Recent Topics

Ads

Make RvR more like SCs.

Let's talk about... everything else
Djxto

Make RvR more like SCs.

Post#1 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:19 am

Taking BOs generate points that rank keep,heal door/lord.
You know where to go, you know where the enemy will be. Its very simple. It works on offense and defense.
Why cant this be done? It would be great.

Gromgril crossing would work well for this. The next BO to open could be totally random, any SC mechanic would be better than what is now in RvR. When the BO locks it drops some boxes, everyone is happy!

Edit: 2 BOs could be open at a time, Gromgril is just a good example, because its a progression of the board. SCs there is no confusion on where to go or where the enemy probably will be, that would be nice to have in RvR also.
Last edited by Djxto on Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Lion1986

Re: Make RvR more like SCs.

Post#2 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:27 am

Djxto wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:19 am Taking BOs generate points that rank keep,heal door/lord.
You know where to go, you know where the enemy will be. Its very simple. It works on offense and defense.

Gromgril crossing would work well for this. The next BO to open could be totally random, any SC mechanic would be better than what is now in RvR. When the BO locks it drops some boxes, everyone is happy!
i said it thousand times and always been replied that amazon create delivery simulator is more fun because allow more ganks in rvr (still must understand how lol)

Lion1986

Post#3 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:29 am

Djxto wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:19 am Taking BOs generate points that rank keep,heal door/lord.

i said it thousand times and always been replied that amazon create delivery simulator is more fun because allow more ganks in rvr (still must understand how lol)

Parallell86

Post#4 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:37 am

if you wanna play scenarios then play scenarios.

why make the entire game into a scenario? why do we have scenarios then? RVR is meant to be freeroaming PVP.

Lion1986

Post#5 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:41 am

Parallell86 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:37 am if you wanna play scenarios then play scenarios.

why make the entire game into a scenario? why do we have scenarios then? RVR is meant to be freeroaming PVP.
so far, and for sure I am the one mistaken, is not "free roaming" more like "wait under flag to create spawn and deliver it". I fail to see where the "free " sits.

Parallell86

Post#6 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:45 am

You are free to leave whenever you want. You dont lose the zone if you do. Cap the BO grab the boxes and go.

Toshutkidup

Post#7 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:55 am

The free roaming aspect of orvr is You can freely do what you wish. Free to sit in a war camp, free to sit at BO, free to deliver supplies, free to actively look for fights, free to sit in a keep. Whatever ur heart desires your free to do it.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Lion1986

Post#8 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:59 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:55 am The free roaming aspect of orvr is You can freely do what you wish. Free to sit in a war camp, free to sit at BO, free to deliver supplies, free to actively look for fights, free to sit in a keep. Whatever ur heart desires your free to do it.
correct me if i am wrong, but you can do the very same even if you remove create generation and gives BO passive keep supplies no?

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#9 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:05 am

Lion1986 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:59 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:55 am The free roaming aspect of orvr is You can freely do what you wish. Free to sit in a war camp, free to sit at BO, free to deliver supplies, free to actively look for fights, free to sit in a keep. Whatever ur heart desires your free to do it.
correct me if i am wrong, but you can do the very same even if you remove create generation and gives BO passive keep supplies no?
I’m not sure what change ur ultimately looking for. To just make BO’s passively generate auto supplies to rank up keeps and remove box running? Before I go more into this, does anyone need to hold that BO, and if so would you like ticks of RR while holding this BO?
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

diedrake

Post#10 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:18 am

well that idea would also cause problems too. for example the BOs in the lakes used to give rr point tics every few seconds, that was the reward for holding the BOs and staying on them. This caused a lot of frustration with afk farming of rr points. If that is what you are suggesting... it has been tried and failed to be engaging.

If your suggestion is without any type of reward for the player holding said BO, then no player will be holding BOs after the keep siege begins... if the keep siege even happens as sitting on BOs for even 5 mins is boring as heck. The lakes would devolve into kill swapping all day and no zones would be locked. When i mean kill swapping i don't mean the banable type, i mean that wbs and both factions would ignore the BOs in hunt for kills as that would be more lucrative.

Right now, with the UPS style of ranking up keeps, I know some WBs prefer to hunt rather than rank up keeps as in all honesty it is pretty boring to play UPS. I am just saying that the idea presented in this post, would slow down zone locks as holding BOs wouldn't be too engaging especially if no reward for holding said BO is present for the players.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x