for the average crit chances lower than 25%, it should have similar proc frequency.

Fix those two broken bits, and WE will not be as uber OP, both nearly unkillable AND deadly when in this stupid def build everyone seems to use nowadays.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#146 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:44 am

blablabla WE is far from OP gitgut and stop telling the same lies over and over again, it's getting boring.

raynor is right here: frenzied mayhem does not work anymore for WB, which is a flat 25% nerf, which was unnecessary imo but it's in the game for several month now. still ppl complain about WE to be OP. do you even play this game? and why would WEs have all their good stuff striped away while other classes can keep it? makes no sense at all. meanwhile tanks/WH/dps healers/engis/WL hell even some SW can totally rip def WEs. if you can not, then thats your inability to play your class.

Grimir

Post#147 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:15 pm

So many pages and words to, imo, say a very simple thing: such stealth classes (and what is more so overpowered) have nothing to do in an RvR game.
Just keep in mind that those classes were originally created in a commercial view to appeal to solo players and attract them to WAR.
To me, these single-player oriented classes are purely an aberration in a game like WAR.

Agree or not, that was my 2 cents.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#148 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:18 pm

Grimir wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:15 pm So many pages and words to, imo, say a very simple thing: such stealth classes (and what is more so overpowered) have nothing to do in an RvR game.
Just keep in mind that those classes were originally created in a commercial view to appeal to solo players and attract them to WAR.
To me, these single-player oriented classes are purely an aberration in a game like WAR.

Agree or not, that was my 2 cents.
wild claim, source?

Ads
Grimir

Post#149 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:26 pm

inoeth wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:18 pm wild claim, source?
An old interview from the devs when the game was still in development. Not sure i can find it back

inoeth
Suspended

Post#150 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:05 pm

even if, what would that change? ppl are mad that they can't win anything in a 1v1 and then claim that 1v1 is not even intended because it's a MMO. but who ever defined that actually? the charming thing about MMOs is that you can chose what you want to play, nobody is forced to do anything. if you don't like that, maybe WAR is not the right game for you, maybe MMOs are not the right game for you because actually soloing is possible in any of them. further there are also solo kill counters and titles, so it is very well intended to play solo.
what you want to say is "remove stealthers" but tbh solo players will keep playing solo nevertheless, do you want to remove all classes? because that is what this will lead to.
accept different play modes, gitgut and stfu, thanks