Recent Topics

Ads

Criticism About Currency Change

Let's talk about... everything else
Avacyn

Criticism About Currency Change

Post#1 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:57 am

This is to as clear as possible.
I believe in providing feedback so that whomever is aware of the effects of their changes and can provide their reasonings and or decision making matrix.
Please feel free to add to or query my opinions.

1. The costs of ALL <40 arms and armour is too high compared to the amount of crest obtained/hour and REQ to spend them on full sets progressively.
2. The necessity for prerequisite sets is not a good idea noting 1. It also heavily disincentives PvE sets, Particularly keepers
2.5 This also makes gearing at 40 even slower than before.
3. Genesis and Subjugator costs are too high, even if you can choose what you get.

I believe the above changes seriously degrades the game experience for <40/70/New/Alt players.
It seem to me, this change ONLY benefits players 70+

Constructive solution(s), either:

Dramatically decrease the costs of <40 arms/armour,
Remove the prerequisite to sets and re implement RR reqs,
Reduce the costs of Genesis/subjugator and or re impliment them from Gold/Purple bags,
Dramatically increase the currency rewards from bags, and zone flips (wins), (note: please dont do this, this is not the preferred solution)

Thank You

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Criticism About Currency Change

Post#2 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:46 am

but now at least you won't get 20 same genesis piece in row!!! /s

sorry friend, we've already realized that all of us who don't have enough rvr currency are just bad players and should just git gud, no discounts for you.

potwood

Post#3 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:30 pm

I agree with you, it is also that you will miss on the crest rewards when you are taking genesis crests unlike prepatch you could just pick the reward that suits you (medallions/crests) when you happen to get the wrong piece of genesis/weapon.

I don't get why the increase in grind for lower rr players, I think it should be made easier not harder to catch up.

Maybe keep the genesis crest gains as they are for pre 40 but increase them significantly for 40's.

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:55 pm

Read the patch notes, they already said they will change the pre-reqs. Make sure you are up to date prior to posting.

Additionally, the hourly rate of progress is much higher than before if you are winning and getting kills, and you can make progress towards your next piece in any game mode, in any sized group.

This currency change is all around good for the game. If the prices are too high they can be adjusted but from just one weekend I don’t believe that they are. You have weekly RvR rewards guaranteeing you 100+ crests for just existing and putting in a pretty fair amount of time, on top of any and all other crests you are getting.

You don’t “miss out” on progress for having to buy genesis. You are still getting crests in the background from kills, zone locks, and scens. Again, no matter what you do, you are now making progress any time you do pvp which is a wonderful change.

The patch has only been out less than a week, there is no fair basis at this point to conclude that the prices are too high. My advice, give it a solid effort for 1 month and see how much progress you make compared to city siege slog from before, then post.
Last edited by CountTalabecland on Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

normanis

Post#5 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:56 pm

juts make annihilator/mercinary requrement for upper gear. and bring tham in previous form. they where nerfed years ago by 10%.( why??)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Fenris78

Post#6 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:12 pm

My suggestion :

Keep Renown + lower tier requirement, and make all upper level pieces to be bought with lower level equivalent + difference in crests.
Exactly like the upgrade from Scenario weapons when going from Dominator-level to Oppressor-level.

Make this as an alternate way of earning gear, this way either you can keep everything and have to pay full price, or you can "upgrade" your gear without too much currency loss in the process. All earned pieces are converted in the process, only losing talismans you slotted inside.

It's to my taste a better solution, since except for appearance purpose, old gear cannot be useful for anything else (maybe for magical salvaging, and again lower level stuff is not that useful for that since you can modulate talisman power from a given main fragment), and will probably end up destroyed anyway.

You will only need to buy "new" pieces, like helms, shoulders and belts.

Introduce this until vanquisher level, and let invader + be only buyable from crests only. This way progress from lower tiers will be easier, and you even can consider using bags for genesis tokens, instead of crests only.

Martok

Post#7 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:31 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:55 pmThis currency change is all around good for the game.

I agree.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Valarion

Post#8 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:37 pm

Just my two cents. All of this is subjective, but based around a lot of hard playtesting (small&large group, all tiers, playing main & alts on both factions, etc). Only content not tested hard by me was solo and pve.

So far:
*The current warcrest requirements for most sets are acceptable.
*The new warcrest requirements for potions (x5) are probably acceptable.

My only suggestions for improvement would be:
*No sub set requirements for anything under Conq/Dom. (this can be really tough on new players) *** Update below
*T1 gear costs could be lowered just a little. (I leveled out of T1 gear before I could even buy most of it, but this was the case even before this patch)
*Genesis Crest requirements for Genesis and Subjugator are too high and need to be adjusted. (this shouldnt need any explanation)

Overall, this currency change is positive and with a few more tweaks awesome.

*** Update:

"Gear ToK Prerequisites
We're working on a system that will tolerate different gear mixtures as prerequisite for higher gear tiers, instead of strictly requiring complete sets. These mixtures of gears need to respect the minimum required tier though.

For example, 2 pieces of annihilator mixed with 3 pieces of mercenary would still unlock conqueror/dominator."
Last edited by Valarion on Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
Avacyn

Post#9 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:00 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:55 pm Read the patch notes, they already said they will change the pre-reqs. Make sure you are up to date prior to posting.

Thanks for your comment.

I have read the patch notes and for your reference what I believe to be the relevant the comment was:
"We're working on a system that will tolerate different gear mixtures as prerequisite for higher gear tiers, instead of strictly requiring complete sets. These mixtures of gears need to respect the minimum required tier though."

As you can see "working on" is not concreate.
My post was designed to encourage this process and help provide feedback that what they are working on is a step in the right direction.
I apologise if that wasn't clear enough.

Additionally I dont believe they will still fit into the levelling experience. For example, as it is, you would find it very difficult to complete a lower tier set (including weapon) before you out level it.

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:55 pm This currency change is all around good for the game.

Don't misunderstand me, I think the currency change into one is a brilliant idea. As I detailed, the rates and\or costs need adjusting.

Put simply again, things to be looked at should be:
Crest/hour,
Gear/RR progression vs crest/hour,
Sub 40 gear progression estimates
40-70 estimates (although this is new as RR has been altered I believe)

This is not just my opinion, including this thread and in game, it is the opinion of a lot of players. (generally those not already @80 Sov)

Thank you

havartii

Post#10 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:04 am

Lets pretend your just a casual player who logs in to join in some rvr solo while you heal/ rez and just chill to some tunes. Sorry dude.. you get nothing.. maybe a low contribution warcrest per zone. This game is only for try hard 6man grps or organized warbands in bis to farm max currency.. You are now out of luck. GG
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change