Recent Topics

Ads

LotD final test & latest news

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Re: LotD final test & latest news

Post#11 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:18 pm

Jeliel80 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:50 pm
Jeliel80 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:05 pm Can't you study it better and make a less imperfect conversion? :D
Also going to jump on this part.

This has been a huge project in work for a considerable amount of time.

The reason for imperfections isn’t necessarily based on the mathematical ratios - it’s more on the means of obtaining gear in comparison with obtaining new currency.

The difficulty comes in when you consider how fast you get a number of a specific currency and you change that to a singular. Common sense here says it will take longer to obtain X as it’s worth Z. Which is where some of the tuning is done.

The ratios behind the currency exchange rates seem pretty good from what I’ve personally seen but regardless of how many times the numbers are ran it won’t ever be completely perfect based on the fundamentals of gear progression and acquisition of current currency.
Ok I understand that, but I don't see why you won't share the conversion rate, BEFORE you release the patch.
So we can actually decide if to use the currency before end, instead of getting angry AFTER.
Thanks for you time.
PS: just wanna point out that on live the ONE currency change was disastrous, but I'm sure you took that well into consideration.
I’ll bring this up internally. I don’t see a reason we can’t release the rates earlier once they’re finalised and ready.

From my understanding they are ready to go - but we know how development works.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Omegus

Post#12 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:30 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:46 pm1 - RvR and Scenario currency is currently planned to be unified.
Thank you :).

Because I've seen a couple of different answers, does this include ranked scenarios?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Jeliel80

Post#13 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:32 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:18 pm
Jeliel80 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:11 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:50 pm

Also going to jump on this part.

This has been a huge project in work for a considerable amount of time.

The reason for imperfections isn’t necessarily based on the mathematical ratios - it’s more on the means of obtaining gear in comparison with obtaining new currency.

The difficulty comes in when you consider how fast you get a number of a specific currency and you change that to a singular. Common sense here says it will take longer to obtain X as it’s worth Z. Which is where some of the tuning is done.

The ratios behind the currency exchange rates seem pretty good from what I’ve personally seen but regardless of how many times the numbers are ran it won’t ever be completely perfect based on the fundamentals of gear progression and acquisition of current currency.
Ok I understand that, but I don't see why you won't share the conversion rate, BEFORE you release the patch.
So we can actually decide if to use the currency before end, instead of getting angry AFTER.
Thanks for you time.
PS: just wanna point out that on live the ONE currency change was disastrous, but I'm sure you took that well into consideration.
I’ll bring this up internally. I don’t see a reason we can’t release the rates earlier once they’re finalised and ready.

From my understanding they are ready to go - but we know how development works.
Thank you, much appreciated.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

dalen
Developer

Post#14 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:08 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:30 pm
Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:46 pm1 - RvR and Scenario currency is currently planned to be unified.

Because I've seen a couple of different answers, does this include ranked scenarios?
No.
Source Developer

Omegus

Post#15 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:11 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:08 pm

No.
Boooooooo :P

I know the thread says final LOTD test, but considering the bugs that happened with this test where BOs became uncappable towards the end will there be one extra test to make sure it's working before launching properly?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ninjagon

Post#16 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:18 pm

TEST FEEDBACK:
1.We really need to know the nubers of all players (destro AND order) in the LotD zone. This test, it looks like the destro has a lot more people fighting, but how a man can be sure?
Lets implement the LotD zone to the State of Realm addon?

2. Some BOs were buggy again, that they cannot be capped.

3. This is really wrong: "you can now only capture objectives at most 2 steps away from a connected objective owned by your realm, or 2 steps from your warcamp."
Most of the diversionary actions are lost with this.

It looks like you try to punish zerg fest (by a debuff) and in the same time you force players to fight at limited places only.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Whyumadbro

Post#17 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:33 pm

the "only capture objectives at most 2 steps away from a connected objective owned by your realm, or 2 steps from your warcamp." is not rlly helpfull

dalen
Developer

Post#18 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:36 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:11 pm
dalen wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:08 pm

No.
Boooooooo :P

I know the thread says final LOTD test, but considering the bugs that happened with this test where BOs became uncappable towards the end will there be one extra test to make sure it's working before launching properly?
That bug was noticed and we will look it and fix it before final release.

The test also revealed some other things to tweak. But without real rewards in the zone I think more tests will have a diminishing return on the information they bring as interest will gradually drop. So just like with cities there will likely be some further tweaks and improvements after release.
Source Developer

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#19 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:13 pm

I’m sure a lot of the streamers will be happy to hear about Twitch drops.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

KissShot

Post#20 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:39 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:13 pm I’m sure a lot of the streamers will be happy to hear about Twitch drops.
Liar