Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rhinochild

Re: Patch Notes 28/01/2022

Post#61 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:50 pm

I'm still trying to figure out what the bad thing is about xrealming? Like - what is the problem?

People xrealming to join the outnumbered side? What's the problem there? This is the benefit of xrealming so that our pvp game has some p's to p against.

People xrealming to join the side that's already winning? I guess maybe some people do that. Individuals - not guilds. No guild I'm aware of ever did this. The only thing guilds are doing is swapping to the outnumbered side so that they have someone to fight.

Perhaps the question should be WHY would an individual swap to the winning side. That would be an interesting question to ask everyone: WHY DO YOU XREALM.

I think the answer would be: uneven rewards. You get more chances at bags and higher ranked bags for winning a fort than for losing. If the rewards were even for both sides there would be much less incentive for individuals to swap sides which would mean more defenders.

The rewards for winning don't have to be better bag drops than the losers, more medallions/emblems - they are the kills you make along the way and the drops you get from those kills.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

Ads
Xirucio

Post#62 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:59 pm

Rhinochild wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:50 pm I'm still trying to figure out what the bad thing is about xrealming? Like - what is the problem?
Perhaps the question should be WHY would an individual swap to the winning side. That would be an interesting question to ask everyone: WHY DO YOU XREALM.
You get more chances at bags and higher ranked bags for winning a fort than for losing.
There you go, you have answered your question.
As i said earlier, a gamer's drive and motivation are the extrinsic rewards.Bags should be more relevant to the winning side, but changing to the winning side at will should not be an option because it's like breaking the rules.I mean it's logic 101.
Now, this phenomenon is only possible because there is this ''tool'' called x-realming.

Rhinochild

Post#63 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:11 pm

Xirucio wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:59 pm
Rhinochild wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:50 pm I'm still trying to figure out what the bad thing is about xrealming? Like - what is the problem?
You get more chances at bags and higher ranked bags for winning a fort than for losing.
As i said earlier, a gamer's drive and motivation are the extrinsic rewards.Bags should be more relevant to the winning side, but changing to the winning side at will should not be an option because it's like breaking the rules.I mean it's logic 101.
Now, this phenomenon is only possible because there is this ''tool'' called x-realming.
Which is why bag rewards should be equal for both sides.
Hamskull, Hamdisc, Hamblek, Hamball, Hambean, Hambeam, etc

Bozzax

Post#64 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:13 pm

The campaign needs an overpopulated side to work (advance). In reality it barely works and we have mostly odd hours cities.

Embrace the fact that one side needs to be stronger (have a numerical advantage)

By design current rvr mechanic don’t enforce the zerg to split and spread to win. It can just blob about happily with max rewards

Secondly you gain more as a player by blobing along a zerg.

The effect of aoo surfers/swappers is hardly noticeable and not a mechanic that has a significant impact

Amazingly we have ppl believe the silver bullet is to restrict players

😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹😹
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

tazdingo

Post#65 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:30 pm

one side doesn't have to be stronger numbers-wise, one prem wb is worth significantly more than a single pub wb. stomps still happen when aao is low but these are the good kind of stomps, one side is being rewarded for having greater coordination. 40/60 aao keep pushes fail all the time because the outnumbered defenders funnelled properly stop standing -in- the doorway you fool

Nekkma

Post#66 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:43 pm

Xirucio wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:26 am
Bozzax wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:02 am Lol at trying to fix a zerg by design rvr campaign with lookouts
The lockouts will stabilize the server population in time, just like in any other game that locks you to a faction or server, or server&faction or whatever.
People will join a faction that it resonates more with their history as a Rpg - Mmorpg gamer and stick to it. Just like in any other game that locks you from the beginning.
It's actually...normal.
Yeah, we already tried that on live servers and the realm balance popwise was in no way better back then.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Kaelang

Post#67 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:10 pm

Rhinochild wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:11 pm
Xirucio wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:59 pm
Which is why bag rewards should be equal for both sides.
So you get the same rewards for losing as you do for winning?

Sounds fun - a very obvious problem here is 'lets throw'.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

heybaws

Post#68 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:30 pm

Grobi00F wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:41 pm
heybaws wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:33 pm
Xirucio wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:29 pm ^Yes, but it's easier to change to the winning faction and just join a PuG group. It's a more convenient behavior that probably became automatic, giving how easy is to jump on the winning side.
As i mentioned already surfing through empty zones will not give you much contri. So according to you people switching on easy side and going pug warband while getting nothing for it.. Where is the issue?
Zone contribution doesnt matter when you can surf the Zerg to City/Fort in a span of 2h.
Outnumbered pop has higher chances to get into fort, and by capping flags you can score enough contri for bag, while zergers have to compete with each other for white bag even. So once again, where is the issue?

Ads
tomato

Post#69 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:31 pm

Who the **** switches in RvR to the zerging side? To freely farm vanq? xD
As if anyone still lacks RvR gear at this point...

There is not even an incentive to xrealm to the zerging side. People switch to the underdog side all the time, especially organized warbands which actually drive the RvR.

Blaming crossrealming is a coping mechanism from pugs that got farmed running boxes.

heybaws

Post#70 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:37 pm

Xirucio wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:42 pm
heybaws wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:33 pm
Xirucio wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:29 pm ^Yes, but it's easier to change to the winning faction and just join a PuG group. It's a more convenient behavior that probably became automatic, giving how easy is to jump on the winning side.
As i mentioned already surfing through empty zones will not give you much contri. So according to you people switching on easy side and going pug warband while getting nothing for it.. Where is the issue?
Let's not put it in this dichotomic, absolutist view.
Why not? Is it because it will look like there is no actual impact on outnumbered side gear progression, and it will also show that all realm priders are just mad that other people are not playing how you want them to?